Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rehearsals for New Special in Powerscourt  (Read 19320 times)
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 12:08PM »

I'm sort of tired of seening the same songs over and over. I love OF, ATC and others, but PLEASE get some new ones to replace those. I can live with that.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 03:07PM »

Remeber at Slane Castle when they sang all new songs + 4 old ones,
they might do something like that again, I just can't imagine a CW show not opening with TSATDATS and ending with YRMU.

So it will be interesting to see what they do.

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 03:39PM »

But if they don't start with SDS imangine what the new song will be!
Maggie
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 05:44PM »

they might do something like that again, I just can't imagine a CW show not opening with TSATDATS and ending with YRMU.

I can't imagine paying good money for the same old, same old stuff I already have on more than one DVD/CD.
I can see and hear it anytime.

I ordered some Greatest Journey DVDs for my family members in Ireland, because they had never seen Celtic Woman.
I'm sure they will want the next one, as long as it has new songs they haven't heard before.

The ladies of Celtic Woman have unlimited talent, I'm sure they neither want nor need to keep re-hashing songs.

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 11:44PM »

I can't imagine paying good money for the same old, same old stuff I already have on more than one DVD/CD.
I can see and hear it anytime.

I ordered some Greatest Journey DVDs for my family members in Ireland, because they had never seen Celtic Woman.
I'm sure they will want the next one, as long as it has new songs they haven't heard before.

The ladies of Celtic Woman have unlimited talent, I'm sure they neither want nor need to keep re-hashing songs.

I agree with you that they should have all new songs, I'm just going with what they've done in the past.
I'm just saying that I wouldnt be surprised if there was atleast 1 old song, since a show seems incomplete when they dont end with YRMU. I guess we'll have to find out what happens when the DVD comes out.
I am hoping for all new songs, and not not any old ones.

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2009, 12:54AM »

THAT'S where I would love to be......   http://www.theworldfleadh.com/
quote from Maggie.. .. . ...

Thanks for the link...I enjoyed all the performers and I agree, that would be a tops festival to attend for sure..
You can also VOTE for Celtic Woman on this site incase any of you have not voted...I thought i would sneak in an
extra vote, not to be, they came back immediately and said, "You have already voted in this category"  but
maybe some of you have not yet voted for our wonderful C W ensemble...you can do it here, plus listen to
some of the featured performers at the festival..

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Jwad

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2009, 11:07AM »

I'm sort of tired of seening the same songs over and over. I love OF, ATC and others, but PLEASE get some new ones to replace those. I can live with that.

Im absolutely fine with seeing the old songs...not all of them though.  I definitely ready for some new ones as well.  Oh, and what is OF?  I just cannot think of what song tht is!!  lol

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2009, 11:09AM »

Oh, and what is OF?
Orinoco Flow

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Maggie
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44AM »

THAT'S where I would love to be......   http://www.theworldfleadh.com/
quote from Maggie.. .. . ...

Thanks for the link...I enjoyed all the performers and I agree, that would be a tops festival to attend for sure..

It's not only the artists....that's not the most enjoyable part for me.
What would surprise the heck out of Americans is what goes on around town......

There are lessons and workshops in every instrument, dance lessons, music and dancing on every street.
You would be amazed at the quality of music, and the talented instructors who are willing to give their time.
The best part is the sheer FUN of it all.......no matter what the weather.
All ages, shapes and nationalities enjoying some mighty craic in peace and harmony.
The artists enter into the spirit of it all, and there is no "I'm a big star" attitude.
There wouldn't be any point, nobody is impressed by fame and stardom, just talent.

This is a scene from a smaller, regional Fleadh:

Jwad

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 12:01PM »

Oh, and what is OF?
Orinoco Flow

OH!  Duh!  How embarassing....   Cheesy  Thanks Rich!!

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
JRRacing64
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55PM »

I wonder how it's going tonight hope the rains have held off!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 11:22PM »

Cheesy  Well, they can only tell us so much, right?  having been sworn to secrecy and signed a non=disclosure statement..
      still some things will filter out here and there...I am awaiting all the news here also...esp about the NEW SONGS...

Everyone seems ready for some new material...hope that comes our way...

shankdee

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 01:05AM »

Everyone seems ready for some new material...hope that comes our way...
They always seem to do a good job mixing in new stuff and maintaining some old stuff. A good balance. I know that I also once thought they better get a bunch of new songs. But then I realized that means cutting out more of the old favorites.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 01:59AM »

Cheesy Yes, Cash...reminds me of the old girl scout song..."Make new friends, but keep the old...One is silver and the
     other is gold".....undoubtedly , there will be some familiar favorites...but as you know, many people were so   
    disappointed  the Greatest Journey...being a collections of already recorded materials...I enjoyed it tho, because
    I was a New Fan....so was happy to get anything with them in it...You can see people's comments if you go to
    Amazon.com and read the reviews...I liked it for the Interview with David Downes...the inspiration for all the
    top notch selections and arrangements... we will just have to wait and see as Maggie said..

shankdee

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: