Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know?  (Read 4486 times)
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« on: July 30, 2009, 03:18PM »

I'm sitting here watching Lisa perform "The Blessing" and I am wowed as always.  But as I watch, I cant help but notice the numerous, very warm smiles between Lisa and David. And I notice it during "Send Me a Song" as well.  David speeks so highly of her on the GJ dvd and she speeks really highly of him in one of her interviews. The two of them just seem pretty close.  My question is, anyone know how long they've know each other?  I know they met during RiverDance and I know Lisa was with River Dance for several years before Celtic Woman.  Any ideas?

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:25PM »

Since the Riverdance from my understanding. Don't forget Scott was with Riverdance also, so it could be all three are good friends from that. And seems like David is a good friend to have when your a soloist  Grin

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:36PM »

True true.  Thanks Mel.

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38PM »

Yes, they met at Riverdance, and david said that he fell in love with her voice the minute he heard it.

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:39PM »

SO did i!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53PM »

me too.

Yah...I heard him say that.  That's part of what I was talking about.

Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 04:54AM »

Yeah. And I think Lisa is a special person for David. Very very special.

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 10:55PM »

As a composer, you want your work to be performed by the perfect vocalist/instrumentalist. You know who you want to perform the piece as you are crafting it. David obviously had Lisa in mind when he was working on the pieces that she ultimately performed. I totally understand his statement of falling in love with her voice. He is like me I think, a sucker for a beautiful voice on a personal and professional level. The looks of affection that are so obvious on the Helix dvd, are a combination of that and the fact that David is a guy. Lisa is a beautiful woman, and what man couldn't help admiring that beauty? He is a much stronger man than me. I would just melt into a puddle of goo if I were to work with her.

Annie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 03:37AM »

Yesss that was exactly what I would say about them Smiley

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49AM »

Lisa and David are obviously close friends, and I believe that is where it ends. I am thinking a Karen and Richard Carpenter type of relationship here. Obviously, Lisa and David are not siblings, but I think that would be the best way to explain their relationship. Again, I think David genuinely admires Lisa's vocal talents, and I think he is in awe of her as much as the rest of us are. He is fortunate enough to work with her, while we can only admire her from afar.

Annie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 06:11AM »

They are good friends for sure. And amen to that Smiley

Old Guy

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 07:16AM »

In addition to the other comments, Lisa has said how special it is for her to be able to perform a beautiful song with the song's author.

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 08:56AM »

Lisa and David are obviously close friends, and I believe that is where it ends. I am thinking a Karen and Richard Carpenter type of relationship here. Obviously, Lisa and David are not siblings, but I think that would be the best way to explain their relationship.

Yes.  I definitely agree.  They're close friends...perhapse like brother and sister.

and I believe that is where it ends.

Definitely.

lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:14AM »

David had a working relationship with all the ladies before they got together. You see the same look with Mairead when she was dancing around in Granuaile's Dance by David. I'm sure by now they have all become great freinds and love each other as much as if they are all brothers and sisters. Just as we have come to love them for the performers they are and the persons they are.

Steven M.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 09:19AM »

True true.  But the question was how long they've known eachother.  Not so much about their relationship.  So...it was Riverdance when they met....how long was Lisa with RiverDance?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:21AM by Lisa and Helen fanatic » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: