Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring 2010 Tour  (Read 3775 times)
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« on: September 13, 2009, 12:04PM »

Clearly, CW is making its Spring tour plans.  Other than the 3 shows in Baltimore (see seperate thread), does anyone have any information on other venues?
rick,

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:08PM »

I remember about Thanksgiving last year my local PBS had their first telethon for the spring IOH tour. So this may be the start of them.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:14AM »

unfortunately, I have made a very hard decision, due to struggling financially with alot of things like the car and house, I am not going to be going to any shows in the Spring. It's getting hard now just to come up with the money to pay for my Fall shows.  Even if I get a second job, then I wouldn't be able to get the time off.  Especially with tickets thru PBS going to start pledging in the next several months.  Now it things pick up bwt now and the end of the year, this could change, but for now, I am dealing with my  decision.

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:19AM »

so not only is there going to be a fall tour but now a spring tour? does anyone have any information on this event?

rick,

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 05:23PM »

I got this email today from john and thought I would share it with everyone.

Hi Richard

Thank you for your email.

In the Fall the group will be returning to the United States for a further short tour. Celtic Woman are currently planning a Spring tour of the US in Feb 2010 that will continue until the end of June. Once dates and venues have been confirmed they will be posted on the web site.

Later in the year we will be releasing a  DVD / CD of their new concert that was filmed for PBS Television on 29/30th July at Powerscourt , Co Wicklow, Ireland. Many Celtic Woman Fans from North America, Europe & Asia travelled to Ireland to be present at Powerscourt. A wonderful time was had by all the visitors. The DVD should be spectacular, with fireworks in the background for some of the music. Wait until you see them sing "O America" and fireworks in the colours of the American flag. The DVD / CD will feature many of the songs that were sung at the Isle of Hope concert.

The new DVD will be aired by PBS from November 28th onwards. Check your local station for details. The DVD will be available from PBS at this time and will go on general release on January 2010.

Thank you for your support of Celtic Woman and for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

John Flanagan
Celtic Woman
Dublin

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Zo

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 05:24PM »

unfortunately, I have made a very hard decision, due to struggling financially with alot of things like the car and house, I am not going to be going to any shows in the Spring. It's getting hard now just to come up with the money to pay for my Fall shows.  Even if I get a second job, then I wouldn't be able to get the time off.  Especially with tickets thru PBS going to start pledging in the next several months.  Now it things pick up bwt now and the end of the year, this could change, but for now, I am dealing with my  decision.

I'm with you Mel. There is a great possibility that I will be laid off in a couple of weeks and the Spring tour may be out of reach for me too. I would dearly love to see at least one show but that's about it. Cry  Even if I don't get laid off, I'm looking for a second job because we probably will end up taking a huge pay cut and furloughs (no pay). All the money I'm saving now is going for my trip to Ireland in 2011. I definately don't want to miss that!

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
Meow

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:40AM »

I feel the pain of those who are questioning their ability to afford a spring show.  However, I would like to offer a suggestion - garage sales are wonderful ways to earn a little money toward a concert!  You may only make enough to afford 1 concert, but hey, at least that's something.  If garage sales are too time consuming for you, then perhaps e-bay would be more up your alley.  Everyone has things floating around their house that would sell for a decent price on e-bay.  Anyway, I just wanted to offer an option!

Thanks Evita (Lisaniac #1) for both banners!!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 01:07PM »

Whoohoo! Spring tour! Looks like it's going to be another long one which probably means lots of good dates (FL please? Grin). I am happy!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: