Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Call  (Read 16546 times)
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« on: August 18, 2009, 09:38AM »

Ok, so I've searched and I didn't find any topic on this already (I hope), but I have a question about the recording of this song.  This song is only on "The Greatest Journey CD, which my sister and I don't have.  I was wondering, who all sings in it?  I know I can hear Orla and Lisa, but can anyone tell me who all sings?  And, I was also wondering, was this song recorded specifically for that CD, because it's not on TGJ DVD.  When I first saw it was on TGJ CD, I thought it was performed at Slane Castle and that they just didn't put it on that CD or DVD.  But, I'm guessing it was recorded maybe last year before TGJ came out?  Thank you!!   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:59AM »

Well I can't find my Greatest Journey CD, but I'm pretty sure it's Chloe,Lisa,Lynn,Orla,Mairead,and Alex.
If I'm wrong, correct me. I think The Call was meant for TGJ, and was recorded for that album, other songs on TGJ were re-recorded as well like YRMU and BTS

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:02AM »

All the girls sing in this one, including Alex.  Right now it is only on the TGJ CD, however it will be on the Powerscourt DVD and (most likely) the companion CD for it.  It may also be on the upcoming IOH DVD/CD that may be coming out, but I'm not sure.  We'll have to see as we don't know all that might be included in the IOH one.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:42AM »

Ok, thank you very much!!  I hope it is on the new CD, because I really love this song!!   Smiley

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 09:46PM »

All the girls sing in this one, including Alex.  Right now it is only on the TGJ CD, however it will be on the Powerscourt DVD and (most likely) the companion CD for it.  It may also be on the upcoming IOH DVD/CD that may be coming out, but I'm not sure.  We'll have to see as we don't know all that might be included in the IOH one.

Ok, so I was just rereading this and was wondering, are they coming out with two DVDs and CDs?  Is the Powerscourt DVD/CD not related to the Isle of Hope tour they did? 

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09PM »

No, the Powerscourt show is a whole different show, though they keep some of the songs from IOH.    The name of the Powerscourt show is "Songs of the Heart".   

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00PM »

This is the only song that Alex is on. Lynn is on the Call, Pie Jesu. and this CD version of You Raise Me up. The other songs on the Cd have been done by the other ladies on Celtic Woman.

Steven M.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:07PM »

Which is what the 2010 tour will be. Songs from the Heart

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 02:27PM »

Ok, so they just filmed the Powerscourt DVD, correct?  Are they even doing a DVD for the IOH tour?  I'm sorry I keep asking about this, I'm just a little confused...story of my life!  Grin

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 12:13AM »

We have heard that there may be an IOH DVD/CD coming out in September.  Remember we do have footage by CW from some of the Live shows from the IOH tour, that is most likely what any DVD would be made up of.  We just need official word.  Several PBS stations are going to be airing CW starting this month with the Fall Tour and all, so check with your local stations and see when they're airing them and watch.  You might learn something from that.  Wink

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 03:57PM »

I was just listening to this song, and I was wondering, does anyone else think of "Tarzan" when it first starts?  I swear, every time I play it, I think it is one of Phil Collin's songs coming on, and then I realize that, no, it's an even better song.   Grin

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 09:10AM »

I was just listening to this song, and I was wondering, does anyone else think of "Tarzan" when it first starts?  I swear, every time I play it, I think it is one of Phil Collin's songs coming on, and then I realize that, no, it's an even better song.   Grin

No, but when i heard it, it reminded me of the Narnia soundtracks. Wink With the drums and everything. . . way cool. Grin
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 01:44PM »

No, but when i heard it, it reminded me of the Narnia soundtracks. Wink With the drums and everything. . . way cool. Grin

Haha! I've never seen the Narnia movie(s?) before.  So, I've never heard the music either!

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:51AM »

I'll see if I can find you a good sample of the Narnia music to compare. Stay tuned . . .
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:38AM »

Ok dokey. Here are 3 songs off the soundtracks to The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbwqfuGb7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlbiajMrew&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1KD5XOJak&feature=related

And 1 from Prince Caspian that sound similer to The Call:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOj5IT8MuwA

And for anyone else interisted in a celtic sounding Narnia track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHsvmAwernY&feature=related

And a Narnia song called The Call:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7uoC-YTQy8

Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print