Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet & Greet Do's and Don't's!!  (Read 37798 times)
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« on: August 29, 2009, 03:45PM »

There's a "Concert Do's and Don't's" thread, so I thought, why not a M&G one?  I've never been to a M&G and will be attending my first one this Fall.  I was wondering if any of you forum members who have gone to one in the past could give us inexperienced M&Gers some advice!?   Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:52PM »

Ugh, this is a huge one: DON'T interrupt the girls when they are talking with someone else. You get your own time with them, but let others have their time too. DON'T INTERRUPT OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO TALK WITH THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all pay a pretty penny to go to a M&G, so don't hog the ladies and be RUDE.  Angry

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:28PM »

I think this pretty much says it all:

DON'T get Rachel unhappy with you!  Cheesy Wink

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:06PM »

This is probably bad to ask, or I should know, but who is Rachel?? 

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:11PM »

And I did want to add, if there is already a topic somewhere here on the forum about meet and greets, feel free to let me know.  Smiley  If there is, I just haven't found it yet!

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13PM »

nope don't think so but i have do:

DO bring cookies or something along those lines for them(apparently they love it!)

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:41PM »

This is probably bad to ask, or I should know, but who is Rachel?? 

No, it's not bad to ask...Rachel is their tour manager.  She has always been great to me, and she expects fans to follow the rules (no photography, etc).  She is the enforcer of things and is always there to keep watch out for the Girls.  She has a monumental job!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 08:17PM »

Oh, ok!  Thanks!!!

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 08:05AM »

Two words:  TIC TACs!

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 08:09AM »

Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 08:45AM »

hahahahahaha!  Good one!  I'm sure the ladies would appreciate that one very much!

howard

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 01:56PM »

I was excited about going to my first M&G, I couldn't wait to get my pictures signed...but I did not think about frames.              AS you know that you don't know which one of the ladies will be at the M&G.
At my first M&G we were not told until about 5 minutes or soon right before the 2 ladies walked into the room.
So be prepared, I downloaded a couple of pictures of each of the ladies.
BUT WAIT!!!!  
Don't download like I did, the pictures that I took with me were 8 1/2 x 11, your typical size paper, that's a mistake, I thought the bigger was better.
The only frame that I was able to find for that is the black ones that you put diplomas in.  Or I could have gotten a custom made frame, or got a larger frame mounted which I did not want to do.  
So before you download:
1. first decide if and how you want to display your autograped picture, the desk or the wall, and decide whether you want a pre-made frame or a custom made one; really an 8 1/2 x 11 is a bit too large for the desk, and that size is not your typical common size pre-made frame that you can buy right off the shelf.                                                      
2. go to your local frame shop or store and see what pre-made  sizes are available.  Unless you do want a custom made one.  And don't forget if you want it for your wall take in account your wall size.
3. download accordingly.

We were aload to have 5 things autographed, remember if you have cd's take out the insert and bring it with you.

Don't rush in front of the line, be the last person.

Be a name dropper, let them know you are with CWF and if Lisa is there, tell her that the "OldFatGuy"
sends his best.  Wink

Hope this is some help,
Howard

p.s. I agree about the tictacs  Grin

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 03:06PM »

I was excited about going to my first M&G, I couldn't wait to get my pictures signed...but I did not think about frames.              AS you know that you don't know which one of the ladies will be at the M&G.
At my first M&G we were not told until about 5 minutes or soon right before the 2 ladies walked into the room.
So be prepared, I downloaded a couple of pictures of each of the ladies.
BUT WAIT!!!!  
Don't download like I did, the pictures that I took with me were 8 1/2 x 11, your typical size paper, that's a mistake, I thought the bigger was better.
The only frame that I was able to find for that is the black ones that you put diplomas in.  Or I could have gotten a custom made frame, or got a larger frame mounted which I did not want to do.  
So before you download:
1. first decide if and how you want to display your autograped picture, the desk or the wall, and decide whether you want a pre-made frame or a custom made one; really an 8 1/2 x 11 is a bit too large for the desk, and that size is not your typical common size pre-made frame that you can buy right off the shelf.                                                      
2. go to your local frame shop or store and see what pre-made  sizes are available.  Unless you do want a custom made one.  And don't forget if you want it for your wall take in account your wall size.
3. download accordingly.

We were aload to have 5 things autographed, remember if you have cd's take out the insert and bring it with you.

Don't rush in front of the line, be the last person.

Be a name dropper, let them know you are with CWF and if Lisa is there, tell her that the "OldFatGuy"
sends his best.  Wink

Hope this is some help,
Howard

p.s. I agree about the tictacs  Grin
I agree that you need to think ahead with pics. Its not as easy as you think. First, you have to get the pics you want. But some pics dont have the RAM, sheep, bits, bytes, pixels, whatever, to be good pics, even if the CW on the pic looks beautiful. Once you print it out, if it doesnt have the right technical specifications, its gonna look bad. And sometimes the pics look great on the computer screen, but when printed, end up fuzzy or blurry. And at $5 a shot, it gets expensive to try to do things trial and error. But one general rule of thumb, if the pic seems small and unclear, even a little, on the computer screen, its not going to be a good print out.

Second, frames are not as easy as you think either. Like Howard points out, you need to fit the pic to the frame. Seems easy enough, but, when I get my 8x10s, they print on 8.5x11, but theres like a white border around it. It wont fit into a 8x10 frame unless i cut around the white border. But there is an 8x10 frame that I found that slides the 8.5x11 right in and it looks good. Look in CVS in the frames area, and look for a metalic frame that doesnt have the usual screw like things on the back, but has a place to slide the pics in.

Also, like Howard mentioned, use the 'last in line' strategy. It extends the fun of the M&G as you get to either chat with other fans in line, or listen to what others are asking the girls and they may something interesting. Its not like you are spying, its all in public. I guess though some people need to hurry to get home because they have work or school the next day.

I ddint know they had a limit on autographs, but thats probaably a good thing. I few people do ask for like a dozen and that seems a bit much maybe, as if everyone did that, the line would grind to a stop. They do have to keep things moving.

I need to remember to take tic tacs next time too. Or those little Listerin strip things.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 03:39PM »

Be considerate and don't use up all their time. Especially if it's a large M&G.  In Cleveland, the Venue started flashing the lights, telling everyone it was time to leave, and there were still people in line waiting.

Follow the rules of No photograpy.

Don't bring a zillion things to have signed, again, The Girls need to have a chance to meet everyone. Limit to 3 or 4 items if possible. 

Once Who is going to be at the M&G is announced, get those items out and ready, so you are fumbling at the table.

Don't make requests such as Photos, or hugs and such. THEY don't have the time. Remember, sometimes they are on the bus as soon as the M&G is over and on the road.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 04:13PM »

Be a name dropper, let them know you are with CWF and if Lisa is there, tell her that the "OldFatGuy" sends his best.  Wink
Yeah, that'll score some points for you.  I can just hear Rachel yelling "SECURITY!!!!!!!!!"

On the framing issue - print your 8 x 10 photos on 8½ x 11 glossy paper.  Center the photo so there's a narrow white border all the way around.  Then go to Wal-mart or any discount store and buy an 11 x 14 (or larger) frame with an 8 x 10 mat.  The picture will fit perfectly, and the matting adds a touch of class.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: