Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet & Greet Do's and Don't's!!  (Read 37802 times)
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 05:24PM »

Uhhh....  NICE example, Rich!   Wink   Grin   Grin

I agree with everything people have said.  Have several pictures ready, take CD/DVD inserts out of the CD/DVD and have them ready, etc.
Once you know who is at the M&G, get just those items ready.  I keep everything in a manila envelope.

Be respectful of the time others have with the girls and be respectful of the girls when it's your turn.  They've been working quite hard for several hours and have a long night ahead of them traveling (usually).  FYI, Rachel is usually standing at the beginning of the M&G table so you will be able to say "Hi" to her first.  I have made it a point to thank her for all she does and to thank her allowing us this opportunity to meet the girls.  

Smile!  And try to relax!  I know for me that wasn't all that easy when I had my chance to meet a certain someone.  Introduce yourself, have some comments about the show and their performance.  They will probably ask you about the show if you don't!  They all love to know that what they have done on stage has been meaningful and entertaining for you.  Be prepared to remember nothing of what you said or what they said to you after you leave the room!  Wink Cheesy

Brad T
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:36PM by btimerson » Logged

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 06:38PM »

Wow!  This is some VERY helpful info!!!!!!  Thanks to everyone so much for all the advice so far!!!!!!!!   Grin Grin

I wouldn't have even thought about the frames or photos....

And don't worry, I have my Lisa Kelly Fan Club pin and will be getting a CWF button soon, so whichever two girls are out there, they WILL know I am a member!!! 

I wish I would be able to remember what the conversations will be.  But I know it will all be a blur from all of the excitement and anticipation!!!   Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
BlueFawn

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 07:21PM »

Be a name dropper, let them know you are with CWF and if Lisa is there, tell her that the "OldFatGuy" sends his best.  Wink
Yeah, that'll score some points for you.  I can just hear Rachel yelling "SECURITY!!!!!!!!!"

HEY!!!! No ganking my tagline!

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 02:36PM »

haha!!  Now we know the secret!!!  Wink

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 08:18AM »

Before we let this thread get away - I didn't see any mention of waiting times between end-of-show and start-of-M&G.  I know waiting times will vary among the venues, but am I correct in the assumption that it is a best-practice to take the stuff you will want signed at the M&G with you into the theater?  (An envelope with 20 photos could be sizeable.) 

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 10:00AM »

Before we let this thread get away - I didn't see any mention of waiting times between end-of-show and start-of-M&G.  I know waiting times will vary among the venues, but am I correct in the assumption that it is a best-practice to take the stuff you will want signed at the M&G with you into the theater?  (An envelope with 20 photos could be sizeable.) 
Yes.  Take everything with you for the concert and M&G.  While there is some time between the end of the concert and the M&G, those going to the M&G are often asked to go to a "gathering" location before proceeding to the M&G location.  I doubt you would have time to get to your car and back again.  I know I wouldn't even want to try!   Wink 

Brad T

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 10:19AM »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 10:26AM »

make sure you DO meet & greet whoever you can at the M&G

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 07:49PM »

make sure you DO meet & greet whoever you can at the M&G
HAHA!!!  Definitely!!!!!!  And that was some helpful info about carrying the things with you to the concert.

Thanks!!! 

Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 02:54AM »

you're welcome, oc

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 07:14AM »

Actually--- it's pretty simple. Just take a couple of things you would like the girls to sign and as soon as you know who is attending get them ready.  Be courteous to all the others that are at the M&G with you and when it's your turn-- I promise who ever is there will make you feel at ease immediately. Even if you're not sure what to do, the girls are and you will leave thinking, " They were really glad I came to the concert and were happy to meet me!! "   Wink    They are totally unbelievable and you will leave there being an even bigger fan than before.   Good Luck-- relax and enjoy-- it will be, and will remain, a highlight in your life!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
barbeaver

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 09:13AM »

Are there any restrictions on what specific pictures we ask them to sign? There are lots of good pictures that are posted on the forum.

Thanks,
barbeaver

EMERALD GEMS
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 09:39AM »

Are there any restrictions on what specific pictures we ask them to sign? There are lots of good pictures that are posted on the forum.

Thanks,
barbeaver
Not really.  If you can print it, they'll sign it.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
howard

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 05:23PM »

I forgot to mention something about pictures/frames...
At the M&G they do hand out a group photo, which is 8 x 10...
That is a common size pre-made off the shelf frame.

Before you have it signed...
First check to see where the lady is on the photo.
My first M&G it was with Lisa & Alex, on the photo they both were on each end of the picture.
So that's where they signed their names at each end, close to the edge.
When I framed it part of the signature got hidden because of the frame that I used.
Next time I will ask if they would sign it not so close at the edge of the picture.

Have a Happy M&G,
Howard
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 05:31PM »

I forgot to mention something about pictures/frames...
At the M&G they do hand out a group photo, which is 8 x 10...
That is a common size pre-made off the shelf frame.

Before you have it signed...
First check to see where the lady is on the photo.
My first M&G it was with Lisa & Alex, on the photo they both were on each end of the picture.
So that's where they signed their names at each end, close to the edge.
When I framed it part of the signature got hidden because of the frame that I used.
Next time I will ask if they would sign it not so close at the edge of the picture.

Have a Happy M&G,
Howard

Great advice!!!  That would stink to get home and get it framed and find the frame hides the autographs!!  Its the part you want to show off!!! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: