Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Members of Celtic Woman  (Read 67551 times)
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« on: September 04, 2009, 12:01PM »

If any of the former members of CW would return, which girl would you want to return the most?

*Sadly, I had to add Chloe Agnew to this poll
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:01PM by CelticWomanFan425 » Logged

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:14PM »

No offence to Lynn and Alex, they're great performers  Wink But for me Méav and Órlagh. Órla carries one of the symbols of Ireland, the harp, she has a haunting, beautiful low voice, and Méav has such a amazing Irish and mystical sound... songs as She Moved Through The Fair or I Dreamt I Dwelt In Marble Halls makes your soar away, and I always have to smile by hearing Si Dho Mhameo I or Dulaman Cheesy
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:45PM »

Yes, I adore Lynn and Alex.  After all, they were two of the singers in the first concert I ever went to!!!   Grin Grin  But, if one could come back, I would choose Orla.  I have fallen in love with her music, and I think it would have been amazing to see her perform live!!! 

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:10PM »

Keep Lynn & Alex. But bring back Orla. I think the group lost a little bit of Irishness when she left.

dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:20PM »

I, like everyone else, love lynn and alex, but if i had to pick one person to come back it would definitely be Meav! lol
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:37PM by dMs827LK » Logged

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:13PM »

I, like everyone else, loves lynn and alex, but if i had to pick one person to come back it would definitely be Meav! lol

Out of all of the girls that left, I want Meav to come back the most.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 03:20PM »

All is good enough. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Gambit

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 03:43PM »

All of them!

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:48PM »

I said all of them because you can't pick more than one. I never saw Deirdre but I love her music. Orla and Meav is a given. I love Hayley as a solo so if I dropped one for the list it would be her. I wasn't too fond of Hayley when she was with teh group but as a solo so is great.

Of course bringing them back doesn't mean losing Alex or Lynn. once a CW always a CW.

But lock the doors, don't let anyone else leave.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 05:14PM »

What if I can bind them?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 05:23PM »

huh?

dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 06:18PM »

I said all of them because you can't pick more than one. I never saw Deirdre but I love her music. Orla and Meav is a given. I love Hayley as a solo so if I dropped one for the list it would be her. I wasn't too fond of Hayley when she was with teh group but as a solo so is great.

Of course bringing them back doesn't mean losing Alex or Lynn. once a CW always a CW.

But lock the doors, don't let anyone else leave.

haha :once a CW always a CW is sooo true! haha don't let anyone else leave! ROFL

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Gail

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 09:40PM »

If I HAVE to make a choice, it would be Maeve - I just LOVED her very high, bell-clear voice, and the SO EASY way she sang in Irish Gaelic.

Otherwise, I want ALL of them back - I liked Orla and Hayley, too. 

Nobody does the REALLY HIGH notes anymore, like Maeve did, & I notice the difference, even though they still sound gorgeous with their harmonies.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 07:00AM »

I have said it before, and so therefore shall it again....

Form a second Celtic Woman Troupe with those who left but wish to return. But keep their tours short, so that they can be with family, do other projects, etc, and not be committed to the long tours and recordings.

They would do a PBS type of special, then hit 24 USA cities in a 6 week tour. Star in the southeast. Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte, Miami, and jacksonville. Take a brief break.

Then hit the west . Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland or Salt Lake City. Take another brief break.

Then hit Chicago, Branson, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philidelphia, Richmond, New York, and Boston.

They would closely and carefully coordinate this tour with the Troupe 1 tour. A way to give some of the more rabid fans something to look forward to when the primary troupe has already played in their city that year.

It would enable those who have left to still be part of the group, yet on a part time basis that would permit them to do other things as well, and earn a few dollars too!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 09:45AM »

Are they going to have interviews?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: