Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Members of Celtic Woman  (Read 67564 times)
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 03:54PM »

I would love to bring back the unique sound of Orla

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 12:54PM »

Well I'd love for Lynn and Alex to stay, I'd just love for Meav to come back, but Orla being back would be amazing too.
Hayley has a successful solo career and is doing just fine on her own, it would be nice for her to come back, but not permanently

t_eric

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 10:06PM »

I had to choose all of them. Cheesy I would love for Méav and Órlagh to come back, because IMO, CW isn't quite the same without them. Again, no offense to Lynn and Alex, as they are both AMAZING singers as well - CW just feels (and sounds) very different with them instead of Méav and Órlagh.

I am a huge fan of Hayley and would love for her to come back as well, if for no other reason than to have her come back to the US. Cheesy I have never really heard Deirdre with CW but I have her CD and love it!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 07:07AM »

Cheesy  My vote is for the Celtic songbird, Meav....no one reaches the upper ranges like she does transporting us along with her to the
      ethereal heights....

and of course Orla's return would cause abundant rejoicing...she is IRISH all the way and the Harp is so lovely...

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 07:48AM »

I don't know if anyone said this yet or not but, I'd like to see a kind of 'reunion' one day. Or, one Tour. I'd love (as some of you know only too well) to have Orlagh back. But, I most certainly miss our one and only Meav too. But at the same time, as apprehensive as I was about anyone stepping into Meav's and Orlagh's spots, I have to admit that I am extremely impressed with both Lynn and Alex and as far as I'm concerned, now, at this stage of the game, Lynn and Alex are here. They are both Celtic Woman members.

But, it would be really nice to see Orlagh and Meav come back and have all 7 ladies up there. For a DVD performance, a one-nighter or for an entire Tour.

But I honestly feel, as much as I myself miss Orlagh's 'Irishness', that Celtic Woman has pretty much remained as strong as they were, before Lynn and Alex came on board. I was one, many of you know, who was extremely apprehensive about any other singer/vocalist coming in to take Meav's and especially Orlagh's spot. But, I'm happy to say that both Lynn and Alex have entirely won me over. I have come to love and appreciate them both, as I did (do) Meav and Orlagh.

I'll never forget Meav and Orlagh. That just won't happen. They will remain in my heart forever and beyond. But, I'm also, currently, very happy with Lynn and Alex.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 07:51AM »

By the way, in the Poll, how could I choose one of our Angels over the other? So, I ticked "all of them". That would really be a show!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 08:17AM »

I have said it before, and so therefore shall it again....

Form a second Celtic Woman Troupe with those who left but wish to return. But keep their tours short, so that they can be with family, do other projects, etc, and not be committed to the long tours and recordings.

They would do a PBS type of special, then hit 24 USA cities in a 6 week tour. Star in the southeast. Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte, Miami, and jacksonville. Take a brief break.

Then hit the west . Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland or Salt Lake City. Take another brief break.

Then hit Chicago, Branson, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philidelphia, Richmond, New York, and Boston.

They would closely and carefully coordinate this tour with the Troupe 1 tour. A way to give some of the more rabid fans something to look forward to when the primary troupe has already played in their city that year.

It would enable those who have left to still be part of the group, yet on a part time basis that would permit them to do other things as well, and earn a few dollars too!

That would be awesome if the girls wh left came together and formed there own group!! 

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 08:54AM »

Cheesy  My vote is for the Celtic songbird, Meav....no one reaches the upper ranges like she does transporting us along with her to the
      ethereal heights....

and of course Orla's return would cause abundant rejoicing...she is IRISH all the way and the Harp is so lovely...

shankdee

Meav is the one that I wish would return to CW!! She is my absolute favorite former member of CW!!! I literally flipped out whenever I found out that she left CW and had no plans on returning to the group!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 10:29PM »

I would want ALL of them to come back and all 9 of them do a DVD and a CD together!  I always love to imagine what that would be like, especially if all 8 singers were singing something together with Mairead playing the violin!  OMG!!!  That would be awesome!
I love all 9 girls, so I would be happy if they all got together.

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 06:26AM »

That. I want a full blown all CW members DVD and CD! It would be amazing.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23AM »

Meav is the one that I wish would return to CW!! She is my absolute favorite former member of CW!!! I literally flipped out whenever I found out that she left CW and had no plans on returning to the group!  LISAKELLY FAN 425 QUOTE

I still remember the day i found out...because I had already gotten O C C W D before I KNEW anything about her being
Gone from the performing group..I thought she was still with them!!...Then, what a blow, because I absolutely love
to listen to her sing...and watch her to on the DVDs...so yes, i can empathize with you over losing Meav...I was saddened
when ORla quit right before IOH tour...but not the actually pain and sorrow i felt when Meav left...It truly was
a sad time, but Rich and kelli and others helped me understand she wanted to move on and spend more time with her family and now Anna has a baby sister, and Meav is still performing...all is well ! ! !

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
MaryNorth93
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 10:59AM »

ethereal heights....

shankdee

Meav is the one that I wish would return to CW!! She is my absolute favorite former member of CW!!! I literally flipped out whenever I found out that she left CW and had no plans on returning to the group!

Totally agreed. I love Órla, but Méav will always have a special place in my heart. The weird thing is, when I started listening to CW I did not really like her, was a Lisa-fan voor 100 %  Cheesy but when Méav left I started to adore her and her music.. Shocked She is like a queen, proud, elegant, mysterious and still really friendly and lovely  Smiley And her voice.. she is able to do anything with it, reaching low deep notes to amazing high notes that gives me chills. Why did I love her so late? I've been asking it myself ever since..
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 11:21AM »

Totally agreed. I love Órla, but Méav will always have a special place in my heart. The weird thing is, when I started listening to CW I did not really like her, was a Lisa-fan voor 100 %  Cheesy but when Méav left I started to adore her and her music.. Shocked She is like a queen, proud, elegant, mysterious and still really friendly and lovely  Smiley And her voice.. she is able to do anything with it, reaching low deep notes to amazing high notes that gives me chills. Why did I love her so late? I've been asking it myself ever since..
[/quote]

The funny thing is, I didnt realize that it was Lisa who sang Green the Whole Year Round, I actually thought that it was someone else and that It was someone who wasnt in CW.  Dont ask my why, but that is what I thought for the longes time,  and at first, when I heard Green the Whole Year Round, didnt like it at all, but now I love it.   I didn't recognize her because she had dyed her hair again since the 1st DVD and to me, she looked completely different so I actually had no idea that it actually was her.  After I realized that it WAS her, I felt so stupid.  She has become one of my favorite CW now. (besides Lynn)

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 11:24AM »

I would want ALL of them to come back and all 9 of them do a DVD and a CD together!  I always love to imagine what that would be like, especially if all 8 singers were singing something together with Mairead playing the violin!  OMG!!!  That would be awesome!
I love all 9 girls, so I would be happy if they all got together.

I agree completely.  I really do want all 9 of the girls to do a DVD and CD together too. That would be SOOO awesome!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 02:49PM »

Reading a lot of online concert-reviews I really get the idea that Alex doesn't get much appreciation of the american people Undecided I mean, I've never seen her life and find her completely amazing! in this preview-vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWwHHEaMKdk&feature=PlayList&p=596C67C85280B103&index=0, she is really doing her best, she is no Órla, but musicians should get their chance to proove themselves  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: