Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Members of Celtic Woman  (Read 67258 times)
cahham

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 03:11PM »

I totally agree with you Mary. Alex and Lynn both have tough shoes to fill but I think they have done amazingly well! I have seen them in 3 concerts so far (the fourth in Nov) and they have both been absolutely wonderful. They have so much talent to be shared with us! I hope that we will begin to notice them for who they are and not for those whom we feel they could never replace. I think both Alex and Lynn are huge additions to the group and they still make me proud to say I am a fan. Hopefully as they perform more they will get the attention they deserve. It goes without saying I love Chloe, Lisa, and Mairead as well, they are all so ridiculously awesome! Anyway that too is my soapbox. I will just say this I love CW now as much as I did in the beginning!

Lisa

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 03:50PM »

I don't see Alex's name come here as often either. But, I've seen Alex live w/ CW over ten times now (Spring 2009 IOH Tour and the Spring 2008 ANJ Tour when Lisa was on maternity leave) and rest assured that, just as with Chloe, Lisa, Lynn and Mairead, I also think the world of Alex as well. She is a member of Celtic Woman and for me, that says it all.

(Just for the record Alex, we love you too)  Smiley

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 03:59PM »

I should add that Lynn has been here for two years now (since Meav departed in August 2007). A little bit longer than Alex has. Lynn I have absolutely fallen head over heels for. She is as pretty as the day is long and that unbelievably beautiful voice of her's is straight from Heaven. (No matter how much time goes by since last seeing CW live, I can still see, in my mind, Lynn up there singing and dancing to "Carolina Rua". She is an Angel).

But my point is ... it took me a while to really see Lynn for the incredibly beautiful talent she is. But, in time, I did. Now, I can't get enough of Lynn. I'm sure it's the same case with Alex. The longer she's actually here and the more I/we see her, the more in love with her we will fall. I don't doubt that for a second.

... Bill
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:02PM by CWFan2 » Logged

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 04:35PM »

I have said it before, and so therefore shall it again....

Form a second Celtic Woman Troupe with those who left but wish to return. But keep their tours short, so that they can be with family, do other projects, etc, and not be committed to the long tours and recordings.

They would do a PBS type of special, then hit 24 USA cities in a 6 week tour. Star in the southeast. Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte, Miami, and jacksonville. Take a brief break.

Then hit the west . Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland or Salt Lake City. Take another brief break.

Then hit Chicago, Branson, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philidelphia, Richmond, New York, and Boston.

They would closely and carefully coordinate this tour with the Troupe 1 tour. A way to give some of the more rabid fans something to look forward to when the primary troupe has already played in their city that year.

It would enable those who have left to still be part of the group, yet on a part time basis that would permit them to do other things as well, and earn a few dollars too!

Does seem like a good idea. Maybe even add in a guest fiddler so it's more CW.

I would choose Hayley, she's my favorite of all the former members, but I love them all.

By the way, is this based on their exposer to the group, people wanting them back? Only one person said Deirdre and she seems nice. At least the most popular answer was all of them. I do like the new members as well.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 04:51PM »

Deirdre filled in for a time, for Meav, earlier on than probably most members here are aware. Certainly Deirdre is not without mentioning as she too is a gifted singer. (Rich could help out a lttle better on this than I can). But there's a chance many of the, especially newer members here, might not even be aware of Deirdre.

Rich, care to interject here?

... Bill

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 08:40PM »

Rich, care to interject here?
Interject something about my favorite niece?  Delighted!   Cheesy

Yes, Deirdre took Méav's place on the first CW tour, while Méav was having her first baby.  There is some footage of Deirdre in the documentary portion of the TGJ DVD.  She has also toured with The Irish Tenors, Lord of the Dance, Frank McNamara's If You're Irish, the Canadian Tenors,  and Ragús.  She is a remarkable lady.  Not only is she a wonderful soprano with incredible stage presence, she is also one of the sweetest, warmest people you could ever meet.  We're anxiously awaiting news about her upcoming plans and schedule.  You can learn more about her by visiting her web site.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 08:48PM »

Of course there is no prejudice, is there Rich?

LOL

I have never met the lady but once I heard her sing, well ......

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 09:49PM »

Yes, Deirdre took Méav's place on the first CW tour, while Méav was having her first baby.  There is some footage of Deirdre in the documentary portion of the TGJ DVD.  She has also toured with The Irish Tenors, Lord of the Dance, Frank McNamara's If You're Irish, the Canadian Tenors,  and Ragús.  She is a remarkable lady.  Not only is she a wonderful soprano with incredible stage presence, she is also one of the sweetest, warmest people you could ever meet.  We're anxiously awaiting news about her upcoming plans and schedule.

Yeah, what Rich said!!  Deirdre is da bomb!  Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 05:20AM »

Deirdre was the first CW lady I met and it was at the debut of " If You're Irish" in Chicago.  Once you hear this lady sing you are captured!!  I guess we can say that about any of the CW ladies, huh!  But meeting Deidre was  soooo special! She was as sweet and down to earth as she could be. It was like seeing an old friend and she made you feel like she was there just to meet you!!  A beautiful and extremely talented lady -- in all meanings of those words!!  Yea, Deirdre

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 06:56AM »

Yes, Deirdre took Méav's place on the first CW tour, while Méav was having her first baby.  There is some footage of Deirdre in the documentary portion of the TGJ DVD.  She has also toured with The Irish Tenors, Lord of the Dance, Frank McNamara's If You're Irish, the Canadian Tenors,  and Ragús.  She is a remarkable lady.  Not only is she a wonderful soprano with incredible stage presence, she is also one of the sweetest, warmest people you could ever meet.  We're anxiously awaiting news about her upcoming plans and schedule.

Yeah, what Rich said!!  Deirdre is da bomb!  Cheesy
Ditto,Ditto, and an extra Ditto!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
ferngully
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 08:41AM »

my favourite of all of them is orla, i would love to see her return. but each of them brought something unique with them. as i love meav's and deirdre's voice, i have to put all of them but if pressed to name one, i would say orla
MarleneDFan1901

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2009, 04:13PM »

i like orla over both Alex and Lynn. So Orla should definitely come back because with Alex and Lynn the harmonization is totally gone. it disappeared when she left.  Cry.
Kokoro no Uta

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 05:23PM »

Meav and Orla. I'd love to see them come back and perform again.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32PM »

I'll include all four into the play I've created.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2009, 10:28PM »

I would love Meav and Orla to come back.  They were there since the whole thing got started.  They were both respectively the highest and lowest voices of the group.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: