Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Members of Celtic Woman  (Read 67248 times)
gcerny12

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2009, 11:50PM »

Meav and Orla definitely. But especially Meav. I to had to vote all of them. Lynn and Alex are great in their own rights but some of the songs that either of the two have done to take the place of Meav and Orla just don't sound as good as they should. I guess it's just certain songs wind up being one person's song and you get accustomed to it being done that way. May also have to do with the way the song was composed for the voice that will be singing it. to me there are a couple of songs that just out right belong to Meav and noone else will ever be able to do them quite right. Just my point of view.

After seeing CW in Lubbock Lynn and Alex will definitely have the same thing happen there will be certain songs that won't be quite right without their voices.

My alter-ego when not listening to or watching CW. 
By Joe Palomine
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 12:55AM »

Meav and Orla definitely. But especially Meav. I to had to vote all of them. Lynn and Alex are great in their own rights but some of the songs that either of the two have done to take the place of Meav and Orla just don't sound as good as they should. I guess it's just certain songs wind up being one person's song and you get accustomed to it being done that way. May also have to do with the way the song was composed for the voice that will be singing it. to me there are a couple of songs that just out right belong to Meav and noone else will ever be able to do them quite right. Just my point of view.

After seeing CW in Lubbock Lynn and Alex will definitely have the same thing happen there will be certain songs that won't be quite right without their voices.

I agree with your entire post, but the parts that I bold-ed were the ones that speak my mind best!

I was a bit of a late starter. I only discovered CW this past summer, so Meav and Orlagh had already left (I had no idea) I pretty much just stuck to watching ANJ DVD videos on youtube and such and watching PBS, and I just became so accustomed to Meav and Orla as a part of the group. I admit to not even knowing Deirdre, Alex or Lynn ever existed (  Undecided ) I guess that's because Deirdre never did any DVD work with the girls, and SFTH is the first time Lynn and Alex have been featured on a DVD.
  So, when I heard of Deirdre, Lynn and Alex I was just like, "Who?" I only learned more about them AFTER I joined the forums... Embarrassed I hope this isn't making me sound like I'm partial to Lynn and Alex joining the group! 'Cause I'm not! I absolutely love them and think that they are both a wonderful addition! Cheesy
  But, gosh, I've fallen so in love with both Meav and Orlagh's voices; it's really hard for me to imagine them ever having left. To me, that's like having Lisa, or Chloe, or Mairead (GOD FORBID) leaving!  Shocked
  I voted for Meav, simply because she spoke(sang Wink) volumes in Danny Boy and The Last Rose of Summer in ANJ. I don't know why I'm drawn to Meav as a vocalist; there's just something impossibly pure and clear to her voice, it's hard not to stop and listen whenever she sings. It's just a beautiful sound.
  If we were permitted to vote for two girls, Orlagh would be my next pick, hands down! I agree with a VERY early post that I read when sifting through this topic that "Celtic Woman lost a bit of it's Irishness" when she left. (I forget the poster of that comment, sorry! lol!) Again, Orlagh leaving is like having one of the other original girls leave; it just doesn't work in your head when someone is missing, you know?

That being said...Meav and/or Orlagh...if you ever read this...

Coooooooooooooooome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack hooooooooooooooooome!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2009, 09:01AM »

'Twas I who mentioned about "Orla's irishness. (Back on page 2 here, 6th post down). But in all fairness, it was Kelli who had first said that (Orla's irishness) to me.

I almost died when Orla left. I was still stinging from Meav leaving (that announcement [from Meav] came on Friday 17 August 2007). When Orla left (9 Dec 2008) that almost did me in. I almost left myself. I wasn't sure I could go on here, without Orla. But ultimately, my heart would not let me leave. I was extremely close to leaving CW behind and going forward in my life, without them. I was devastated by Orla's decision to leave CW. This was on the heels of Meav's departure. Somehow, after Meav left, I stayed on. Hurt but, I stayed. I was extremely apprehensive about anyone stepping in to fill the void created by Meav's departure. I was nearly convinced it wouldn't work. It wouldn't be the same. Yet, I stayed. I gave it a shot. And, as it turned out, I came to love Lynn. And now, I couldn't be without her. Yes I still love and miss Meav. But, Lynn more than proved she is worthy and I positively love her.

The same thing is happening with Orla/Alex. Orla is sooooo embedded in heart. Nothing will ever change that. But, the more I've seen of Alex (and this goes back to the Spring 2008 Tour when Lisa was on maternity leave and Alex filled in for her then), the more I love her. In fact, she is growing on me quickly. It's now past the point, I hope she never leaves. Alex is Celtic Woman. In my heart. Now. And, forever.

My point is, I hung in there. I tried (very seriously considered) leaving CW behind after Orla left but, my heart would not let me. By then, I was in too deep. I looked at it from the 'other side of the fence' and by that I mean, I looked at my life without Celtic Woman being a part of it and, I saw that I disliked that more than I disliked the fact that Meav and Orla had moved on. So, I stayed. And, I fell in love with Lynn. And, now, I've fallen in love with Alex. They both are incredibly beautiful and incredibly talented and now, I find myself hoping, praying that neither Lynn or Alex, ever leave. They are ... Celtic Woman and ... they are home.

We'll always miss Meav and Orla, not being up there on stage with CW but, Lynn and Alex have more than proved to me that, it is worth staying on.

(I've been a CW fan since the very second I discovered them back in February 2007. Both Meav and Orla, of course, were still there then. Since that time, I've seen CW in concert (22 times overall but) with Lynn 17 times and with Alex 14 times. So I feel I've seen both of them enough now to decide whether or not I like them and/or find them 'worthy'. And yes, I do like love them both and yes, I do believe they both are more than 'worthy').

As for Deirdre, she filled in for Meav in 2005, when Meav was on maternity leave. And no one but no one can explain this better than Rich himself.

... Bill
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:10AM by CWFan2 » Logged

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
MaryNorth93
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 01:28PM »

[color=teal

We'll always miss Meav and Orla, not being up there on stage with CW but, Lynn and Alex have more than proved to me that, it is worth staying on.

... Bill[/color]

I couldn't agree more with you Bill  Smiley We'll miss Méav and Órla, (I surely do, see my signature.. Cheesy) but Alex and Lynn have proven that they more than deserve their places... Lynn is a Irish Star, but I feel more connected with Alex dynamic voice.

Only so many people, especially on youtube wouldn't give them a CHANCE  Undecided It makes me so upset. If I read comments like: 'Lisa and Chloë are beautiful, the new ladies aren't' than I want to hit that person so much. They should look a lot better to the ladies.. If you don't want to give a Celtic Woman a chance, than go wonder- oh, whatever. It's clear  Cheesy

And if Órla never would have left.. no Distant Shore  Shocked And Méav will come with an new album I guess, if her daughter Catherine has more grown?  Cheesy
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 12:13PM »

*just a note* I added Alex to this poll since she has left CW

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15PM »

Orla Orla Orla Orla Orla Orla neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to come back, my heart is breaking now that I hear that she changed her mind about not coming back. And Meav would be cool too, she was very good as well, and it's not the same without her voice

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 01:37PM »

All of the ladies brought something unique to the group and they all did a wonderful job.  In my opinion, Lynn can stay right where she is in the group because I've fallen completely in love with her voice. 

I'd like to see Orla come back to the group.  That would be wonderful! 
MaryNorth93
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 01:46PM »

Orla Orla Orla Orla Orla Orla neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to come back, my heart is breaking now that I hear that she changed her mind about not coming back.

Órla's break was always permament..She never had intentions to return.

I'd love to have Órla and Méav back.. But I'm more excited about an eventual new celtic lady  Smiley
MarleneDFan1901

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19PM »

Orla would be my choice because when she sings u cant help but picture Ireland in its full beauty although im assuming its already beautiful. But Orla really brings more beauty to Ireland than Alex and Lynn do. A few weeks (i think it was) after i found out Orla left Cw i went and laid in my bed and cried because i was so heartbroken. I was mad at Orla for leaving but then i came to realize that that was Orla's decision and i was just going to have to live with it. To this day im still as heart broken as i was when i found out. And the  part of Orla leaving that kinda still gets me mad is that she made the decision i think one or two days after my 14th b-day. (im 15 now btw)  And i think me getting sick last summer on her birthday was revenge for her leaving. jk it wasnt. I hope one day Orla will change her mind (i pray she will) and come back.   
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 03:13PM »

Orla Orla Orla Orla Orla Orla neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to come back, my heart is breaking now that I hear that she changed her mind about not coming back.
Órla's break was always permament..She never had intentions to return.

I'd love to have Órla and Méav back.. But I'm more excited about an eventual new celtic lady  Smiley

she told me that she would be leaving temporary. She probably said that because she knew if she told me she wasn't returning I would fill her car with shaving cream Wink

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 07:50PM »

I don't think that this poll is fair anymore. I want to change my vote to Alex.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 07:59PM »

I'm not a moderator so do what you want everyone, but is it possible to say who you would like to come back and why without putting down the other girls? I feel like some of the comments are getting pretty rude. Especially toward Lynn and Alex. These girls have each done a beautiful job with the group. They weren't brought in to be Meav and Orlagh clones. The beauty of Celtic Woman is that each performer is a complete individual. Sorry for the rant...

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 08:13PM »

I'm not a moderator so do what you want everyone, but is it possible to say who you would like to come back and why without putting down the other girls? I feel like some of the comments are getting pretty rude. Especially toward Lynn and Alex. These girls have each done a beautiful job with the group. They weren't brought in to be Meav and Orlagh clones. The beauty of Celtic Woman is that each performer is a complete individual. Sorry for the rant...

I totally agree with you.  Don't think of Lynn and Alex as replacements--rather, as additions: they both brought their own unique aspects to the show. I miss Orla and Meav dearly but I'm super happy that I got to see Lynn and Alex perform;  I've fallen in love with both of them, especially Lynn.  They're both outstanding performers and are incredibly talented and sweet.  

One more thing I'd like to point out: If you put any of the ladies down, you're kind of putting David Downes down in a way too.  He was the one who selected them to be a part of the group after all.  The moderators also have noted a few times that the girls do read these forums from time to time, how do you think they'd feel if they were to come across something negative?  Please keep that in mind.  Okay, my rant is done too. Tongue
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:19PM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 08:44PM »

I totally agree with you Elizabeth!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24PM »

Until earlier today, this thread had been dead for 8 months so it wasn't so much of an issue. We do understand that when a girl leaves the group, especially if it's your favorite girl, it causes great emotional upheaval. All that being said, we do moderate comments that we feel are disrespectful to the girls and we encourage everyone to remember that the girls do read the forum so it's always a good idea to keep that in mind when you post.

I don't think that this poll is fair anymore. I want to change my vote to Alex.

I've changed the poll so you can now change your vote if you so desire.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: