Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distant Shore Chat Transcript (10.3.09)  (Read 10797 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: October 03, 2009, 09:57PM »

Hey Guys, here is the transcript from the chat this afternoon with Órlagh. Questions are in bold and everything Órlagh says in is purple. For ease of understanding I've edited it so that everything that relates to a question is underneath the appropriate question. I've also fixed minor spelling errors. This is only the Q&A part of the chat! If we posted both the hellos and goodbyes.... it would be a million or so pages long. I've noted peoples real names after their screen names, if I knew them. If I don't have your name noted, please let me know it and I'll add it.

Órlagh: I’d just like to thank everyone for all their wonderful support and good wishes. I couldn’t have done any of this without you. You are truly wonderful!

Kelli: Hello Orlagh! How did it come about that you recorded Ray’s song, My Waking World? It’s an incredibly beautiful song!
Órlagh: Ray and I are great friends and I was always keeping him up to date with the songs we were thinking of doing. One day Des told me Ray was working on a song and he wanted to give it to me for the album. I was so blown away when I heard it. I cried. Ray had told me the story about Jamie a long time before that. I as very honoured he gave me the song and Eoghan, Des, Feargal and I were very moved when we were recording it. There were a lot of tears.
Kelli: You did that song justice Orlagh, thank you!

L.A. Girl (Dianne): Órlagh, will you be coming to Los Angeles and if so, when? I can’t wait to meet you. Dianne
Órlagh: I’m not sure yet Dianne. I know I’m coming to Sacramento and San Francisco before Christmas. I’m honestly not sure yet of all the places I will be but they will be on my site. I can’t wait to meet you also Dianne Smiley

Annie: Dearest Orlagh thank you from the bottom of my heart for being with us today I hope you’re having a good time. Are you planning to visit Poland and perform here? You should know that you have lots of fans here and we truly love you!
Órlagh: Thank you so much Annie. I’m not sure about Europe yet. We’re in talks with the record company at the moment and there are plans to release in Europe but again, I’m not sure when.
Annie: Ok, we’ll be waiting for you! Thank you!

Howard: Hello Orla. With your busy schedule that you for being with us. I first want to say how much I am looking forward in seeing you Dec. 9 at the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach for the “Beautiful World” show. As for your new CD it was well worth the wait, each song fantastic, which brings me to my question. I thought the most interesting song on the CD is “Hard Times” by S. Foster. How did you discover that song? Thank you again Orla, I want to wish you the very best!!! Howard, Florida, USA
Órlagh: Howard, I have always loved Hard Times. I think it’s message is very relevant today. I had heard so many up tempo versions of the song but I wanted to bring it right back and let the haunting lyrics and melody speak for themselves. It’s the song on the new record that my mother listens to and cries.

Starman (John): Orla, first let me say how delighted we are that you can join us here for this live chat! It makes us feel so much the closer to you as fans and we would hope, friends. Among the songs on your new album, Distant Shore, do you have a personal favourite and if so, which and why?
Órlagh: Thanks John. Thank you all for giving of your time this evening The song that I love most on the record is ‘You’ll Never Be the Sun.” It was the realization of a life-long dream to work with Davy Spillane and that song is the first take we did in the studio. It was me, Des, Eoghan, Feargal, and Liam the drummer. I really felt like my grandparetns were in the room with me. It was a very special experience. We went to Galway afterward to record Davy and that was magical
Starman (John): Thank you so much!
Órlagh: My pleasure John Smiley

bpea55 (Bruce): Thanks for Distant Shore Orlagh, it’s a beautiful work. We love ALL of it. Great musicians too! You have blessed us with your gifts once again. Have you considered doing any music videos for broadcast? We think Dancing in the Moonlight and Shooting Star would be perfect!
Órlagh: Hey Bruce. There are plans to do a video so watch this space. It’s going to be a surprise!!!!
bpea55 (Bruce): ohhh cool.. Thanks so much!
Órlagh: I’d better start working on my dancing!!!!

BlueFawn (Jenna): Hi Orlagh! The new album is, simply put, pure joy. It’s amazing and I can’t stop listening to it. I particularly love some of the bluegrass inspiration like on Voices On the Wind. My question is, did you set out early on planning the album knowing you would bring that style in?
~ Jenna and Orla the dog in chilly Iowa lol Smiley

Órlagh: Hi Jenna and Orla. I wanted to try some new things and push the boundaries a bit with this record. I had been very influenced by the sounds that I heard when I was on the road so much. It wasn’t a conscious thing but I suppose bits of the country and bluegrass crept in. The two are so closely related to Irish Music thought and I suppose it was like a long journey home for me.
BlueFawn (Jenna): Thanks! It’s wonderful and the styles blend very well, I agree!
Órlagh: Thank you

May is Bubbly: Lucky lady, getting so many hellos in a matter of a few seconds! Thanks so much for being here and I agree with what everyone else is saying. Smiley LOVE YOUR NEW CD!! Smiley And hi from Linde and Guardian of the Rose who could not be here! Do you play any other instruments besides the harp and the piano? If not what would you want to play?
Órlagh: Hi there to Linde and Guardian of the Rose and to you too. I don’t play any other instruments but I adore the cello and would love to be able to play it.
May is Bubbly: Cool! Thanks so much!
Órlagh: You’re welcome.

jessicar: I just want to say thank you for chatting with us again. Your CD is just amazing and beautiful and I love it! I just want to wish you the best of luck for your solo career and I hope that you come back to CW in the future. If you do a solo tour, please come to Jacksonville. Many thanks again and lots of love.
Órlagh: Thank you SO much Jessicar.

barbeaver: Hi Orlagh: Distant Shore is amazing! Your voice is so angelic! I know your grandmother influenced you musically. What artist inspired you to play the harp?
Órlagh: Moya Brennan of Clannad and the late, great, Dereck Bell from The Chieftains.
Barbeaver: Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us. We love you!
Órlagh: It’s my great pleasure.

Kasey: I wanted to say thank you so much for all the gifts and treats you sent while I was overseas and now home. How cool is that? I just want to let you know that you rock and thank you so much. Distant Shore is awesome. The hard work really shows. My mom says thank you as well (she is standing next to me). Look forward to seeing you on the upcoming tour. I will be there in Sacramento for sure. I wanted to thank you again and wish you all the best.
Órlagh: Welcome home!!! A big hello to you and your mom and hopefully see you in Sacramento!
Kasey: Mom is smiling.
Órlagh: Tell her I’m smiling back Smiley

cool2it (Gary): Hi Orlagh – It seems you are traveling almost as much as you did with Celtic Woman. Smiley Do you Miss the companionship and security of traveling in a larger group? Although, I’m betting when you close your eyes you can still see Rachel!! LOL Gary
Órlagh: It was strange at first but I always have someone with me. Denny makes sure I’m not on my own. Laura comes along to most things. I do miss all the gang though.

biruta: Hello Órla, I think that you must be a very sensitive person! Your music is so touched and magical... (and incredibly inspirational for me!) When I am sad or tired, I listen to it and forget about everything. Your songs are so full of emotion that I do not know the content to understand them. My question is: Do you like poems? Sorry for any mistakes, I’m not good at English but thanks to you I became interested in Irish culture, music, dance, Gaelic... and also English Wink Greetings from Cracow! Smiley Thanks
Órlagh: Hello Biruta. I’m so glad you like my album. I love poetry, especially Irish poets such as Yeats, Paddy Kavanagh and Seamus Heaney. By the way, your English is very good.
biruta: Thank you!!!! Smiley
You’re so welcome.

talia: Orla, thank you for being here! Your talent has really inspired me. Do you have any advice for younger people who would like to become professional singers?
Órlagh: Hello Talia, I think it’s important to have a good teacher who inspires you. If it’s not a teacher, it can be some other role model. It’s good to have someone help you with technique and show you how to protect your voice and get the very best out of it. Always sing from the heart and sing music that really moves and excites you. It takes a lot of hard work and discipline but if you love it, you can do it. Good luck. Smiley
talia: Thank you Orla, I appreciate it.
Órlagh: You’re very welcome.

coco: Hi Órlagh! I hope you are doing great! Your album is awesome, amazing - perfect! Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to chat with you again tonight! My sister Janna says hi as well (she is just sitting next to me)! Did you count the number of CDs you signed for the pre-order offer?
Órlagh: Hey Coco and Janna. I hope you’re both well. I didn’t count the CDs as I was trying to get them signed and ready for the post as quickly as possible.
coco: Thank you Cheesy
Órlagh: Smiley

SusanZ: Hi Orlagh - it’s Zee! Thank you for gracing us with your presence this evning. “Distant Shore” is truly AMAZING! My question is this: What was your family’s reaction when they first heard the new CD? Did you all listen to it together? See you in Baltimore with my mom and Bruce!
Órlagh: Hey there Zee! John has had all rough mixes in his car since I started recording. He loves it. My family all really like it too but John is the one who listens to it the most. When I was away on tour I used to hear it on in the background when I’d call him. I’ve played some of the tracks for my family and they really like it. My mother cries when she hears Hard Times and my father is funny as he keeps saying the music is lovely!
SusanZ: Thanks, Orlagh! Love you lots!
Órlagh: Ah Zee. You are the greatest.

Ggunsailor (Gaby): Hi Orlagh! It’s Gaby again! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this.
Órlagh: I’m delighted to be here Gaby.
Ggunsailor (Gaby): Okay, my question has to do with CW. Two of my favorite group numbers are Mo Ghile Mear and Beyond the sea, both beautiful numbers. What was your personal favorite group number to perform and why? My sister Chris says hi! Cheesy
Órlagh: I always loved Sing Out as it got such a lovely reaction from the crowd and we always had great fun singing it. Hi to your sister too
Ggunsailor (Gaby): I love that one, too! Thanks so much Smiley

cahham (Lisa): First and foremost I want to say your newest album is absolutely amazing. My five year old James and I have loved your music for a while now (he especially loves your harp playing, he finds it very soothing). My question is: Was there one event or person in your life that you have found to be the inspiration behind who you are today? Thank you for spending your time with us and for your music it makes the day go by a bit better. By the way, James says “Hi Orwa.”
Órlagh: There were a few people who inspired me. One was a great teacher when I was in school. He really encouraged me with my music. He was an amazing person, totally selfless, and he had a great zest for life. My family have been wonderful and without them I would be nothing. My grandparents were a huge part of my life growing up so I was very blessed when I was young. Love and hugs to James.
cahham (Lisa): Thank you so much.
You’re welcome.

Lisa and Helen fanatic (Tiffany): Hi! My name is Tiffany. Thank you so much for being here today! Your CD is incredible! You are such a blessing to all of us. I have been playing piano for 15 years and there are days that I find myself unmotivated to practice. Do you have those kinds of moments and how do you work through them? Also, Marcie (mbojorques), another very big fan of your, wanted me to say hello to you for her.
Órlagh: Hi Tiffany and Marcie. Yes, I have days when I don’t want to practice. We all have those. It's good to start off with a piece that you really love when you have those days. Something you’re really good at and love. You get such a buzz form that it will gear you up for the stuff you don’t want to do and are not so good at. Don’t worry though, we all have those days.
Lisa and Helen fanatic (Tiffany): Thank you Smiley

Tennessee: Hi Orlagh, I love your music, it has a very calming and spiritual quality. My favorite is Isle of Innisfree! My question is, would you ever consider doing a hymn/gospel album? I believe you could do an awesome version of How Great Thou Art.
Órlagh: I love Inisfree. It will always have such a special place in my heart. I haven’t any plans to do a spiritual album yet but it’s something that I will keep in mind.
Tennessee: Great!

Lisa Kelly Fan: Hey Orlagh, I have a million zillion trillion Celtic Woman pictures all over my wall, (I should put pics up on the forum) and my little sister absolutely adores you. She says hi. What is your middle name, or names?
Órlagh: Hi to you and your sister. My middle name is Bríd, after my grandmother. It’s the Gaelic for Bridget.
Lisa Kelly Fan: Thanks

gr8twh (Leslie): Orla, thanks for your time. At what point will you start your next CD?
Órlagh: Oh Lord, I haven’t really thought about that yet. It’s been so mad recently.

Happy Middle Autumn Day Orla! My name is Yang. Thank you for being here with us tongiht. BTW, today is my birthday... I mean Oct 3, it is already Oct 4 in my country. I have bought your new album, Distant Shore, but I haven’t received it yet. The parcel is on the long journey from United States. I really love these songs, especially shooting Star and Dancing in the Moonlight. They are so different and so... amazing. You are not only a talented singer and harpist, but also a great songwriter. I would love to hear more original songs in the future. My question: Are you a natural redhead?
Órlagh: Happy, happy birthday to you!!! I hope the CD will get to you shortly and that you enjoy it all. My hair was redder when I was a child so I help it out now!!!!
GTinker1986: Thank you

lifeismusic2009 (Elizabeth): Hey Orlagh! I wanted to thank you so much for all that you do for your fans and for the beautiful music that you share with us. I know you love horses and so do I! I was wondering what your favorite breed or color was and if you had a favorite equestrian sport? ~Elizabeth
Órlagh: Hi Elizabeth, I love hunter trials. I was usless at dressage when I was young as I hated the dicipline of it. I’m also a huge fan of national hunt racing and love all horses and don’t have any particular favorite breed or colour.
lifeismusic2009: Cool, thanks!

Jeanine: Thanks again for joining us. I want to express to you how much I love your new album. Every song strikes an emotional chord/response inside me for various reasons. Thank you so much for the gift of that album! “Fix You” is really meanigful too. You do such a beautiful job expressing the content and love in that song. You are so dearly loved! Are you planning on a solo tour in the U.S.?
Órlagh: Thank you so much. Yes, I will be doing some solo concerts before Christmas. They will be at small, intimate venues and will be run through some PBS Stations. I will be doing some concerts in the spring next year also. I’m dying to get a small band together and hit the road for short tours.

DALTON: You have sent Nashville into a tailspin. A tin whistle on a country western song, I just love it. An outstanding job on this album. The whole thing is done so extremely well. Thank you so much for being here. I love your new website and Facebook pages too. Please give our best to your husband and family and while you’re at it all of Ireland too. And you really do have the bardic gift in the truest traditional sense. So whatever happened to your pony?
Órlagh: Thank you so much. Do you know, I don’t know. She was sold to a lovely man but he sold her on and I don’t know whatever happened to her.
DALTON: Thank you so much for just being you.
Órlagh: Thanks Dalton

mainopsman (Jim): My question is: have you ever thought of making a solo “children’s CD” or “Christmas CD” in the future? I know I would be first in line for anything you do in the future. Also, do you have any CD signings scheduled during your tour with Jim Brickman? If you do what cities will they be in? I need to know so I can pitch my tent outside now.
Órlagh: I’m not sure what I will be doing with Jim. Everything will be on my website. I’m not the best at knowing what I’m doing until I’m actually told. I’m like the line in Inisfree “I’ve met some folks who say that I’m a dreamer.” Keep an eye on the site. There are plans to do a Christmas album and I’ve recorded a Christmas song.

CWPride: Hello Orlagh! I am so delighted that you would take time to chat with us! Thank you! What was your inspiration behind writing your album and naming it Distant Shore?(which is amazing by the way)Smiley Do you keep in touch with any of the other girls from CW?
Órlagh: I was originally wanted to call it Guide you home but the more we thought about it Distant Shore seemed to fit. I haven’t heard from any of the girls in a long time but I keep in touch with Des, Eoghan, Ray, and Feargal.

aislin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:17PM by aislin » Logged
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:05PM »

Wow! You got this up so fast!  Thanks!  Grin

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:59PM »

Thank you aislin! Smiley
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 06:47AM »

Thank you Lindsey for posting the transcript so quickly. As always, you and Rich do a phenomenal job with these chats!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 06:56AM »

Thank you Lindsey !!!!!!

Lots of Love!!
coco xxx

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 07:02AM »

Cheesy Well, I don't know how it happened, but ORLA's Distant Shore was playing as I read this transcript !! with so many
    familiar names on it...it was truly a blessing...Thanks to Orla, and C W Forum, and Aislin for the very informative
    interivew...great reading it while she was singing her beautiful songs..

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 07:04AM »

Thank You Lindsey--- sooooo speedy and a terrific job--as always!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
jessicar
Honorary Roadie

Arrr!!! I be Mad Dog Roberts!!!! Fear me!!! Arrr!!

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:49AM »

Thanks, Lindsey for a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:57AM »

May is Bubbly: Lucky lady, getting so many hellos in a matter of a few seconds! Thanks so much for being here and I agree with what everyone else is saying. Smiley LOVE YOUR NEW CD!! Smiley And hi from Linde and Guardian of the Rose who could not be here! Do you play any other instruments besides the harp and the piano? If not what would you want to play?
Órlagh: Hi there to Linde and Guardian of the Rose and to you too. I don’t play any other instruments but I adore the cello and would love to be able to play it.
May is Bubbly: Cool! Thanks so much!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

*faint*

THANK YOU SO MUCH, AWESOME MAY,
FOR SAYING HI FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& THANK YOU, AMAZING ORLA,
FOR SAYING "HI" BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:00AM by Guardian of the Rose » Logged

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
mkjlovescw

Nashville 9-01-10

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 12:25PM »

Wow,  soudns like eveyone had a GREAT time!!!    I am sooooooooo upset that i missed it  Cry Cry  Was trying VERY hard to get all my work finished in time...........but alas,   guess it just wasnt meant to be.

Major Kudos to Rich, Lindsey and Chris and anyone else who had even the smallest part in making this amazing event happen.
And big hugs and thanks to Orlagh as well!!  

Take care and God Bless,
Melissa

With Gratitude to Celtic~Fan~73
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:07PM »

Thank you Lindsey for posting the transcript so quickly. As always, you and Rich do a phenomenal job with these chats!

Zee

Hear, hear! And thanks so much to Orlagh for going overtime with us, as Rich advises she went twenty minutes overtime with us!  I hope they didn't forfeit their restaurant reservations because of us!  Undecided Smiley

hakuryu

Joanne - Lisa Kelly Fanatic! Alex, Lynn & Mairead!

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 07:19PM »

Due to unforeseen reason I can't make it to the chat even though I registered!! Sigh for unstable internet connection... Cry
At least I could look at the transcript  Cry
Thanks for posting

I've met Alex,Chloe, Lynn and Mairead yay!!!!!!!!
Mission Lisa!!
Lisa Kelly - The Voice!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16AM »

Since I am never able to be available to join the chat, I love to read the transcript. Thanks and thanks to Orlagh.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 03:44PM »

Since I am never able to be available to join the chat, I love to read the transcript. Thanks and thanks to Orlagh.

Same here

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
howard

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 06:51PM »

Thank You Lindsey quick job getting the live chat posted... Shocked
And Thanks to Rich and Chris...
and of course Orla!  Cheesy

Best Regards,
Howard

p.s. I think Orla is spoiling all of us with all of these live chats... Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: