Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distant Shore Chat Transcript (10.3.09)  (Read 10796 times)
May is Bubbly =)
Honorary Roadie

Christmas is a state of mind.

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 07:40PM »

Thank You Lindsey quick job getting the live chat posted... Shocked
And Thanks to Rich and Chris...
and of course Orla!  Cheesy

Best Regards,
Howard

p.s. I think Orla is spoiling all of us with all of these live chats... Roll Eyes

haha....

THANKS EVERYONE FOR GIVING AND HAVING A GREAT TIME!!!  Wink

*Thanks Jeff and Brian!*
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 07:49PM »

HEY! IT'S MAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 05:17AM »

Things got a little hectic during our live chat on Saturday, and I inadvertently skipped over someone.  Tara (user name Leighlam) is a huge fan; she followed the rules, registered for the chat, and showed up right on time.  Going back over the logs, I realized that I had missed her completely, and I gave her turn to someone else.  I wrote to her and apologized, and I offered to send Órlagh her question and post the response.

The question:

Tara:  Thank you Órlagh for taking the time to chat with us today.  I love both of your CDs.  Was it harder to put together "The Water is Wide" or "Distant Shore" and why?  Thank you.

The reply:

Órlagh: So sorry we missed you on Saturday.Thank-you for your patience  and graciousness.

The processes of putting together the two albums were very different in some ways and similar in that for both albums I picked songs that I really loved.
In working on The Water Is Wide, I knew I wanted to record traditional songs and all I had to worry about was getting harp arrangements together.
With Distant Shore, I started singing through the well of songs that I had gathered over the years with Eoghan and Des in my kitchen. We then sang through songs when we were on tour together and I have to say that I had so much more fun putting this album together because of all the great people that worked on it with me, in particular Des and Eoghan.

Thanks, Tara, for your patience and understanding.  And thank you Órlagh for responding so quickly.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36AM »

Rich,

I don't think anyone could question your sense of fairness. That was very nice of you to submit Tara's question and the always gracious Orla to answer it.

Zee

p.s. That was a great question, Tara!!

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 05:06PM »

Rich,

I don't think anyone could question your sense of fairness. That was very nice of you to submit Tara's question and the always gracious Orla to answer it.

Zee

p.s. That was a great question, Tara!!

Absolutely right!  And we are all the beneficiaries of the answer to this question of interest to us all!  I hadn't thought of how much more of a creative role Orlagh played in this album and therefore how much more satisfying it would naturally be for her!   I hope we collectively can make it sufficiently financially rewarding for her as well!  Wink Grin

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 06:40AM »

Cheesy Thanks, Rich, for sharing Tara's question and Orla's response...it was a great question ! ! ! I had wondered that also, and now we know how truly eclectic Orla is....what a repretoire( SP)....I am glad she had so much fun on the 2nd one !!!

Some day I hope to be able to attend one of these..

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
lintje

OMG!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 06:00AM »

OMG Orla said Hi to me thnx to May Cheesy:D

Awesome Cheesy

scott thanx Cheesy
May is Bubbly =)
Honorary Roadie

Christmas is a state of mind.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 10:18AM »

OMG Orla said Hi to me thnx to May Cheesy Cheesy

Awesome Cheesy

Grin

*Thanks Jeff and Brian!*
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 01:53PM »

I hope Chloe or Lisa give us a live chat one day

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
celticfan1973
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 09:34AM »

barbeaver: Hi Orlagh: Distant Shore is amazing! Your voice is so angelic! I know your grandmother influenced you musically. What artist inspired you to play the harp?
Órlagh: Moya Brennan of Clannad and the late, great, Dereck Bell from The Chieftains.
Barbeaver: Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us. We love you!
Órlagh: It’s my great pleasure.

It's nice to know I have something in common with Órla. Smiley Moya Brennnan is an amazing singer, and harpist just like our dear Órla. Moya is amazing in Clannad, are solo work is equally amazing. She also made a Christmas album that I highly recommend getting along with her other albums. "An Irish Christmas" is the name of the album, she has a really amazing rendition of "Carol of the Bells." A highly must hear song.
And speak of Clannad, did you all know that Enya (Real name: Eithne Ní Bhraonáin pronounced Enya nee vreeneen in Donegal Irish and etna nee vraynawn in the Connaught dialect of Irish) and her siblings were all members of Clannad. Enya, and her sister Maire left to pursue solo careers. Just a little trivia for you all.  Grin

Michael  Grin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:52AM by Celtic~Fan~73 » Logged
Ross

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 06:26PM »

My question isn't posted. Huh
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 06:35PM »

My question isn't posted. Huh
Did you attend the chat?

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: