Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deirdre just taped a new DVD with Celtic Thunder  (Read 52690 times)
JEdwards
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 08:21PM »

This is exciting news! I saw Deirdre earlier this year with LoTD and she was fantastic. Can't wait to see and hear her again.
Jeannie

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 08:25AM »

She may be a member of the Celtic Thunder show but I do not think she will be lead vocalist the guys did fine without her and will do fine even if she is a member and I do not under stand why they added her to the show she may be a fine singer but these men are fantastic singers in their own right
Jeannie a Celtic Thunder Fan as Well

Jenny
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 10:39AM »

Hello there Jeanne!

Actually, Deirdre is an amazingly gifted singer and crossover artist.  Her own highly acclaimed album has earned her two awards. Sharon Browne, the producer of Celtic Thunder had originally worked with her in Celtic Woman and personally understood just how talented this lovely young lady is, which is why she added her to the mix in Toronto for the taping of Storm.  I was there for the taping and just loved her in it!  She is not the "lead" singer per sey, but does have a pivotal female role in the show.  If anything she added an element that gave the show something extra special.  She has sung with such groups as Lord of the Dance, The Celtic Tenors, The Canadian Tenors, Dionne Warwick, Air Supply.... the list is endless.  Here's a link to her Bio which I need to update as there are more to add to the list!

http://www.deirdreshannon.net/Official_Website/bio.htm

If you have ever met her, she is one of the sweetest, nicest people you would ever want to know.. as genuine as they get.  I just adore her to bits!

Hey Jeanne!  I would love to introduce you to her music... give me a shout and I'll send you something.  Once you've been bitten by the Deirdre bug, you'll never be the same.  I have known her for almost 5 years and have yet to meet anyone who doesn't totally fall in love with her.. young or old, male or female.. they all just adore her.

I'm a total "Thunderhead" too!!  I LOVE those guys and think that the combination of Deirdre and the guys makes a dynamic force!  Actually, I adore all the girls in the show.. dancers, musicians etc...  We females do tend to add a little something nice to anything don't ya think?   Tongue Wink

Peace out,
Jenny
 Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:43AM by Jenny » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 11:30AM »

We females do tend to add a little something nice to anything don't ya think?   Tongue Wink

Agreed!!!

Jeannie, here is what I was writing while Jenny was posting:

Ms. Sharon Browne is the creator and guiding hand of Celtic Thunder. And Mr. Phil Coulter's resume is second to none.

Speaking for myself I consider Ms. Browne a genius and think bringing Deirdre Shannon on board, in a supporting but apparently* significant role, will prove another example of Sharon’s brilliance.

As Deirdre writes in her OPEN LETTER of 20 October (below) …no need to worry; the boys are still all yours!!

Greetings!
After holding off from announcing anything before the DVD recording of Celtic Storm in Toronto, I can finally reveal all! What an exciting few weeks it has been.  From movie sets to one of the most giant live stages I have ever seen - it has been a blast! 

My heartfelt thanks goes out to Sharon Browne, the producer, and Phil Coulter, the musical director and composer of Storm.  They made this all possible and I feel very privileged to have been a part of such a high quality production.  I was not brand new to either Sharon or Phil.  I worked with Sharon in Celtic Woman and met with Phil a few times on the Irish music scene, but it was a real thrill to work on this for them. The cast and crew of course are second to none and it was with great joy as I watched and listened to each of them perform. Their talent and experience astounded me and I only hope that we will all work again together soon. The intensity of an experience such as this is like nothing else and I found and I have made many close friends on the production. Thank You!

To all the terrific Thunderheads out there, I really hope that you enjoy the new show.  I hope also that I add something a little different for your entertainment, however, no need to worry; the boys are still all yours!!  To my own Deirdre Shannon fans, thank you for all your tireless support over the years.  I am sorry that I could not reveal any news sooner but I suppose you are OK with this surprise.  There will be a very fine product released soon and finally you can see me on DVD!  It's been a while coming! So roll on the Thunder!!

Love,
Deirdre xxx

*I write apparently because I don’t know if the final Celtic Thunder Storm DVD cut or Deirdre’s participation with CT Storm Tour(s) is settled.
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 05:27PM »

I'm a Thunderhead now because of Deirdre, this can work both ways,

All she can do is help the boys out!

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 10:36PM »

I'm a Thunderhead now because of Deirdre, this can work both ways,

All she can do is help the boys out!

Tom

I was a thunderhead long before I knew about this but it will be better now! 

OT/ Im actually a CW lover because I saw CT on TV! lol

Gerard

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 02:04AM »

Does that mean that Celtic Thunder has recorded two new DVDs? Because yesterday, I received a mail announcing a new CD and DVD called "It's Entertainment".

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Entertainment-Celtic-Thunder/dp/B003019LWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264579287&sr=1-1

And from what I gather, Deirdre is not in there (at least, she's not mentioned in the presentation).
Jenny
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 06:11AM »

Does that mean that Celtic Thunder has recorded two new DVDs? Because yesterday, I received a mail announcing a new CD and DVD called "It's Entertainment".

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Entertainment-Celtic-Thunder/dp/B003019LWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264579287&sr=1-1

And from what I gather, Deirdre is not in there (at least, she's not mentioned in the presentation).

That's right Gerald... the show you want to watch for Deirdre is "Celtic Thunder Storm"... they filmed two shows in Toronto... That's Entertainment and Storm. She is in the latter which is due to come out sometime toward the end of this year.  Although they were filmed within a two day time period, they are not releasing them both at the same time.

Best,
Jenny
greenfire6
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 12:10PM »

Drat!

We have to wait a whole year to finally get Deirdre on DVD?  Cry  I appreciate CT inviting her on board but she could easily star in her own DVD, as far as I'm concerned. Wink

Oh well, if wait I must, wait I will!  Smiley

(chanting patience, patience, patience...)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 08:31PM »

Does anyone know if her songs with Celtic Thunder will end up on youtube so I can look it up sometime? I do want to see this and hear more Deidre. Maybe I should find her solo CD somewhere.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 09:33PM »

waiting... waiting... waiting...   Cheesy SOOOO exited about this!

Inga
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 01:56AM »

Does anyone know if her songs with Celtic Thunder will end up on youtube so I can look it up sometime? I do want to see this and hear more Deidre.

Celtic Thunder has a YouTube Channel

www.youtube.com/TheThunderTube
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 06:52PM »

Does anyone know if her songs with Celtic Thunder will end up on youtube so I can look it up sometime? I do want to see this and hear more Deidre.

Celtic Thunder has a YouTube Channel

www.youtube.com/TheThunderTube

They only put up like 3 or 4 songs from the taping!  Yet I like it because thosse boys are some candy for the eyes!  They are rediculuosly cute! ok and really good singers and quite a riot (funny!) when they get talking!Ahh I love watching them on youtube anytime i want just love youtube!  And I dont have to wait for pbs or to have the flu, inevitably the night it was showing!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Mariko
Honorary Roadie

Lisa Kelly ^_^

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2010, 10:42PM »

She will be on Storm?! Very, VERY cool!! I already own It's Entertainment (it's awesome) & I didn't see her on that one, so it would make sense that she'd be on #2. It's still VERY exciting for her & that Celtic Thunder is releasing ANOTHER dvd... woot! Yes, I am also a Thunderhead.

Thanks Evi & Alexa for my amazing banners!! Kiss
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 12:51PM »

She will be on Storm?! Very, VERY cool!! I already own It's Entertainment (it's awesome) & I didn't see her on that one, so it would make sense that she'd be on #2. It's still VERY exciting for her & that Celtic Thunder is releasing ANOTHER dvd... woot! Yes, I am also a Thunderhead.

thos guys are rediculously talented! and rediculously cute!  first they need to come to ohio 2nd! the girl singing on its entertainment is a canada local singer nemed caroline torti! she popular their!  but I ama huge fan!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: