Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WGN MidDay Fix  (Read 9625 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52PM »

Nice. I too noticed Mairead's tweet about this and wondered if there was footage.

I will admit that I wish they would do something other than Danny Boy, but nice to have something.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:58PM »

I will admit that I wish they would do something other than Danny Boy, but nice to have something.

I think, in these settings, Danny Boy comes off much better then having a background track. The girls can tune to Máiréad and go from there instead of trying to capture all the sound that's bouncing around the small, enclosed, set. Not to mention that the girls aren't always using their own equipment on these shows so again, it's probably a little easier not having to adjust to a background track.

aislin
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01PM »

I think, in these settings, Danny Boy comes off much better then having a background track. The girls can tune to Máiréad and go from there instead of trying to capture all the sound that's bouncing around the small, enclosed, set. Not to mention that the girls aren't always using their own equipment on these shows so again, it's probably a little easier not having to adjust to a background track.

aislin

Yeah, that's a good point. Didn't think of that.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03PM »

Thanks for the link!  It makes me still more excited for my show next month!  Alex's hair is a bit longer and it looks so pretty!  Lisa's is at a light brown, kind of the same color as in the very first tour.  Very nice!   Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 11:26AM »

Great find.  Now ...where did I put those concert tickets? LOL

Welcome back ladies...Danny Boy sounded great.

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 01:03PM »

Indeed.  Welcome back, CW!!  Can't wait to see you again!  Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 03:03PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ySc-gYBR4

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 03:20PM »

A discussion about this is here.  Great video!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 09:37PM »

Wow...I didn't realize how much I missed them until I watched that video.  It has been a
long few months without hearing them live.  They are beautiful as ever!  Thanks for tracking
this down for us Lindsey. 

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 01:38AM »

The girls did an a tiny interview and performed Danny Boy on WGN's MidDay Fix today. You can now watch it online here: http://www.wgntv.com/news/liveperformances/wgntv-midday-fix-celtic-woman-100509,0,3712793.story.

aislin

Wow, they look great, sound great, and are ready for the next round of cities...they are totally and completely amazing...i don't care if they were singing the Waukegan Phone book....it is THEM, a little over 48 hours ago...and we are blessed to have Aislin post this
for all of us here at C W FORUM...I cannot put it into words,,,,,knowing that they are so kind to us, their fans...how so many of us have met them, including the precious fiddler, ever in good form weaving her tapestry around them...( Yes, I know I didn't get to
meet Chloe and I do not whine about it anymore) I just appreciate her even more watching her grow and mature into the gorgeous young woman , so poised and ready to meet the press, etc. Thanks again for making my afternoon here in JAPAN totally and completely awesome...!!! Cheers, Aislin...you are the best !!!
shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 01:19PM »

Thank you Lindsey for posting and Mairead for tweeting! LOL

The girls look lovely and ready to go. I am ready to go too but have to wait till Baltimore in February! I should be really geared up by then!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 11:23AM »

I found this on the website, Celtic Woman made a TV appearance on Oct 7.

here's the link!

http://www.wgntv.com/news/liveperformances/wgntv-midday-fix-celtic-woman-100509,0,3712793.story

MaryNorth93
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 11:28AM »

Amazing! I only would wish to hear a new song to put down my curiosity  Cheesy, but it's still gorgeous! Alex's hairstyle is beautiful too  Cheesy
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 11:37AM »

yes I was hopeing for a new song too,
But they sounded wonderful!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 01:43PM »

Alex is beautiful here! (The others too  Cheesy)
Beautiful hair, a beautiful dress, and she seems much less shy than she seemed before. She has really grown in her role  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: