Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Songs From the Heart Tour Meet & Greets in Seattle  (Read 3284 times)
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« on: October 07, 2009, 12:53PM »

This posting if for everyone who would be attending the Songs From the Heart Tour next year in Seattle.

Below is my latest correspondence with Paula Nemzek of KSTC in regards to next year's tour and need for M&G. Based on her response I think we need more people to contact her and encourage her to schedule M&G this time. What do you think? I don't know what she means by disappointing but I know we CW fans really want M&Gs this time. Hopefully, the more people who contact her could help her change her mind. I've included her email address in the below email correspondence.

Email correspondence -

Hi Chuck,

I do have the new Celtic Woman special scheduled on November 30 at 8:30 pm. I have not heard anything about the concerts yet, but I assume there will be a good chance they wil return to Seattle.

As far as the meet-and-greets, we didn’t do one last time because I felt the one we did the year before that was a bit disappointing. KCTS does not control the experience, and I thought it was a bit rushed and in not a very nice atmosphere, so I decided to pass last time. Just did a Carol Burnett performance and it was kind of the same situation, so am not leaning toward any future meet-and-greets right now.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you enjoy the new concert!

Best,

Paula

Paula Nemzek| Manager of Individual Giving| 206.443.6788 TEL | 206.443.6691 FAX | pnemzek@KCTS9.org

KCTS 9
401 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109
KCTS9.org

INFORM | INVOLVE | INSPIRE

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:35 AM
To: Nemzek, Paula  pnemzek@KCTS9.org
Subject: Celtic Woman

Paula,

I am a HUGE fan of Celtic Woman. I have attended a show every time they have appeared in Seattle (last year I went to 2 of the 3 shows they had). I own every CD & DVD they have put out. I belong to the Celtic Woman Fan Forum, and each of the ladies individual fan forums. I know there is a new DVD shot at Powerscourt in Ireland currently under production in association with PBS. I have heard that PBS stations will begin broadcasting it late November 2009 during a pledge-a-thon. Has KCTS put it on their schedule yet? If yes, could you please let me know the first date it will air?

I also know there will be a new Spring 2010 tour. Will you be offering special tickets during the pledge-a-thon in conjunction with becoming a KCTS member? Do you know what the prices will be?

Last year when Celtic Woman appeared at The Paramount Theatre in Seattle there were no meet & greets like there were in the majority of the other cities on the Isle of Hope tour. I assume you know what a meet & greet is. If you don't, it is where Celtic Woman has 2 of the ladies meet & sign autographs after the show with their fans who have purchased special tickets through the local PBS station. Is there some way you could work with Celtic Woman, Ltd (Rachel Davis is the current organizer of these events for Celtic Woman) & The Paramount Theatre to have meet & greets during their Seattle appearances next year? You could then offer meet & greet tickets along with show tickets for people who would be willing to pay the extra cost to meet a couple of the ladies from Celtic Woman.

Thanks for anything you could do to make Celtic Woman next appearance in Seattle a great happening!

Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:29PM »

Thanks for doing this Chuck.  I will definately contact Paula to request
that they make M&G tickets available for this next tour.  I was so disappointed that
Seattle didn't offer that last tour.  Maybe if we all send our request something will happen
this year.  Now is the time to act. 

Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:45PM »

Chuck, I sent my email letter off to Paula asking her to consider offering M&G tickets at
the Seattle concerts.  Thanks for the information and for getting this started!   Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: