Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: when they eventually breakup....  (Read 20255 times)
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« on: July 05, 2007, 10:02AM »

with this much beauty and individual talent, it is inevitable that they will breakup..... As for me, the breakup of the BEATLES was surprising, but when CW eventually does it, it will be devastating.... these girls have captured my heart...
fireyred09
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:09AM »

Since many of us have come to love the ladies of Celtic Woman like old friends, it will definitely be hard when they decide to call it quits. They, as is so apparent, touch so many lives in incredibly wonderful ways. The most we can do is enjoy Celtic Woman while it lasts, which will hopefully be for a while.

When it is over, though, we'll still have the music to listen to and the awesome memories! And I bet that the end of CW wont necessarily mean the end of the girls' careers, especially Chloe! She's young and has so much ahead of her, as do all of them!

We shouldn't cry when CW is over, but rather, smile because we got to enjoy these wonderful ladies and all of their remarkable talents!

That being said, let's not worry about the future! No one except for CW knows when they'll be done, so keep on rockin', everyone!
ferngully
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:37AM »

actually, i wouldn't be that sad, for there are their solo albums to listen to and wait for. as a group, it would be sad to loose them but they are solo muscians in their own right and they will carry on with making music for as long as they want to. they aren't finished with the group
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:57AM »

I am going to stick with a statement I made on previous similar posts. First, they have been too successful to quit now when still on top. They need to keep going while they are hot. They can always quit when (if) people stop spending money to see their concerts. Look at it this way, they get to be successful artists in their craft, make a lot of people happy, and make themselves and their management people happy and a LOT of money. The only people who may suffer from this are their families, esp. the kids of the moms. But I have heard that Lisa's kids travel with her (at least some), so one could argue the kids are lucky to have a very unique existance, though certainly different from the norm, and are getting a head start in the music business for their potential future music careers. So really everyone wins!

But no doubt some ladies will wish to move on to other things. I see CW as being like Fleetwood Mac, who over many years replaced members, then replaced replacements. Mick Fleetwood & John McVie were the 2 'base' members there the whole time (McVie did get kicked out a time or 2 for very brief periods. But I think he was on all tours & albums.)
But CW will go on for a while, in some way. Just with maybe some different cast members.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Texas Chava

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 10:58AM »

My feeling is there's always hope.  Two of my favorite bands other than CW have broken up and come back together for tours.  Clannad (an amazing Irish band if you don't know them) has started performing live again together after an almost ten year breakup.  Also Fleetwood Mac has broken up and come together so many times....I don't know what to say.  But even when bands do break up, Moya (Clannad) has had a wonderful solo career and everytime I see Stevie Nicks solo, it  is almost as good as the whole band.  Anyway, I'm babbling but there is life after bands die!

And yes, I know that Clannad was a family, and Fleetwood Mac was a family of sorts too (marriages, etc.) and CW was formed specifically for a program...we can still hope.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:14AM by Chava » Logged

Banner by Scott
McIrish

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:46AM »

As long as they are popular here in the U.S. they will probably keep going on together.The most important factor,in my mind,is David.Yes,these Angels have done well as soloists & will continue to do well in the future.But,without David they would be without those beautiful closed harmonies & the rich background  of the chorus,orchestra,&,of course the drummers.Their uniqueness comes from David's arrangements of traditional Irish melodies & the gorgeous harmonies he provides them in "Rainbow" & "Somewhere."I think each would be successful in her own right,but not nearly as much if the family would stay together.Now to handle new babies down the line,replacements(not a good word) like Dierdre & Haley would keep the quality high,& if Orlagh was to have a baby Angel,& she should,very soon,because there is no one like her in all of Ireland,Mairead would have to play harp & fiddle at the same time!!No problem! Mc
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:48AM »

Break up?!  Bite your tongue.

Actually, each of these women are stars in their own right.  My guess is that they will tour individually and as a group.  Of course, if any one of them want a nice Irish tenor to sing duets with, call me.  Wink
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 12:55PM »

Well, watching the interview with David, from the Helix DVD in 2005, David's eyes lit when he said he hoped they would do this for a long time to come. Two years isn't a long time.
Instead of when they breakup, I'm looking forward to the next performance to top the Slane Castle one. Grin
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:57PM »

I find it ameaving that CW has only been together for 2 years. I've only known them for 7 months but even that feels long. Lets just keep enjoying them as long as we can. (Which we ALL hope is a long time!)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 02:31PM »

I think they can even continue to stick together until the very future year.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
TerryS

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 04:20PM »

You know, for me even worse that splitting is having the girls replaced over and over until none of these 5 wonderful ladies are not there anymore. I can not imagine Celtic Woman without Chloe, Lisa, Meav, Orla or Mairead... I like Hayley very much, but I often have the feeling that she does not fit in as well  as the others. I´ll bring up this in a different topic, though.

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 04:23PM »

This topic makes me sad. I know its going to happen but I am not going to think about right now.  Lets just take it one tour at a time okay?

Thanks Lindsey
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 04:36PM »

Cheer up, pal, everything's going to be OK. You'll see. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 04:37PM »

LOL Thanks!

Thanks Lindsey
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 04:50PM »

with this much beauty and individual talent, it is inevitable that they will breakup..... As for me, the breakup of the BEATLES was surprising, but when CW eventually does it, it will be devastating.... these girls have captured my heart...

They may not breakup. Look at Anuna, formed in 1987 and still going strong.  Performers are replaced as they leave.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: