Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What songs would you like to hear Meav cover?  (Read 34441 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« on: October 20, 2009, 06:13AM »

Sorry if this has already been posted.  I'm just wondering what songs you guys would like to hear Meav cover?  Smiley  I mean, she can make anything sound so beautiful!

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:42AM »

Wink I'd like to hear her cover, " The windmills of your Mind"
Round,
Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on its face
And the world is like an apple
Spinning silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind
Like a tunnel that you follow
To a tunnel of its own
Down a hollow to a cavern
Where the sun has never shone
Like a door that keeps revolving
In a half-forgotten dream
Like the ripples from a pebble
Someone tosses in a stream
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on its face
And the world is like an apple
Spinning silently in space
Keys that jingle in your pocket
Words that jangle in your head
Why did summer go so quickly?
Was it something that I said?
Lovers walk along a shore
And leave their footprints in the sand
Was the sound of distant drumming
Just the fingers of your hand?
Pictures hanging in a hallway
Or the fragment of a song
Half-remembered names and faces
but to whom do they belong?
When you knew that it was over
Were you suddenly aware
That the autumn leaves were turning
To the colour of her hair?
Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
As the images unwind

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Kelsey

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:31PM »

Hmmm...
I would definitely love to hear her in some of the new songs that Celtic Woman sings. It would be lovely to hear her sing in Oh, America with the ladies of CW.

Also, I would be thrilled if I could hear Meav sing Danny boy or Dulaman in concert another time.  I loved when she sang these two songs at the CW concerts, and when I went to their concert this past Sunday, the new versions were beautiful, too, but I missed Meav's renditions.

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00PM »

I'd love to hear Meav sing The windmills of your mind(great choice Carla!)
and perhaps Moon River!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:57PM »

I choose "I Put My Hand In There" from Hello, Dolly!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:08PM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 05:06PM »

Hmmm...
I would definitely love to hear her in some of the new songs that Celtic Woman sings. It would be lovely to hear her sing in Oh, America with the ladies of CW.

Also, I would be thrilled if I could hear Meav sing Danny boy or Dulaman in concert another time.  I loved when she sang these two songs at the CW concerts, and when I went to their concert this past Sunday, the new versions were beautiful, too, but I missed Meav's renditions.

I completely agree about wanting to hear Meav sing some of the new songs!  That would be awesome!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 11:23AM »

The Voice!!!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 05:52PM »

I would love to hear Meav sing a song called "April is in my Mistress face"
That would sound amazing!

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 09:52AM »

Hmmm...

I completely agree about wanting to hear Meav sing some of the new songs!  That would be awesome!

ME TOO!!!  I think she could sing ANY of those new IoH songs, and OMG I would love her to join CW again with the new members and sing Oh America with them!

I love both Lynn and Meav's versions of Dulaman and love both versions of Danny Boy.  I didn't know about CW when Meav was with them but I still miss her and hope she rejoins someday (and Lynn stays).

I also totally agree about Meav singing The Voice!  I WANNA HEAR THAT!!!  Smiley

And a song I would really love for Meav to cover is "Annie's Song" by John Denver.  Faryl Smith did an AWESOME job at it, and because of that, I can totally picture Meav singing it.

Frozen_Rose_of_the_Sea

"I make the angel scream, and the devil cry!"

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 06:04PM »

"Aria de Mezzo Carattere".  Roll Eyes Smiley Grin With Meav's exquisite, classical voice,....oooooh....I'd cry. Cheesy

"Don't you think that's a little harsh? Killing me because of the way I t-t-t-talk?" - Nero from "Devil May Cry 4"

"This party's gettin' crazy! Let's rock!" - Dante from "Devil May Cry 3"
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 02:03PM »

She could sing the phone book!  Grin Grin Grin

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 03:16PM »

The first two that come to mind are " I Know That My Redeemer Liveth" from Handel's Messiah and Joni Mitchell's song "Both Sides Now".

WinterLament

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 06:02PM »

there are sooooooo many songs I want Meav to cover, so I think it's best if I should't post the long list Tongue

but I would loveeee to hear Meav to sing a jazz-type of song, smoothing and relaxing jazz melody that goes well with her smooth voice... Kiss
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 06:11PM »

there are sooooooo many songs I want Meav to cover, so I think it's best if I should't post the long list Tongue

but I would loveeee to hear Meav to sing a jazz-type of song, smoothing and relaxing jazz melody that goes well with her smooth voice... Kiss
  If you own the "Christmas DVD"  then you will get a little taste of a "Jazzy" Meav.  The last song on the DVD is "Let It Snow" and it is done "big band style".  The ladies are channeling the Andrews' Sisters of old. Meav and Lisa K. did this the best.  Meav puts forth a soft.silky, smooth,sultry, sweet, and dare I say , sexy voice in her part!  It made me swoon.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

WinterLament

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 02:45PM »

If you own the "Christmas DVD"  then you will get a little taste of a "Jazzy" Meav.  The last song on the DVD is "Let It Snow" and it is done "big band style".  The ladies are channeling the Andrews' Sisters of old. Meav and Lisa K. did this the best.  Meav puts forth a soft.silky, smooth,sultry, sweet, and dare I say , sexy voice in her part!  It made me swoon.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Ahh yes I know which is why I want her to sing more Jazz songs! Grin
hmm maybe with the Divinas she'll possibly get a jazz solo  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: