Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dress Colors  (Read 1912 times)
Nuccia

« on: October 24, 2009, 04:09PM »

Ok, First off let me just say that I saw CW in concert (in Greensboro, NC) and fell even more in love with them, which I thought impossible! It was my first time seeing them, and it was more amazing than expected! The only thing I was disappointed about was the meet and greet afterward. I wasnt sure what the deal was with that, but I waited around for a long time afterward, and I gathered that you had to be a PBS contributor to be able to go to the meet and greet. Anyone have any info on that for me? Next time I go to a CW concert, I most certainly want to be able to go to the meet and greet!

Lisa was SOOOO amazing! She so beautiful and the most talented singer. To me, she has kind of grown into the guiding hand of CW. Its funny, when CW first started she was the second youngest, now I believe she is the oldest of the group (even though she is so young!) But she seems to be the leader, but in a very subtle, meek sort of way. - dont know how to describe it any better than that.

One thing that I did notice was the color of the dresses - the first set of dresses that they wore. I noticed that Alex and Lynn's dresses were two colors of the American Flag and Lisa and Chloe's dresses were two colors of the Irish flag, then Mairead's dress was the last color in both the American flag and the Irish flag. When I realized this I thought it was so cool! Their whole theme is based on America and Ireland together, so I thought this subtle tribute was so incredibly thoughtful and awesome.

Another thing I noticed is that security was not as much of an issue as it normally is. In fact, when I pulled up to the concert hall, CW's busses were right there in front of the door. The bottom of the bus was opened and I saw a huge box of baby diapers (which I assumed belonged to Lisa in case her daughter was on board. I thought that was so cool that they were right there!

Ok, in an effort to make my post even longer! Wink ...  I am studying abroad in January and I will be in Dublin. Anyone think I will actually get to see Lisa? Since I didnt get to go to the meet and greet, Im hoping I will be able to meet and greet her in Ireland. 
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 04:31PM »

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Yes all meet and greets are for ticket holders that bought them from a PBS station with meet and greet passes. If you want to meet Lisa in Dublin stack out a starbucks if they have them there since she loves starbucks.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:11PM »

Nuccia, welcome to the forum! I'm glad you enjoyed your concert.

To expand a bit on what Glen said, PBS airs CW's shows as a method of fund raising for their stations. In the months leading up to the US tours local PBSs will air the shows and sell tickets to the shows during the commercials. These tickets are usually the best in the house and go on sale before you can buy tickets from Ticketmaster. Many PBSs also host Meet & Greets after the concerts and are packaged in with concert tickets. You can either watch CW on PBS when the show is aired to find out if they're selling tickets or you can call or email them ahead of time and see if they'll let you know if CW is coming and if they'll let you at the tickets a bit early. Many of our members have tried that with varying degrees of success. M&Gs tend to sell out VERY fast and there are a limited number of tickets available per M&G so you want to buy early if you can.

As to trying to see Lisa in Dublin... Outside of M&Gs and the occasional run ins that people have with the girls around the venues there is no other to meet any member of CW.

aislin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: