Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from Jenny  (Read 9267 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: July 06, 2007, 06:50AM »

Jenny has posted the following information this morning on Deirdre's forum (http://jennyfedei.forumup.us/index.php?mforum=jennyfedei):

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that we are aware of the annoying adware invading our forum these days. Initially, when we selected this program, it was pretty much free of pop ups and invasive ads. It seems as though our sponsors have changed the status quo on us. It goes back to the old adage, "you get what you pay for", which in this case it was a freebie. As a result, Brian and I have made the decision to replace this forum with a brand new forum - 100% free of ads, spyware, pop ups, spambots etc... It will be far better than this forum and will offer extra perks such as an integrated chat room and Coppermine gallery. We are very excited about this and look forward to introducing it to everyone. We plan to launch it in late August early September and will kick it off with another "live chat" with Deirdre Shannon along with some contests and fun for everyone. We plan to advertise this everywhere and anticipate an even larger membership.

I think you will all be pleasantly surprised at what we have in store for you. If you have any posts that you want to save from this forum, we suggest that you start cutting and pasting now, as once we launch the new forum, this one will come down. Our goal is to offer fans of Deidre a safe and wonderful place to meet and exchange conversation. We look forward to introducing you to our new project soon. In the mean time, we will keep this forum open, despite the ads, and we ask that you bear with us until we can get the new forum up and running. It will take a little time to put together as it is being built from the ground floor up. We have retained the services of a lady who had had experience in building forums and did very nice job for us on the CW forum.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please keep posting. We love to hear from everyone. If you have any suggestions or ideas for the new forum and the advent of its release, please let me know.

Love, Jenny Fedei

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 12:22PM »

Sounds as if Brian and Jenny are keeping busy!  Rich, please tell them we miss them around here.  I'm glad things seem to be going well for them.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 12:44PM »

I miss them too! I had such a hard time dealing with the fact that they left so quick that CW songs were not helping me cope! Shocking i know Shocked But now i am doing fine and am glad that Rich is our Administrator!  Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks Lindsey
fireyred09
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:29PM »

But now i am doing fine and am glad that Rich is our Administrator!  Cheesy Cheesy

*Cough-kiss up-Cough*  Wink Grin
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 07:52PM »

What ads is Jenny referring to?

I have no ads or pop ups taking place.

I'm glad to hear that positive changes are in store for us all.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 08:50PM »

Live chat with Deirdre!  Shocked Shocked  Shocked
Whoa!!!

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 09:00PM »

What ads is Jenny referring to?
They're not really popups.  They're ads that are embedded in the page, but they come from a separate ad server and sometimes they take a VERY long time to load.  And the rest of the page won't load until the annoying ads finish.  Believe me, the new home will be far nicer (kinda like this one - lol).

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:23PM »

I noticed them when I clicked on the link a whole bunch of them popped up!

Thanks Lindsey
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:47PM »

*Cough-kiss up-Cough*
Kaite whats wrong with kissing up? lol

Thanks Lindsey
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 08:44AM »

Glad to hear things are going well for them, it was quite the surprise to come back online and find out they had left while I was gone.  I do miss them, but I know Rich was a great choice to take over as the admin here, he was already doing a fantastic job as a moderator! *S*

Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 03:51PM »

Rich can you tell Jenny her Forum Daughter Wickie misses her...i miss them both alot....

ohh but i love you too rich!! lol everyone is awesome on here!! Dont worry..Tad Biased Best Friendd [btw..siobhan sends love to you and the family shes busy as "you know what" with the new job]

Wickiexxx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 05:13PM »

Thanks, Wickie.  I'll make sure Boomer gets the message.  Wink

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 11:04AM »

I miss them too!  Cry

Thanks Lindsey
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 02:40PM »

But now i am doing fine and am glad that Rich is our Administrator!  Cheesy Cheesy

You mean baby sitter?Huh Cheesy

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 03:07PM »

LOL yeah babysitter!

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: