Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New article about CD and DVD  (Read 8188 times)
Palmie00

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 02:56PM »

I think I feel the same way about O, America! I LOVE pretty much anything the girls/David come up with and do, but I prefer Isle of Hope as well. In my opinion, I would have left O, America! as a single and included the new Danny Boy quadruplet arrangement Smiley

aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 03:24PM »

sorry to say this, but, to me, the cd doesn't look that exciting Undecided

I agree!
This would be the smallest CD that CW has ever released Sad !!!

Axel

i was thinking that exact same thing when i posted that comment  Cheesy but somehow i forgot to include it in my post. haha

Now it's said and written ...

... maybe there'll appear some bonus tracks like on the other CDs!

Axel

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 03:42PM »

I'm pretty sure there'll be a deluxe edititon.
Or else too many songs would be left out.

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 04:31PM »

While I wouldn't call 'O America' an absolute favorite, I like it because of the simple fact that the girls sing it from their hearts to express their appreciation in a special way for how we took them 'under our wings' so to speak and truly embraced them as a group, and it was written specifically for that purpose. That simple matter makes it a special song to me. Even if it's not necessarily an absolute favorite, it's meaningful to me because of that.  I don't see it as a patriotic song so to speak, but rather an expression of their appreciation and love for us as their fans.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
t_eric

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 05:39PM »

Yay! It is nice to know the tracklisting finally! I, for one, am extremely excited for the CD (and DVD as well of course)!!!! Grin 14 new songs that I can put on my iPod and listen to hundreds of times! Sure, there were a few songs that were left out, but maybe it was an artistic decision - maybe the tracklist and CD as a whole work better like this. I will be buying the deluxe version anyway. Cheesy My guess (and hope) is that it will include Carolina Rua, True Colors, Slumber My Darling/The Mason's Apron, and Danny Boy as the bonus tracks.

Also, of their three 'regular' DVDs (including this one), this is the shortest - 21 songs (not including the MGM encore), and 3 of them were already on TGJ CD.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 07:00PM »

Also, of their three 'regular' DVDs (including this one), this is the shortest - 21 songs (not including the MGM encore), and 3 of them were already on TGJ CD.

Which one was the other one besides Danny Boy and YRMU?
Are you counting the Mo Ghile Mear reprise?

MaryNorth93
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 01:28AM »

Hmm.. I agree with the thoughts about 'O, America' before  Smiley I don't understand it why they release it on the cd, if they already released as a video, single and do in on the dvd self.. Would have prefered one of Maíréad's solo's, (she has gotten 1 on this cd Shocked) or True colors.

Anyway, I still can't wait..   Grin
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35AM »

Yah. The tracklist is pretty dissapointing. I am excited to get it, but lets just hope there is a deluxe edition. I could care less about the new danny boy, but Carolina Rua and True Colors are what I really wanted to hear.
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 11:45AM »

I was also hopeing for True Colors and Carolina Rua on the CD. Will still get both but would like to have seen more than 14 songs on. 17 or 18 could have easilly been put on. But it still would have started up a lively discusion here.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 01:54PM »

sorry to say this, but, to me, the cd doesn't look that exciting Undecided
I agree!
This would be the smallest CD that CW has ever released Sad !!!

Axel

I'm agree. A few songs more would be better. The time on the CD is sure not used to full capacity. Maybe, is give later a deluxe version with more songs???

Udo

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 02:33PM »

Yah. The tracklist is pretty dissapointing. I am excited to get it, but lets just hope there is a deluxe edition. I could care less about the new danny boy, but Carolina Rua and True Colors are what I really wanted to hear.

Yeah it's very short for a CW CD, I hope if they have Deluxe edition they include a live version of either "The Call" or YRMU. Chances are it will be the new "Danny Boy"  Roll Eyes another nice addition would be a studio track of "Have I Told You Lately" not that I really liked that song but I know other people did.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 02:47PM »

This is the thing. I would rather have songs that have not been recorded before put on the CD before others. There are some songs from the dvd that as of right now don't look like they will be on the CD. Put new songs on the cd before putting on live versions of songs that are already recorded on other CDs. Just my two sence.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 03:45PM »

This is the thing. I would rather have songs that have not been recorded before put on the CD before others. There are some songs from the dvd that as of right now don't look like they will be on the CD. Put new songs on the cd before putting on live versions of songs that are already recorded on other CDs. Just my two sence.

I agree completely!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 04:09PM »

I know I agree with you, I already said before they should put the three excluded songs (Mairead's solo, True Colors, and Carolina Rua) and was just suggesting if they had extra room what they should include. Also it's not unusual for a single to be on an actual  album, not everybody buys digital singles.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 07:47PM »

Is that the official tracklist? or is there a possibility that it will be alittle different?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: