Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Won't Believe This!  (Read 10345 times)
unfortunatesoul

« on: July 09, 2007, 09:18AM »

I saw Chloe's house in Dublin! And I took a few pictures. I was spending some time in Dublin, Ireland with a family as part of a program that I participated in this summer and during normal conversation I mentioned Celtic Woman. At that moment my homestay mother, as she was called, told me that Chloe only lived around the corner from her! Needless to say how excited I was. My homestay mother even knew Chloe!

Like I said I took a picture of the house, but considering the face that she was touring at the time back in the U.S. obviously I didn't get to see Chloe.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:10AM by OldFatGuy » Logged
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:12AM »

And you couldn't just hang out and wait patiently?   Cheesy <lol>
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:09PM »

You know, I really feel a lot of sympathy for the ladies of Celtic Woman, and other personalities, who suddenly find themselves famous and then their fans (and others) find out where they live.

The honorable thing to do is keep quiet about it, and not reveal it to anyone.

The last thing I would do is become a "paparazzi" type, taking photos without permission.

Chloe's mother has been a well-known personality for many years in Ireland, and where they live is no secret.
But telling the world is another matter.

Yes I know, fame comes with advantages and disadvantages, some would say if you put yourself out there in the public eye, you have to consider the consequences.

But I think they and their families deserve some respect and privacy.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:03PM by Maggie » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:07PM »

That's very incredible from that early time! Smiley

Anyhow, I'm bound to proceed to welcome the unfortunatesoul to the forum. Pleasure to meet you, little pal.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Scott

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:32AM »

It's one thing to see the girls near their workplace.  It's another thing entirely to disturb them where they live.  I advise that they be left alone.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 03:00PM »

We just need to ask first and then do something else like taking pictures of Chloe and other things.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
epicwolf

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:08PM »

You know, I really feel a lot of sympathy for the ladies of Celtic Woman, and other personalities, who suddenly find themselves famous and then their fans (and others) find out where they live.

The honorable thing to do is keep quiet about it, and not reveal it to anyone.

The last thing I would do is become a "paparazzi" type, taking photos without permission.

Chloe's mother has been a well-known personality for many years in Ireland, and where they live is no secret.
But telling the world is another matter.

Yes I know, fame comes with advantages and disadvantages, some would say if you put yourself out there in the public eye, you have to consider the consequences.

But I think they and their families deserve some respect and privacy.

i kind of agree but unfortunatesoul was just so excited so he/she just took some pics. Until he/she post address and information on where the house located and even pictures of the house, i dont see anything wrong with it. unfortnatesoul was just a fan so he/she took pics of it. But I also agree that you need to asked permission first before taking pics of celebrities or their houses.

Maggie
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 07:33PM »

OK maybe you didn't know that Chloe's family has been through a lot of personal pain in the past year.
They have had more than enough reporters and photographers around their home.
The Irish media was merciless.

PLEASE, leave them alone.
CTofer

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:02PM »

I would have to agree with Maggie. Privacy is something even we as 'normal' people crave; those who are of a celebrity type status would certainly crave it that much more. As CW's fame continues to grow ever more greater, I would really encourage everyone to please guard any such sensitive information closely, should you come across it, and keep it to yourselves, for the girls' sake. I'm certain they would be enormously appreciative and grateful to you for it.

Chris
m.k.c.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:17PM »

I with Chris, Maggie, and Scott wholeheartedly. However, I think part of what epicwolf is saying, and if not something I think needs to be said, is that sometimes having one of your first posts on the forum being reacted to so negatively is really intimidating. And as someone that's had that happen I know it takes a while to get the courage to post on the forums after that. I'm sure unfortunatesoul meant no harm, and while I understand the urge to be protective, let's all remember that not everyone is used to a forum like ours where we respect the artists' right to privacy.

Anyway, have fun in Dublin unfortunatesoul, and welcome to the forum Smiley
epicwolf

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:24PM »

I with Chris, Maggie, and Scott wholeheartedly. However, I think part of what epicwolf is saying, and if not something I think needs to be said, is that sometimes having one of your first posts on the forum being reacted to so negatively is really intimidating. And as someone that's had that happen I know it takes a while to get the courage to post on the forums after that. I'm sure unfortunatesoul meant no harm, and while I understand the urge to be protective, let's all remember that not everyone is used to a forum like ours where we respect the artists' right to privacy.

Anyway, have fun in Dublin unfortunatesoul, and welcome to the forum Smiley

Yea. Thanks for understanding where Im standing on this subject. Don't get me wrong. Im not saying that we should forget about people's privacy. I don't want to be too mean to unforuntatesoul since its his/her first post and it seems like he or she was very excited to know where Chloe lives so i cut her some slack. However, having said that, I have to agree with all of you guys because privacy is always important.

Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 07:01AM »

I agree with Scott please don't go publishing things like where the girls live and so on. They have a right to a private and personal life. Lets not turn this into hollywood.That is something that is not needed.

It's one thing to see the girls near their workplace.  It's another thing entirely to disturb them where they live.  I advise that they be left alone.

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
m.k.c.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 08:31AM »

I agree with Scott please don't go publishing things like where the girls live and so on. They have a right to a private and personal life. Lets not turn this into hollywood.That is something that is not needed.

But the thing is, unfortunatesoul never said where Chloe lived, and if he/she did, Rich edited the post before anyone even read it and has probably explained everything we've said to unfortunatesoul. And epicwolf, glad we're on the same page  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:37AM by m.k.c. » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06PM »

But the thing is, unfortunatesoul never said where Chloe lived, and if he/she did, Rich edited the post before anyone even read it and has probably explained everything we've said to unfortunatesoul.
Correct on all counts.  The member, unfortunatesoul, was going to post a copy of the photo, but I edited out that part of the post and asked him/her not to.  In response to my PM, I received a very humble and sincere apology.  I wrote back explaining that it was a minor infraction, and that we choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting the girls' privacy.  Sadly, unfortunatesoul has not posted again since that date.  I can only hope that we have not made them feel unwelcome.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 06:15PM »

Thanks, Rich.  Yea, I don't think unfortunatesoul meant any harm and hopefully him/her will post again on the forum.  We definitely want them to feel welcome here.   Smiley   However, out of respect for Chloe, I'm going to lock this thread. 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: