Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle of Hope: A Second Experience~Long Beach  (Read 15452 times)
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« on: November 27, 2009, 05:28PM »

Isle of Hope Review: A Second Experience

By LL7

Long Beach, CA Nov 22nd 2009
Terrace Theater

Preparations for this show began long before November, unlike my first concert where I simply got the tickets and stuck them on my wall. Rumors of a fall tour circulated the forum. I knew not to believe them for after all they were just rumors. But hope sparked in my soul. There was a tiny possibility they were touring again. And they might come back to San Diego and there might be a M&G. And I had the means to get tickets. But I didn’t let it get the best of me…

Shortly after the rumors floated were they confirmed. FALL TOUR. 2009. I just knew if there was any way I could get my hands on this I would. I kept hoping “come back to San Diego…come back to San Diego”. Well, wishful thinking. As dates flooded in I kept looking for something in California. Baltimore…nope…Ohio…nope…and my hope began to fade. “They already came to the west coast. They probably won’t come back.” I still waited for the official release. I still prayed they would come to San Diego…

The dates were released. I tracked and scrolled. “California, where are you California?” I got to the end of the page. Low and behold the last date of the tour: Long Beach, CA. Excitement bubbled in my stomach. I looked to see the PBS station: KOCE. Orange County. I also saw Pasadena. “Ah, too far” I thought. “Long Beach it is.” I called the station. “Do you still have tickets for the Celtic Woman concert?” “Yes.” That’s all I needed to know. Well, almost. “Do you guys know if there will be a M&G?” “It’s too early to tell but if one happens we’ll send you a card in the mail.” And so I bought 2 tickets to Isle of Hope. And held on to the hope of a M&G.

Now to start getting ready I had to have a battle plan. What would I wear? What would I bring? How do I get there? Who do I bring? If there IS a M&G what do I say? What do I get signed? What is the closest Starbucks? I made a list. I was pulling out all the stops. Posters to paint and gifts galore, I had to prepare for what was in store. I collected all the thoughts in my head and wrote down on my little blue pad:
Shirt
“Speech”
Poster
Directions
Gift
Items for signing:
Poster
Picture
LKFCB
Program
ANJ DVD
Shirt
ANJ Program
Badge
Muffins

With school starting in September I got a jump on things. Certain items could be left to the day before but I wanted everything perfect. I began to tick off each thing I completed. Shirt done, poster done, great I knew who I was taking. The badge was printed and put on the shirt. I was ready to start school having gotten most everything finished.

I calmed and cooled my jets knowing the concert was still months away. Buttons came in the mail and a nice reminder from KOCE. I had heard talk of fasting before the concert. That’s a good idea I thought, I’ll do mine for a month(ish). October 1st came and I was off the forum. It wasn’t too hard; I got by without a hitch…until November 3rd. Just 2 days after the music fast (which proved far more difficult than the forum fast, for it was like being told not to think of pink elephants. Giant pink elephants floated in my head.) November 3rd, KOCE again was in my mail. “It’s just the concert tickets” I just knew they had to be. I was mildly excited. A little earlier than I expected but I didn’t mind. And there in that envelop were not only the concert tickets, but an announcement of M&G. I was in shock for I had lost all hope. I was told it was likely for there NOT to be a M&G. “BUT IT WAS THE LAST NIGHT OF THE SHOW.” I had thought to myself. I called. No answer. Celtic Thunder was sold out. “Did they mean Celtic Woman? I really hope not.” I left a message with my information. “Please call me back” I prayed. Now a certain someone just had to know, I called up Tiff and rambled on. In a message of course for so it seemed she couldn’t get to the phone to talk to me.

Not long after I felt vibrations in my pocket. “Tiff?” I thought. No, but I recognized the number. “Hello?” I answered excitedly. It was Katie Townly from KOCE. She had M&G. I started to talk very enthusiastically. She could tell I was excited. “Have you seen them before?” “Yes, they came to San Diego. I saw they were coming to Long Beach, which isn’t too far.” She then said positive things about them and that they were all a treat to meet.”You know that we won’t know who will be there until the night of.” In my head I thought “Lady you have no idea who you are talking to.” I said yes I understood and told her once again how very excited I was. As for who would be there I had no doubts in my mind about the fact that all the girls were great, but there was someone special I hoped and prayed would be there.
I was bouncing and squeaking. I couldn’t believe it, I had third row seats AND M&G tickets. My mom was on the phone. She put her lips to her fingers to tell me to be quite. So I closed my door and bounced in my chair trying to breathe…I needed air. “Okay you can come out!” I left my room and walked up to my mom’s bed. “You have 5 minutes. Go.” “I GOT M&G! I GOT M&G! I GOT M&G!”I shouted. “God she is loud.” My sister retorted. But even she couldn’t rain on my parade. I had the chance to meet Lisa and Mairead.
Tiff called back and she was the first to know. “Did you get my message? Could you understand it?” “It took about 5 times but something about tickets and a potential M&G.” “Are sitting down?” “Ya..” “I have my tickets. They are amazing. And I have M&G.” We squealed with joy and gabbed for a bit. She reminded me to stake out the nearest Starbucks, and so on. Then she had to go, for homework was calling. I then popped on the computer and posted my news. I was a bubble ready to burst. Then I did something unplanned, it was only because of the M&G. I hit the chat to inform anyone in there of my great news straight from my finger tips. Then I was off. I slowly came down from my excitement. I had 2 weeks to figure out what to say…

The morning of the concert I woke to see the clock read 6:20am. I flopped my head on the pillow. Great, my body still thought 6 was 7. I stayed in bed as long as I could and then got breakfast. I then packed and packed and packed. For just a day trip I was bringing tons of stuff. I then loaded the car up. It took many trips and I doubled and triple checked I had everything. When all was said and done, I was ready an hour early. I got to Bree’s house and off we went. Shooting Silly Talk periodically throughout the trip, there were many laughs on the way up. Being direction impaired it was only a matter of time until we got lost. Well I missed the exit to the street we needed to get onto. So I got back on and turned around. Still confused after getting off, we passed California State University Long Beach. So I pull in their thinking we went the wrong way. Well after winding through the school, stopping and calling my mom for directions, we got out of the school and on the right street only to find we were going the wrong way on the correct street. Well we go to make a u-turn and what should be on the street to the left of us but the entrance to Cal Long Beach. We had made a giant circle. Eventually we got into downtown and were almost to the hotel. Once on the street it came so fast that I whizzed by it. “Whoops.” So we made a much smaller circle and got into our hotel. Once in our room, it finally hit me. What I had been planning for months was a reality. I was in Long Beach. I was seeing Celtic Woman that night. And it blew me away.

Well Bree was ready for lunch so we decided to go to the pub the Auld Dubliner. It was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic Irish pub. The food was good, and the barman was extremely friendly. I could see why the girls would hang out at a place like this. It so happened that a rugby game was on the TV above us. Well who should be singing at the game but our own Hayley. (New Zeeland was playing England for those interested). We finished the food and then headed off to find the theater. I wanted to know exactly where it was. Took some time but in the end we did find it. With beautiful fountains and a giant Performing Arts Center at the top of the building it was hard to miss, but I was looking for Terrace Theater. Bree was dying for Starbucks not unlike my favorite Celtic Woman. So off we went to find it, going down the wrong way (again) then turning around to find that it closed at noon.

So back to the hotel we went to get ready for the concert. Once primed and ready to go we went back to the Dubliner for some Sheppard’s pie before the concert. Unfortunately, my nerves were getting the best of me and I didn’t eat much. We then went to the parking garage (we had parked their early and walked to the Dubliner) to get the many items from the car and headed to the theater. Needless to say I got quite a few looks because on my left should was a giant white teddy bear. We squished into the elevator to get to the 1st floor. I got asked “Is that bear for one of the singers?” “No Einstein, I just felt like bringing this giant bear to the concert for kicks.” “It’s for all of them.” Ascending the stairs I noticed how very dressed up everyone was. My jeans and sneakers seemed very out of place. In addition to the posters, bear, and bright yellow shirt. But I was on a mission. The girls would know I was there! Waiting for the theater to open, I got many looks and comments on the bear. And one question about the poster, “I saw your poster and I was curious does LK stand for Lisa Kelly?” “Yes it does.” I replied. The doors opened and we walked inside. Tables were all over the lobby and we snagged one, covering the entire surface with our belongings. Not long after one of the security guards came up and asked to take the bear to the girls. I would have loved to give it to them myself but that wasn’t practical. “Sure, can you tell them that it’s from LL7?” He nodded, although I wasn’t too sure he would.
While waiting to hear the chimes, I had my eyes peeled for anyone from the forum. No sight of them, just the usual AARP group. Well they were a lovely bunch and I chatted with a few of them. I was able to tell one couple about my Mairead story and they seemed to get a kick out of it. Then it was time to head in. The lady wanted my ticket stub. But I couldn’t find it. “Where’s my ticket stub?” It was the story of my life. I set everything I had down and rummaged through until I remembered that I had put it in my wallet for safe keeping. As we went in the woman checking the stubs said “You can’t hold the posters up.” WHAT? “You can’t hold them above your head or they will be taken.” Oh okay, I wasn’t planning on it anyway. But I took note and did not once hold it above my head.

Entering the theater my excitement bubbled yet again. We went to door 12 that was the highest number, although it looked like there were many more because of mirrors. We were close to the stage. Very close. I saw row 3 “Oh this is us.” “No, C is up here.” “Ohhhhhhhhhhh” 3rd row was really 6th row. We took our seats and put all our stuff down. With all our belonging at our feet we ended up making a road block. Every few minutes I would pick up my poster and backpack and set it on my lap. I sat in 3 and Bree sat in 4. Then I saw that the man sitting in front of me was rather tall. I swayed this way and that way realizing he was going to block part of the stage. “Let’s switch seats, I can see through this window between them. I was very fortunate to have people who wouldn’t throw a hissy fit over my extra enthusiasm. They asked questions and I was able to answer them. The very lovely gentleman who sat next to me had gone to Pasadena the night before. He seemed rather amused at my youthful excitement. David’s voice came on, and over head the lights dimmed and the show started.

Thrill bubbled in my stomach as the stage filled with light fog. Mairead’s silhouette appeared at the back of the stage. Cheers and applauds spurred from the crowd. Chloe’s voice filled the hall. And the bass kicked in, the music crescendoed and the girls appeared to more cheers. And it began, there was Lisa leading the pack looking ever gorgeous in that orange gown. Intensity filled her eyes as she stepped forward. She sang her first notes and with her so did I. She saw me and my sign. WE HAVE CONTACT! They were not the only ones performing that evening. It blew me away just how good they were live. And I knew they would be amazing. Yet, the girls were able to exceed my expectations to heights I had never seen. The first half of the song they seemed to survey the crowd. It wasn’t long until they all saw me and my poster. Looks were sent my way. They knew I was here. SDS came to a close and the music went through me, vibrating through my ribs, yes I was shown once again just how good their sound was. It didn’t hurt that we were located next to a group of speakers. All throughout the show the girl’s hair was blown by fans. No doubt to keep them cool but it was a nice effect.

As each song began it was a matter of seconds until I knew which one it was. As I figured it out I leaned and whispered to Bree very quietly “Fields of Gold.” Well maybe not so quietly. It came out more as squeaks “Fields of Gold!” It was a favorite Lisa solo of mine and I had been waiting months to hear it again. And how lovely it was. Lisa and the rest of the girls were in top form for the final show of Isle of Hope. She hit her high notes effortlessly and was enjoying the fact that I didn’t need binoculars to see her this time. Now I had planned on doing an S O but Lisa bowed and was off the stage before I could even get to my feet. “Okay I guess I will have to wait until The Voice.” Coasts of Galicia was a new side of Mairead I hadn’t seen. (Her dress was my absolute favorite from the first half) They style of the song was very different then what I was used to hearing. I watched as she ran around the stage, ever more glad I didn’t have to follow her in binoculars. She toyed and flirted with the band as she always did, I was eager to see what she would do next. With the conclusion of Coasts of Galicia, it was time for a favorite of mine. Lynn glided out in her stunning red dress (I loved this one from the first act as well) and she sang Dulaman. As I sang along in my own butchered Irish, I swore she raised an eyebrow at me as if to say, “Oh you’re singing in Irish, eh”. Lynn took her bows and I racked my brain for what song was next. The second the violin plucking began I scrambled for my other poster. “Orinoco Flow, Orinoco Flow!” And I held up my sign—Do The Wave! For seasoned forum members you all know that I am referring to the move in which the girls do the ‘Orinoco Wave’. Chloe saw the sign and immediately beamed and nodded her head. I bounced the sign back and forth and reveled in a great Celtic Woman standard. And as the song got the part I prepared myself. I did the wave a little early but what was the harm in extra waves. As the chorus sang “carry me from the waves” I mimicked what they did. And with “we can sail with the Orinoco Flow.” I had never been prouder to show off my skills as a Celtic Woman veteran. And by this time I had gotten so many smiles from Chloe that I had lost track. They all looked my way, and I knew that they were putting on a show for me.

Bree’s highlight came in the form of True Colors a song she knew while I did not. “I can sing along to this one!” She exclaimed. That put a smile on my face. As listened I had fresh ears to Alex’s voice. As she moved and sway to the music I felt myself sway a little this way and a little that way. Now When You Believe was Chloe’s first solo. I had been busy listening to her sing it on one of her first albums. What a difference a few years make. That night Chloe was a powerhouse. Bree commented “Opera status.” She certainly was. However I never considered it like that at all. The girls were simply talented. With the end of When You Believe, it was time for the title song Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears. I hoped that going in I would remember all they lyrics. It was a new song that I didn’t know amazingly well. But low and behold somehow I managed to keep with them. The groups numbers seemed to exceptionally good, the chemistry between them clear as the lights that were a show in of themselves. There were moments when I looked at the lights, moments when I was in awe, moments when everything just blew my mind, and moments when I looked at Bree as I performed with the girls.

The Blessing brought forth Lisa again and I was anxious to hear this one. For it was the song that could move me to tears and it nearly did, but I managed not let the weight in my stomach get the best of me. About half way through the song I remembered that I had been practicing it myself and as the pianist played I finger along in the air in front of me. As Lisa sang she placed her hand on her abdomen. I was reminded of how she had done that when was pregnant with Ellie and there was an extra amount of gleam in my smile. I made sure to clap extra hard at the conclusion of the great song. Once Lisa finished Bree said, “Caitlin I have to pee, can I go yet?” I heard the chimes that preceded Granuaile’s Dance. “No, no you CAN’T miss this one!” Painstakingly she replied “Okay…” This was to be a highlight of the night for me. The song that started it all. My favorite Mairead solo. She started to play and while there were no lyrics that didn’t stop me from humming the melody. The gentleman next to me gave a slight chuckle that I was this determined to perform with the girls. As she ran around the stage Mairead captivated me like she had so many months ago. Soon it came to my favorite part of the song. “It’s my favorite part, it’s my favorite part!” I squealed yet again at Bree. And Mairead moved to the band, right where we were sitting and she leaned in toward the audience and gave the biggest grin right to me. After clapping and bouncing to this high energy song I was grateful to have a breather. Goodnight My Angel was just what I needed. And what a gorgeous song it was. I was content to just rest my arm in the seat and absorb the heavenly voices. I continued relaxing with Danny Boy however I was able to sing along to this one for I heard the new arrangement several times. The key to this song was not to sing to loud for there were times when I singing and Bree thought “That’s not them.”
As I heard the chorus begin the first notes of Mo Ghile Mar I knew the first act was coming to a close. That didn’t stop me from bouncing in my seat yet again and chanting “Mo Ghile Mar, Mo Ghile Mar, Mo Ghile Mar” I was especially amped because I knew this was a song where the girls would let loose. And they did. I danced and sang, getting more and more smiles and looks. One of those looks came from Lisa “Oh you’re singing the choir part too.” And when the drum solo came I was a cannon ready to fire. I air drummed the duel and got so into it that by the end of the song the guy a few seats down from me held up a hand for a high five. A great end to a great first half.

During intermission I called Tiff to give her an update on the concert. It was as close as we could get to her actually being there. I also met up with Kasey (Antiup) and we were able to chat for a bit. I almost did a Mel maneuver for second row seats just over from ours bad have Kasey and Juan sit where we were but they were good. I was curious to see how the girls would react when they would look to find I had pulled the infamous Mel maneuver. I also met Rachel who was able to spot me by my yellow shirt. I knew that it would come in handy. I also made note to touch the stage a couple times and the light as well. Bree came back from the bathroom. “You missed Mo Ghile Mar!” “Sorry I had to pee!” “Well don’t let The Call drums scare you.” “They won’t.” As intermission finished the lights dimmed again.

Another great ensemble song I thought to myself. The Call literally opened with a bang as the drums were pounded. And the girls did the “bird” as I like to call it; I did it myself as well.  I moved and grooved, for me the night couldn’t get much better. I wore myself out after the first song and was glad to just chill to the lovely Lynn with Carolina Rua. “Catchy” as Bree called it (so catchy that when we got back to the hotel it was still running through my head.) and Alex with You’ll be in My Heart. Alex’s version had definitely grown on me since I had first heard it and I always liked when the music swelled and her voice rose. With Last Rose of Summer I knew we were coming to the cool down period of the concert before the big finale. I knew when that would roll around I would have no inhibitions (as if I had any to start). Last Rose of Summer is not a friend to my laptop. Hearing it live was so refreshing and I was glad that the high notes didn’t hurt my ears. It is definitely one of the prettiest songs that Chloe and Lynn perform. Mairead came out with her solo of Last Rose Fantasia, a great segway into Nella Fantasia. Chloe and her last solo were brilliant as well. I again had to work on the lyrics for it had been a long time since I had last heard the song. Chloe’s growth could not have been more apparent than in this song. Her depth and warmth enriched the song as I could never imagine. After she finished that song she blew a big kiss to the audience. She couldn’t have been more adorable. As the next song starts up I bounced again in my seat for what seemed the thousandth time. It was one of my absolute favorite songs At the Ceili. I was ready to perform right with them once again. However I had some trouble with the lyrics for the arrangement with the concert was different than the one I was used to. But that didn’t stop me. I picked it right up. As did the skirt moves I saw Lisa look right at me and smile. “You know all the moves don’t you?” I gave a nod of my head yup and kept on going. Mairead had the best face at the end of the son. After everyone was paired up she had the look of “I don’t get a boy!” I also saw Lisa with the base player and I’m I thought to myself “Hey Lisa don’t forget about Scott.”  At the end of the song I jumped up right away and clapped I was ready to just hand out S Os. They certainly earned it. That was when I defiantly kicked the cheering up a notch.

Shenandoah/Contraction was Mairead’s final solo. Two great pieces of polar opposites. I reveled in the beauty of her violin playing and danced to her fiddle. During the contradiction the crowd clapped however, not very well. They were so out of time that I gave up trying to clap along and just played air bodhran. When Mairead let off one of her cheers that was my cue to send one out too. Balancing with Contradiction was the ever pop song Have I Told You Lately. While I didn’t know this song, it seemed these girls could do no wrong. As they sang “have I told you lately that I love you” I thought to myself no you haven’t but now you are. And it warmed my soul. Lisa’s final solo The Voice, came as always with me bouncing. This song sung live still sounds just like the CD. But better. With these girls everything is better live. At the middle of the song I came into conflict with singing along and drumming because doing both was proving difficult. Although I was late to the arm raise at the end I still managed to get them up in time and mimicked Lisa’s hip swivel. I gave an S O from there on to the rest of the show. I was pumped and ready to go. And they saw and knew that too. I had Lisa on my side most of the finale and as I sang along with them there was that knowing smile “Of course you know all the moves and when to clap” Then the moment of moments it was time for Chloe’s speech. That gave me a chance to cheer and they couldn’t leave because the number was done. While it did make it hard for Chloe to deliver her speech, I was assured by Bree that they weren’t annoyed but flattered. She made her usual statement of wanting to stay here in California to which I yelled “STAY STAY”.

Then Chloe introduced Oh America! I had that down near memorized too. And as they sang, well let’s just Lisa gave the look “this isn’t new to you either” and I told Bree to get ready to hold hands and she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. So I was like I’ll let you know. Well I kinda forgot that they raise their hands first and so I got to raise my hand and Bree grabs it. “NO NOT YET! I HAVE TO RAISE IT FIRST.” And then it came I grabbed her hand and we held it high and they saw. The all smiled. We all sat down after giving yet another S O, and You Raise Me Up begins to play. It is my absolute favorite song and I was ready to here live again. Now I have this thing with how Lisa sings her first part. On the greatest journey version she takes the note and kinda tapers off, she did the same at the SDSU show. But I had hope that she would sing it like she did in ANJ. And she did she went up and up and up and my soul soared with her voice. At the big crescendo of the song I thought it was a perfect time to bring my poster up again. However it was very dark and I just wanted to get it up. Well all of a sudden I am met with the smiling extra big. I look at Lisa, “You got your sign upside down” Her ability to communicate without words was amazing to me. “What?” And I look. “Oh” I rolled my eyes and flipped the sign over. Well it made them laugh. And Bree too, she laughed at me the most. But what was I to expect, I did well up until then. The song came to a close but didn’t seem to end I was ready to clap and asked “Can we clap yet?” Well the gentleman next to me heard because I heard a last snicker come from him. Mairead had gotten the crowd excited for Spanish Lady by having a little Mo Ghile Mar reprise. When the girls came out to sing some more the audience was on its feet. And I was finally able to move as freely as them. Poor Bree couldn’t because her sweater was too bulky. I waved my arms back and forth with the girls never taking my eyes off Lisa. She her last looks at me as the show came to its conclusion. Then the last song of the night came. It was of course time for the shoulder shrug. And when Lisa and Chloe did their shoulder brush, I brushed Bree’s should at the same time. Lisa saw that we were all doing it at the same time in perfect sink and lit up. And as they were saying they’re thank yous and good byes Chloe looked right at me and said “Thank You!” And as Lisa said her thank you and turned to leave I yelled “LOVE YOU LISA”, just as I had at my first concert. I think she heard me this time.  Grin

M&G time! As we stood and stretched after the big finale, the guy (I’ll assume Mitch from reading Scott’s review) from Celtic Woman Ltd. said “We actually are in this row.”However, I heard him, I hadn’t even picked up my road block when when_rain_falls, and Rachel (iluvcelticwoman) come up to me. During intermission I found Kasey and Rachel, well they found me because of my bright yellow shirt. We chatted a bit and took some pictures. Every time I said “Say Mo Ghile Mear!” Although it really didn’t catch on. So we collected all our stuff. I wasn’t sure what to do with Bree because I had only bought one M&G ticket. I thought we could figure it out when we got to that point. So Mitch was still asking for names. I raised my hand in the air and said, “Ooooo me I have one, hi, ya” He asked, “Name?” And I told him my name, spelling it out because no one can seem to get it right. “Who is your guest?” The question caught me off guard. I turned and pointed to Bree. He then said to go to the other side of the theater. I gathered everything and we walked, Bree was asking about her being a guest at the M&G. I put my finger to my lips. “Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don’t know what’s going on but I’m not going to question it!” We were then taken to the elevator. “You guys take the elevator, and I’ll be up with the next group. Wait for me there.” At this point Rachel, Bree and I were chatting. Lucky Rachel had been given a M&G pass that night. I love when things work out like that. When everyone was there we walked down the hall and were told to line up on the window. I was kinda near the front and Claire came out and announced that it would be…….”Lisa, Lisa, please say Lisa!” Lynn and Chloe. “Awww darn! Well that’s okay, Chloe had been amazing with me during the show” MISSION LISA would have to wait until the next tour.

Claire then began handing out photos to everyone. As she got to me I said, “I don’t need one. I have my own.” And I bent down to my backpack to get it out. She gave me a strange look but moved on to everyone else. I wanted to get the photo that Lisa had given me signed. As we were standing in line I realized that this would be the order we would be seeing the girls. I took Bree and Rachel to the back of the line. Who should be there but Kasey and Juan. They had a big present for Chloe and Lynn. Well and the rest of the girls too. I then looked to see the table with chairs. I assumed that we would be going in a room. Nope, the girls would be right there in the hall. “They’re going to be there?” “Yes” “Right there?” “Yes” “Right-Right there?” “Yes” “Okay wow” Kasey told us about the present and we accidentally bumped into the champagne that they had brought for the last night of the tour. “Now why didn’t I think of that?” And the girls came out. I cheered along with the rest of the crowd just as I had done during the show. Being at the end of the line meant that I could move to the middle of the hall to see them. I think I hopped a bit too but they were greeting the people at the front of the line. Kasey said that it was a small M&G. That was good for us because it meant that time wasn’t a huge issue. I began getting everything ready. I took out the paper with what I wanted to say. I knew I was not going to remember all the people I had to say hi for. Apparently I had too much stuff because every few minutes something would fall on the ground. I would give an exasperated sigh and pick it up. We moved closer. I could hear bits and pieces of conversation. But only Chloe for her voice was the most audible. “Hi , I’m Chloe.” And with people she had met before, “Oh HI! How are you? Good to see you.” And she would get up each time and give out a hug. Kasey seemed really anxious to give the girls their stuff so we let him go ahead of us. When Chloe was shown the present she exclaimed, “OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!” Kasey explained the gift and soon Chloe burst out “I’m taking this home!” She then hid it behind the table. Poor Lynn was oblivious because she was talking to someone but eventually Chloe showed her. When Kasey offered the girls the beverages, he mentioned it being cheap CVS alcohol to which Chloe replied “Uh, we’re Irish. We’ll drink it!” At this point I was shocked. Everything she said was adorably funny. I was then yet again with Claire. It would soon be my turn to chat with Chloe and Lynn.

Now to this point I had been experiencing many emotions. Hunger, for I hadn’t eaten a very good dinner (I attempted to eat some crackers throughout the concert but that proved difficult), nausea because I was rather nervous and I also had to pee. I forgot to during intermission. I also remembered to not have sweaty hands. When I checked them, well I was wiping them profusely on my pants. But I got to the table and it all melted away. I got my most important part out, the present for Lisa. I handed it to Claire. “Can you give this to Lisa?” She took it. “From?” “LL7” I looked anxiously at Claire as she did some thinking. She ended up writing Lisa on the top corner. I then laid everything down for signing. It was a relief to no longer have to hold it all. Claire then was to write my name on the photo. “To?” “Caitlin, C-A-I-T-L-I-N” as quickly as I always do. Then I added “The Irish spelling.” My nerves had made me a little conceited it seemed. I got the paper ready and stepped in front of Chloe. She held out her hand. “Hi, I’m Chloe.” And my mind just emptied. “Say your name, say your name!” “Hi, I’m Caitlin” After that Chloe was on a roll and I sort of spaced out. “Okay good you’re talking, now I can get my thoughts together.” I was brought back when she said “You had a ball didn’t you?” I gave a small smile and replied sheepishly “Ya, just a bit.” She then asked, “Was this your first concert?” I was taken back that she was asking me all the questions but I think she could tell I was new at this. “No,” I said, “I went to the one in San Diego, where it was freezing and then you said ‘Thanks for coming out on such a cold night’ and I was like ‘It’s cold?’ Oh, ya. I had my giant fuzzy sweater on.” Great I just said fuzzy. Well at least I was actually conversing with her. I was also slightly distracted by the fact that she had everything in front of her. I was curious to know what she was writing. What a horrible time for ADD to act up. I also told her I had literally been saving my pennies to go to the concert. She giggled again. I then remembered the paper. “Oh, ya I got stuff to tell you.” She looked a little surprised at my sudden outburst. I had the paper out and read off the list. “Linde from the Netherlands, BrianH, Hannah, Josh Groban plays drums, maverick, Guardian of the rose, Kevin R.I., uh Lisa and Helen fanatic, Cindy, Rich and Scott say hi.” As I went through the list Chloe gave a bewildered nod. And I took a breath after motoring it all off. “Good thing you wrote it down.” “Ya,” I nodded my head. I believe she was signing the poster that I had held upside down. “The clovers are really good.” I gave another sheepish “Thank you” At that point I kinda zoned out again. Then Chloe said something about Sea World. No wait that was after I said I was from San Diego. Well anyway at some point I heard “Sea World”. I thought “Hey Lisa has been there.” “Yes Sea World is awesome! And the Zoo!” She giggled. I loved her giggle. Now I’m pretty sure this was where she said, “I was wondering if you guys were going to be at the M&G.” “Really?” “We asked the guys if the girls in the lobby were going to be there.” I was completely taken aback. It then occurred to me that Chloe had pulled some strings.

Soon we were wrapping up. Bree was right next to me. “Show her your shirt Caitlin.” As I turned around she brushed my hair off my back. “Wow, that’s really cool!” And I beamed. I loved how she said cool. “Oh you probably want Lisa to sign it. “ “You can sign it too!” And I gave a nervous laugh. We knew we were almost done. “Oh, can you say hi to Lisa for me?” She gave me a very focused nod. “Oh I will.” She said it very reassuringly. We then slid the stuff down to Lynn. She held out her hand. “Hi, I’m Lynn” “Hi, I’m Caitlin” And my mind went blank again. Unfortunately, Lynn was much more reserved than Chloe and it took a couple of seconds for me to realize that neither of us was saying anything. “Aw crud. I did so well with before. Chloe talked me all out!” Then I remembered that I had prepared for this. I had my paper out and said “Oh ya okay so CarolinaRua says hi.” I think I had forgotten them accidentally when I read off the list. I wasn’t sure I could do it again. Lynn gave a small smile and a nod. I went on. “Hi, I’m Caitlin.” “You ninny, she already knows that, you don’t have to say it twice.” “But I go by LL7 on the forum. I was nervous when I heard Dulaman live for the first time. First cause it was live and second because I was used to listening to Meav’s version. No worries you did a great job.” She gave another nod and quietly said thank you. Lynn was very tired at this M&G for when Bree was talking to her she said, “So this is your last night? You guys must be tired.” And Lynn replied “Yes, exhausted!” She signed my things. I gave a last smile and plopped everything down on the bench beside the table. I then remembered “Whoops, I forgot something.” I had left my water in front of Chloe. I tried to discreetly grab it, don’t know how good a job I did. Most of the night I had been wondering where Rachel was. Well as I was over near Chloe I could see her in the green room through the door.  I held up my hand and waved it “Hi, Rachel” She probably thought I was a nut. They all must have, but I was a happy nut. It then so happened to work out that we were able to half circle with the girls. Well, Chloe was such a chatter box she was more than happy to keep going with us. She asked our ages and we were all about her age. “Ya, I just turn 20 myself. It’s such a great age.” She didn’t seem 20 to me. Chloe has such maturity beyond her years. I didn’t catch part of the conversation, I zoned out yet again, but I do remember Chloe saying something about PJs. I thought it was really cute that she said that. We could feel it time to go when Chloe pops up out of her seat. “Okay hugs everyone!” I was delighted. I didn’t even have to ask, not that it had crossed my mind at the time. I got a warm hug from Chloe. And then Lynn was standing and giving out her hugs. “Oh, yes Lynn.” I immediately scrambled over to give her a hug. I felt I didn’t do as good a job with her. She smiled and I smiled back. “Pleasure to meet you.” And we waved them off. I bid goodbye to Rachel and began to get the posters. I tried to see what they had written but it wasn’t until I got home that I would get a really good look. The poor guy that worked at the theater had to wait while I got everything packed. I apologized but he said “It’s okay.” And we left to get the car. I was the last to leave that wonderful hall. We bumped into Rachel again and giggled our way back to the cars. It was the perfect night. I thought to myself “Lisa still evaded me!” Well it meant that I would just have to try again at the next show if they came back to San Diego…

Here is what was signed on each item:

Lynn: Peace and Love Lynn on the posters and photo and program

Chloe: On the photo she had put, All my love Chloe. I knew that was different because normally she signed Love always Chloe. She had forgotten to sign the ANJ program but I didn’t blame her, there was a ton of stuff and she had already signed it before. On the upside down poster With all my love Chloe. And now the biggest treat, on the IoH poster that I had gotten at my first concert, Thanks for all the fun! All my love Chloe.

(Here I kinda copy Scott):

My favorite moment: Tie between my giant smile from Mairead during Granuaile’s Dance, Chloe’s thank you to me at the end of the show, and at the end of You Raise Me Up when I had the sign upside down.
Favorite Song: Couldn’t pick but ones that make my list include SDS, FOG(obviously) OF, GD, WYB, The Call, At the Ceili, Mo Ghile Mear, The Voice, and of course The Finale! (Okay so like every song made the list)

Favorite M&G: Well seeing as I only went to one the one with Lynn and Chloe

Favorite Show: Well Long Beach dur! 3rd row makes such a difference. M&G didn’t hurt either.

Favorite Total Experience: Seeing our girls faces light up on stage. They truly love what they do.

I now take the time to thank Bree for going with me. She couldn’t have helped me make it any better. May 7th next right?

Although referred to as stage entertainers *cough* Scott *cough* they are so much more. These girls really are special.

Chloe and Lynn-Thanks so much for making my first M&G so special.

Mairead and Alex- You guys rocked the house!

And to Lisa- Thank You for more smiles than I could ever imagine.

To all the wonderful CW ladies Thank You so much for making this the best night of my life!  

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:24PM by lisalover7 » Logged

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 05:29PM »

Sry guys It's really long!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 06:35PM »

YAY YAY YAY!!!! ITS UP!!!!  Cheesy

Now I get to read it!  Cheesy

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 06:42PM »

Wow! *jaw drops off*

Now, I have to turn on some CW music and read it!

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 06:43PM »

Wow....I am just completely speechless!!! i actually cried, giggled, and laughed at some point while reading this!! i am NOT a cryer!! i didn't even cry during Kristine and Katharine's (CWLisaFan and Katharine...if you didn't know) review!! and they mentioned me!!! Lisa knew me!!! she remembered my name!! but i didn't cry!! lol...but i completely laughed outloud when your friend, Bree, got into the M&G haha sneaky....lucky!! lol (fyi...just throwing this in here so i don't forget...i am SO reading this multiple times....just b/c it is a great review!!!)

Poor Lynn....she had to have been exhausted!!! Chloe seemed spunky, as usual!!! haha i am so excited for you that you got to meet them!!!

I'll prob comment on it more after i read it again haha but for now....that's all i can think of lol but trust...there will be more!!

Long awaited...and very much worth the wait!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Dayna!!

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Chris

Why do they speak so selfishly?

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 06:54PM »

YOU GOT TO HUG CHLOE AND LYNN?! So jealous. But Awesome! Glad you had such a good time.

Loud voices raised in anger, speak harsh words, such cruel words.
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 07:10PM »

WOW!!!! Just...wow! Even though you had told me most of this already, there was stil a LOT of suprises and I'm so glad you had such an amazing time!!! How incredibly perfect that at the pub Hayley was singing on the TV!  Awesome, awesome review!  Kiss

As Dayna said, this makes you laugh, makes you cry, and most of all, makes ya wish you were at a concert! I definitely will read this again. Grin

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 07:12PM »

WOW! Shocked

dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 07:17PM »

and most of all, makes ya wish you were at a concert!

Oh yes Tiff!!!!!! I HAVE to go to another one!!! soon!!! hahaha

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Gambit

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 10:22PM »

Awesome review!

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 10:44PM »

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR DOING THAT FOR ME, CAITLIN!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE FANTASTIC!!! Shocked

AND SO IS MISS AGNEW!!!
  Cheesy

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 12:36AM »

yay i am mentioned a lot, lol!! loved the review!!!

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 11:25AM »

Wow, Caitlin!  This was an awesome review!!!!  It really sounds like you had the most amazing time (as I know you did-who wouldn't at a CW concert?!!?!?!  Cheesy Cheesy)

I love reading these reviews!!!  It makes me so happy and takes me back to my concert!!!!!  Again, awesome awesome review!  I really hope "Mission Lisa" works for you next year!!!!!   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Kyradriel

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 05:06PM »

Totally entertaining review. I wish I could have been there with you, but I doubt I could afford to come all the way from Michigan, lol.

juanb690

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 12:28PM »

wow!...i am so happy i didnt go into a coma after reading this..im just kidding, thanks for the honorable mention...kasey and i were pretty dumbfounded when talking to the ladies, well at least i was, i cant really say too much for him...Chloe was awesome and i wish she would have opened up her gift that i got her, but its ok, im sure ill hear about it somewhere....awesome review btw

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: