Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Des Moore and his Beautiful Guitar  (Read 7552 times)
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« on: July 10, 2007, 08:32PM »

I would like to say a "thank you" to Des Moore, whose guitar playing was enchanting throughout the show, and particularly on "Nella Fantasia" with Chloe.  He gave his all on that guitar solo, and it was one of those unexpected moments that moved me and brought tears to my eyes. 

The connection he and Chloe had was (for lack of a better word), really neat, and I loved it when she blew him a kiss at the end of the song. 

Des, you made my day brighter when I was going through a hard time, and again, I thank you.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:49AM »

I would also love to thank Des. He plays with his heart, and you can tell. I had the honour of seeing him perfom his solo in Nelle Fantasia, 3 times and each time... blew me away! He does such a great job. It actually reminds me of Italy ( his solo in nelle fantasia ).

<3 Lauren

<3
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:38AM »

Well said, Mary and Lauren.  He's yet another person that makes Celtic Woman better.  Thank you Des!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:44PM »

This is a very welcome thread! Des plays his guitar the way that Lisa sings. There are very few acoustic guitarists that I enjoy listening to, and Des is at the top of a very short list for me!

fireyred09
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 04:34AM »

Des is such a talented guy. I couldn't see him up close at the concert, but in the DVD, he looks like he's completely overjoyed to be playing! He's talented player with a talented group--a perfect match!

Thanks, Des!!!
mainopsman

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:03AM »

I have seen him in "The Best of River Dance" DVD as part of the band, he also soloed for part of a number.  He is a very accomplished and talented musician.   Sitting close to the stage, you can see the expressions on his face as he plays, he truely love doing it.  I think all of our ladies love him too.   The entire group who made it for the tour, are turely outstanding.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 11:45AM »

Hmm....I think to suppose he's got a good talent for the tour. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: