Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs you'd like to hear Alex cover.  (Read 38885 times)
StrawberryAvalanche96
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 06:44PM »

Well, I think someone might have brought up this topic before, but just in case, I'll bring it up again! Cheesy

So, I think a good social conversation would be, what good songs would be for Alex to sing? She has a wonderful voice and can pull anything off!

I think maybe "I dreamed a dream" but it's not all that up lifting like most of theirs songs. I mainly like the chorus. But just imagine, Alex and her wonderful voice, she could really put that off!

Any other songs? (i know there lots more, but my brain is dead!)

Alex would be PERFECT for I dreamed a Dream! That'd be awesome!

"My Heart will Go On' would be pretty too.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 08:49AM »

Well, I think someone might have brought up this topic before, but just in case, I'll bring it up again! Cheesy

So, I think a good social conversation would be, what good songs would be for Alex to sing? She has a wonderful voice and can pull anything off!

I think maybe "I dreamed a dream" but it's not all that up lifting like most of theirs songs. I mainly like the chorus. But just imagine, Alex and her wonderful voice, she could really put that off!

I agree that "My Heart Will Go On" would be a PERFECT song for Alex! She not only has the voice for it but the stage training to really sell it.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Kakiya

Alex Sharpe has taught me so much as a performer

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 10:39AM »

I agree that "My Heart Will Go On" would be a PERFECT song for Alex! She not only has the voice for it but the stage training to really sell it.

Zee

Thats also a super great song! I aree with Zee!

*phone rings* OH! Hold on that's me! *checks phone* OH MY GOD! UMBRIDGE STOP TEXTING ME! ~AVPS (Harry Potter fans) (:

"What did you just say Potter?" "Professor Snape, sir.....I said, YOUR MOM!"
CelticCate

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 03:40PM »

you are loved (don't give up) by josh groban
lullaby for a stormy night
what if by kate winslet
my destiny by katharine mcphee
damaged by plumb
1000 stars
no difference by everything but the girl
the rock by mackenzie phillips (from the tv show so weird)

IMG_1373.JPG
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 03:44PM »

you are loved (don't give up) by josh groban
lullaby for a stormy night
what if by kate winslet
my destiny by katharine mcphee
damaged by plumb
1000 stars
no difference by everything but the girl
the rock by mackenzie phillips (from the tv show so weird)

I love the first song...

In her eyes- josh groban
because you loved me- Celine Dion
My heart will go on

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 10:49PM »

In her eyes- josh groban
My heart will go on

Alex would do an AMAZING job singing these songs!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 05:26PM »

In her eyes- josh groban
My heart will go on

Alex would do an AMAZING job singing these songs!!!!

YEEES!!!!!

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 08:10AM »

Cheesy I agree with everyone saying, "My Heart Will go ON" perhaps she will do it , if we all send automatic vibes and e s p
    to David...
    One of our little girls here suddenly became ill with menningitis on Memorial Day week -end several years ago and
    passed away...it tore the community up, but no one more than her parents. Her dad wanted to show her respect
    and love, so we made a little Memory Window to her here with a Model of the Titanic. a Beautiful framed
    Photo selection, her dressed in a Kimono, and the letter her first grade teacher wrote about her, AND the picutres
    from the movie, "TITANIC"  Bliss Nicole had just learned to read at 8 years of age...it had taken a while for her to catch
    on, but once she did ( and there is a story about how her dad helped with that skill that i almost sent to READER's
    Digest...) all she wanted to do was read about the TITANIC...asked her DAD about Jack and ROSE constantly, and he
    visted the websites with her patiently explaining all the facts about the story and the movie...SO at her funeral
   in our largest Chapel, which was packed to overflowing  "MY HEART WILL GO ON"  was played before the service to
   to this most awe-struck assemblage of people..like one minute you have a happy little, bouncy girl, and then
   this strikes......Later, her dad and i discussed  that all her questions and learning about the Titantic was like a
   foreshadowing.. It was Ironic, that when her stateside service was held, in Louisiana, in Cajan country, that her teacher
  a Chaplains wife lived only 35 miles away and was able to attend.!! Every year now, A solid, sterling Silver medal
  is given to the first grader who makes the most progress in reading...donated by Sgt Scott and his wife. we have a
 little memory story time about her, and have planted a Cherry Tree in her honor...So her little heart will go on here
 defintely....( and yet some parents were against her memory corner-said they didn't want their kids to think about death)
 So in keeping with the thread YES, Alex can do this incredible Song and do it so beautifully with all the meaning it
 entails for the oringial people lost and for others like Bliss Nicole..
Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Nessa

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 01:18AM »

A song i think Alex would do wonderfully in is "When you say nothing at all" by Allison Krauss

such a beautiful song and alex would be awesome singing it!

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 06:41PM »

A song i think Alex would do wonderfully in is "When you say nothing at all" by Allison Krauss

such a beautiful song and alex would be awesome singing it!

Good one! I love that song.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 12:50AM »

You Raise Me Up (Solo) ; I dreamed a dream (Les Misérables)

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 12:54AM »

Since the announcement of the new album (Lullaby) I was reading the details and saw that "Baby Mine" from Dumbo was going to be on it....Cheesy ....ever since then, I can't get Alex's voice, singing that song, out of my head! Grin The more I "listen" to it, the more I want her to ACTUALLY record it! Grin Roll Eyes

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

megmarieswirlloveschocolate

ALEX AND MAIREAD!!!! <3<3<3

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 05:10PM »

I'd like to hear her sing Cad E Sin Don Te Sin

Megan ^^ ALEX AND MAIREAD!!!! ORLAAAA!!!!!!

Thanks Rachel girl!!!!!!!!:-* Awesome avatar Hayley Kiss !!!
celticartzyangel
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 10:37PM »

mmm! lessee!
I'd LOVE for her to do...
Adounai - Avalon
El Shaddai - Amy Grant
Reflection - Mulan
In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina Mcbride
Concrete Angel - "
Amazing Grace - (Chris Tomlin's version!)
I'm Not that Girl/Defying Gravity/Emerald City/For Good (last 2 with either Lisa or Lynn!!!) from Wicked
On My Own - Les Miserables
Don't Say Goodbye - Skillet (now nobody jump on me with this one! I totally think Alex would actually work wonderfully with this song, if it was arranged right!)
Beautiful Beautiful/ Free to be Me - Francesca Battistelli
Fix You or Chances
Fields of Gold!!
You're Beautiful - Phil Wickham
Through Heaven's Eyes - Prince Of Egypt
You Know Better than I - Joseph, King of Dreams
Love Of My Life - Jim Brickman/Michael W. Smith
MaryNorth93
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 05:32AM »

Reflection - Mulan

Don't Say Goodbye - Skillet (now nobody jump on me with this one! I totally think Alex would actually work wonderfully with this song, if it was arranged right!)

Through Heaven's Eyes - Prince Of Egypt
You Know Better than I - Joseph, King of Dreams

A Skillet song, why not? (Lol, I'm not biased at all  Roll Eyes.. Skillet rocks!!!!  Grin Grin) Great suggestions!

I think she could do a great job on a lot Cara Dillon songs, such as Never In a Millon Years, The Verdant Braes of Skreen and Spencer The Rover.. Alex her range would be perfect for it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: