Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tip on Graphics  (Read 30474 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: July 16, 2007, 11:53AM »

Just a little tip on resizing images:

You may or may not have heard the phrase "aspect ratio."  Simply stated, the aspect ratio of an image is its displayed width divided by its height, usually separated by a colon or the letter x;  e.g. 4:3 or 1024 x 768.  Many people fail to consider the aspect ratio of an image when they resize it for the Web.  As a result, people in the images wind up looking like aliens; nine feet tall and pencil thin, or very short and thick.  Most graphics applications include an option for maintaining the aspect ratio of the original when resizing an image.  If you have a large graphic, up in the 2048 x 1536 range, and you want to shrink it down so it's viewable without scroll bars, make sure that option is checked.  Then, if you set the width to 640, the height will automatically scale down to 480.  This will remove the guesswork and prevent you from posting a distorted photo.  (If your graphics editor does not include such an option, try to make sure you reduce both the height and the width by the same ratio; if you cut the height in half, do the same with the width.)

Incidentally - 640 x 480 is a good size for posting on the Web.  Most browser displays these days are 1024 x 768 or larger, so this size will display clearly without introducing scroll bars.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
orlafan007

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 06:23PM »

Hi, I was the only media representative at the June 3rd concert in Orlando and did get a few usable photos that I'd be happy to share here if I understood how to do it?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 06:44PM »

This thread (click here) should tell you all you need to know.  Good luck.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:16PM »

Why, geez! That must be a very interesting link. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 12:33PM »

Dum dum dum.... Wink I'll check it out, might come in handy sometimes Wink

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 04:38PM »

I feel so charmed to see those good graphics.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
albopooh

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 06:34AM »

Thanks for the information!
binti

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 05:37PM »

To be able to use photos of CW in graphics, do you have to "snag" it from DVD or TV or can any of their photos from their programs or website be used?

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 05:52PM »

You can try to find the links that say Celtic Woman.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
IluvMeav25

They're beautiful!

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 03:22PM »

I am so confused! I redid some pictures and I would love to post them but I cant figure out how! Could someone please help me.

I Love Celtic Woman from Past to Present
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 03:36PM »

I am so confused! I redid some pictures and I would love to post them but I cant figure out how! Could someone please help me.
http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=188.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: