Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birthday Surprise  (Read 7682 times)
KiernanKate
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:19AM »

Okay am I just over reacting or do I have justification for being upset about this ..... someone is posting on Orlaghs forum about the birthday project Jenny is making for her..

I thought it was supposed to be a surprise... but as soon as Orlagh logs into her forum she will know now....
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18AM »

The people who are coordinating the project originally posted on a few of the forums to get participation, back in May.  Maybe they're hoping that she only reads the "Orla Q & A"  and the "Letters to Orla" sections?  Or maybe the surprise is what the actual project is.  Another project was done like this for her last year (though I'm not sure the exact details of either project).  I suspect "surprise" isn't the right word.  I'm sure whatever Jenny and George come up with will be very touching to Órlagh.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
KiernanKate
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:23AM »

Okay well if you put it that way Kelli ... lol I will calm down now and give him a break.

Thanks Kelli
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:01PM »

Wink  You're looking out for Órlagh...and you and I agree on how incredibly wonderful she is!!!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
KiernanKate
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02PM »

lol of course... Id have to be living under a rock to not realize how much of a diamond in the rough Orlagh is.

And actually, you know how Ive been talking about taking up the fiddle..... Im actually changing my mind... Im going for the irish harp now.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31PM »

Yay!  I've always been in love with the harp.  I think it's a tough instrument to learn, but soooo worth it, in my opinion.  If you ever need any help (well, help that I could give!) just let me know!

KiernanKate
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 12:33PM »

thanks!!! I will definitely hold you to that..... I would still like to try the fiddle but with my leg, knee and ankle problems always coming up unexpectedly.... I think its safer to try the harp.... you dont have to stand while you play do you
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 12:42PM »

No, you definitely don't have to stand while playing harp.  As a matter of fact, Órlagh is only the second person I've seen standing and playing at the same time. (the other person is Deborah Henson-Conant who straps a much smaller harp to herself so she can move around and dance...definitely a talented harpist, though in a much different genre to Órlagh).  I wonder if Órlagh stands because those performing gowns don't really lend themselves to sitting down and a harp  Cheesy

I recently took my portable DVD player and ANJ DVD to my harp lesson.  I wanted to have my teacher watch Órlagh playing Carrickfergus.  My teacher went to Juilliard and is a classical harpist.  Apparently there is a bit of disconnect in the harping world between classical and celtic (much like the disconnect between violinists and fiddlers).  I was oddly proud when my harp teacher was very impressed with Órlagh's hand positioning and technique on the harp.   Grin

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:06PM »

Yay Harpists Cheesy I have never tried the harp standing and I think it would be just a tad hard!

If you want to discuss it more, Erin, you should stop by the Harp thread in General Discussion . . . dunno what page it's got to now!

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
KiernanKate
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 10:12PM »

thanks Siobhan, I just might have to.... I know nothing about harps .... except what Orlagh has said on her forum about the differences between Classical harps and Irish harps.
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 02:38PM »

Erin,
it wasn't me was it?? cause i might've accidently slipped it in the welcome back...
sometimes my mind doesn't work when i post

wickiexx
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:41PM by Baby Wickiexx » Logged

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
KiernanKate
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 02:39PM »

what, was it you who posted in the Orlagh forum about her birthday project ..... no you didnt start it.
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 02:42PM »

Okie...i did the welcome back thing

i dont think i said anything

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
KiernanKate
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 02:43PM »

I dont think so.... and now that Kelli calmed me down about it..... if she finds out she has something come oh well.....

It will just leave Orlagh guessing what it is!...lol so it would still be a surprise
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: