Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 686171 times)
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 02:33PM »

Its cold here in Atlanta.  Cold and windy! May snow later this week!

I've got the gas fireplace on!  Its warm inside at least

I hope it doesn't snow in Atlanta! I have to go down there this weekend for my Uncle's surprise birthday. I'd rather not get stuck in traffic, lol.

Maggie
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 04:00PM »

Chilly Florida!

There is ice on the oranges.
Our heat has been on for the last few days.
We have to cover all the tropical plants and trees, and bring those in pots into the garage.

It is currently 47F and will be dropping to 27F tonight, but with wind chill it will feel like 17F.
It is sunny with blue skies during the day, but the tourists on TV News are "shocked"....they didn't know it could be this cold in FL. Maybe they thought Mickey Mouse could fix it. Cheesy

It's nice to get some use out of our warm clothes, kind of justifies keeping sweaters etc.

I have a meeting at Church tonight so I'll have the heater on in the car, and a cup of Barry's waiting when I get home.
O'Malley doesn't seem to mind the cold......his ancestors were from County Kerry. He gets very lively when I put his leash on.

Fancy cold orange juice?

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 04:23PM »

For the past few years, we have had very good decembers. In fact, I think I made a post last year, or the year before, about seeing a robin near Christmas. Was very strange. But the little knucklehead flew into the glass front door instaed of just hopping into the nearby shrubs as I walked by. It wasnt hurt bad, in fact if simply turned and flew right by me! But the weather was very mild for december. Then we seemed to get a lot of smow in February, almost like compensating for not getting it evened out over the winter months. I am hoping Feb isnt too bad this year, as I will be headed north to Erie to see a certain group perform.

But this year, our December....WOW! Its not as bad as many of you, but we still got a decent amount of snow, esp. when considering the previous years of light winter weather in December. PLus its cold and windy. BUT, I also saw my first robins of 2010! Right on New Years Day! Birds must be confused. Why arent they flying south? BUt they both flew upward as I walked by. I once heard thats a sign of good luck. How the first robins you see of a year fly is how the year will go for you. So if that old legend is true, then I am in for a good year.  or maybe just a strange one, as robins shouldnt even be around until April.   Undecided

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 05:54PM »

It's going to be 34 degrees tonight....in MIAMI!  Shocked This is huge for us.

It's also a big deal to have a WHOLE WEEK'S worth of cold temperatures. Usually when we get cold weather, it will last one or two days and then go back to the heat again. To have consistently cold temps for a full week is very rare for us.

I am LOVING it.  Grin I hate the heat!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
YoungTwins

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 07:39PM »

This week's forecast is 70-75 degrees and sunny. Gotta love the beach cities of Southern California! We went to school for a year in Boston, so we have a heightened appreciation of our own weather :-)

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 07:58PM »

Shucks, it will only be 71 tomorrow

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 09:10PM »

Here they are predicting [ANOTHER/i]Snowstorm

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14PM »

Hard freeze in Texas this coming weekend.  At least we don't have rain coming at the same time.  I remember the last time we iced over badly down here.  It was almost comical.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 09:16PM »

BASC FACTS aare there is a foot of snow already on the gground with another half a foot to come

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 09:54PM »

Something tells me it's going to be a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG winter!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 10:00PM »

its plenty long already. I just hope we dont get sealed shut in our house

gcerny12

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 09:39AM »

Call it reverse homesickness or whatever but I miss Alaska right about this time of year every year. I'm in SE New Mexico where it can and has gotten really cold at times, like below 0 cold. I just have a problem, after living in Alaska for 4 years, with it being 65 one day and 30 the next day with snow. I thought winter was supposed to be a constant thing not up and down. I want my true winter!!! So maybe I am crazy, who knows. the swing in temps I mentioned are for today and tommorrow and Friday.

My alter-ego when not listening to or watching CW. 
By Joe Palomine
clarumley

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 11:03AM »

It was 9 degrees this morning in northeast MS! That's just wrong!!
Maggie
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 12:02PM »

It's going to be 34 degrees tonight....in MIAMI!  Shocked This is huge for us.
It's also a big deal to have a WHOLE WEEK'S worth of cold temperatures. Usually when we get cold weather, it will last one or two days and then go back to the heat again. To have consistently cold temps for a full week is very rare for us.

Yes, record freeze down here in Central Florida....we had to go around the yard covering up our plants.

There was a dove ice-skating on our birdbath this morning. He finally broke through and got a drink.

Now....tell us again about that Global Warming..... Undecided
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 12:58PM »

Yes, record freeze down here in Central Florida....we had to go around the yard covering up our plants.
There was a dove ice-skating on our birdbath this morning. He finally broke through and got a drink.
Now....tell us again about that Global Warming..... Undecided
First, everyone hold your breath to help out with that there CO2 build-up!!  Wink 

Accu-Weather thinks that there may be snow flying around in JAX, ORL, Daytona Beach tomorrow and/or Friday.  We've had about 6" here, but about 15 miles NE of me nearer Lake Ontario several communities got >60" - on the level with no drifts.  And, there were drifts in places up to 8-10 FEET!
Supposed to be below zero for overnight lows here this weekend. 

Not much better anyplace else in the northern hemisphere.  Some long range forecast models have much colder than normal weather lasting into April!  Maybe it'll snow in Chicago for ForumFest 2010!  Wink Grin  Some of coldest seasonal weather in over 20 years.
Gotta love winter!

Brad T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: