Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE PIRATE QUEEN  (Read 19147 times)
Maggie
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 10:10AM »

Maggie,

This is a little off topic, but Bernadette Flynn-O'Kane from Lord of the Dance is from Nenagh. Do you know any of her relatives?

Bernadette is an amazing dancer!
Her parents have a Pub there, but I don't think they are originally from Tipperary.
I don't know them personally.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 06:29PM »

actually granuile is pronounced gran - why -- ele!  And I think the person who is grania who is being fitted is Kathy Voytko!  Wow thats funny her name is mentioned in this forum!  And I also heard but couldn't find though, Alex SHrape!  She was in the Chicago progduction and got pulled into cw b4 she was going to go to NY! But I didn't find anything!  Great article though! Very interesting!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
worldtraveler

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 03:53PM »

Last week, I started reading Ireland's Pirate Queen: The True Story of Grace O'Malley by Anne Chambers.  So far, it's been a fascinating read; I'm definitely learning a lot about Granuaile and the history of Ireland that I probably wouldn't have learned otherwise.  I've also heard a feature film about Granuaile has been planned, which makes me wonder when it'll start production.  I'd definitely go see it!
Buddingactress

Currently in Heaven listening to Celtic Woman 24/7

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 08:40PM »

Stephanie J Block (or SJB, as fans call her) is one of my favorite musical theatre actresses! I never got to see Pirate Queen, but I bought the CD, and it sounds amazing!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: