Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosemary Collier on Cor: Traditional Irish Songs For Chorus CD  (Read 6759 times)
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« on: January 21, 2010, 06:29PM »

The Topic Thread, entitled Favorite Choir Member, got me thinking about Rosemary Collier, who is one of my favorite choir members.  Besides being gorgeous and talented, she always seems to be having a marvelous time.  So, while pondering, I was scanning the internet for any recordings Rosemary may have done, or been involved with (other than CW).  Somewhat by accident, I found Cor: Traditional Irish Songs For Chorus by Celtic Ayres.  This CD, which seemed to have a fairly limited release, includes a number of familiar Celtic songs in both English and Gaelic.  More importantly, it lists Rosemary Collier as a Soprano/Soloist.  (BTW, Meav is also listed as a Soprano.)  I listened to several of the teaser tracks, and it sounds pretty good.  So, I bought one of the few available copies from one of Amazon's affiliates; can't wait for it to arrive.

Is anyone familiar with this CD or Celtic Ayres?  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:52PM by bobh56 » Logged
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:37PM »

Bob ... do you happen to have the link for this? I'd like to take a look/listen myself.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:24PM »

Sure, here's 2 links:

This one's for Arsis Audio, which issued the CD - it has the best description:

http://www.arsisaudio.com/CD140N.html

This is the Amazon product listing - it has the track sound bites:

http://www.amazon.com/C%C3%B3r-Traditional-Irish-Songs-Chorus/dp/B0006SSOXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264306517&sr=1-1
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:33AM »

Thanks for the links. I may look into this a bit more. Also, for the record, Andrew Nangle is listed here too, as one of the Tenors.

Oh and, Denise Kelly on harp. Didn't she have something to do with Orla's learning harp?

... Bill
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:34AM by CWFan2 » Logged

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:16PM »

which songs feature Rosemary as a soloist?

bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:09PM »

Sorry to say I don't know.  The material with the CD doesn't identify the soloists by song.  And, I've only heard Rosemary in the Aontas Choir, so I don't know her voice well enough to tell when she's performing solo on the CD.  (I can, however, pick out Meav on some of the songs.)  Perhaps another Forumite may be able to help out with this.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: