Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The hardest thing I'll ever have to do... <3  (Read 37947 times)
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« on: July 24, 2007, 06:31PM »

*sigh* Okay here's la deal. I've had a sore throat for the longest time, I can't even remember cuando it started. And it seems like its just getting worse... I went to the doctors *two weeks ago* and was perscribed a medicine... which i took half way to the doctors orders lol I hate taking medecine... so meh. Now its my throat and my nose. I'm pretty positive it is because of my singing, I think I am straining my voice from singing so much. It's just so hard not to. For me to listen to a song... and not sing to it... it's like torture. I need your guys help. Music is my happiness and If I can't sing, I don't think I should have the temptation of listening to music lingering. So I need your help to keep my spirit up. Not singing/ listening to muisc is going to be really tough for me.

Thanks for listening.

<3 Lauren

<3
Scott

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:36PM »

We'll keep your spirits up Lauren.... and I sincerely hope you'll eventually be able to sing better than ever.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:38PM »

Hang in there Lauren.  I know how tough it is.  Try not to talk if you can help it also and drink lots of water.

Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:39PM »

Awww...Hope you feel better, Lauren.  I know it'll be hard to keep from singing, but hang in there.  In the long run, it's for the best.  We'll keep your spirits up. 

xx
Coleen

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 06:41PM »

Hey, I know its hard but you need to rest your voice. My friend is losing her voice too. I hope you feel better!

Hugs Lauren!

Thanks Lindsey
Texas Chava

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:42PM »

Just do like Milli Vanilli Lauren.  They actually got a Grammy for lipsinking.

How long do you have to refrain from singing?  We'll back you up Lauren and hopefully in no time flat, you throat will be fine and you can sing again.

Banner by Scott
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 06:42PM »

Lauren:  hang in there, I do hope the doc can help.  In a very ironic way, it's a little encouraging that it's gone to your nose, which more than likely means that once you get over this nasty bug you will be up and singing again in no time.  

In the meantime, what about instrumental music?  If you have Mairead's cd, that's a great one, if you don't, let me know.    Smiley

God Bless, and I hope your voice is feeling better really soon.  (For heavens sake, DON'T try singing "Solveig's Song"   Grin I tried that one and that high note is a killer!)

Hugs,

Mary (willow)

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 06:43PM »

Not being able to do what you love most is hard. Just be careful because if you do sing while your voice is recovering, you could do a lot of damage. And then you wouldn't be able to sing again, at least not at the level you're used to.  Sad

But with some TLC, it should be back in shape before too long and you'll be able to sing again. I'm not a professional but that's what I've gathered from other people who've had voice problems. Just take care so you don't do permanent damage and you'll be a songbird again soon.

Chris

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:45PM »

Just do like Milli Vanilli Lauren.  They actually got a Grammy for lipsinking.

How long do you have to refrain from singing?  We'll back you up Lauren and hopefully in no time flat, you throat will be fine and you can sing again.

lol lip-synching is no fun! and regarding how long... until im better. Smiley

Thanks everyone so much you are all the sweetest things. Smiley I knew you guys would bring a smile to my face. Thank you!

<3 Lauren

<3
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 06:47PM »

Lauren:  hang in there, I do hope the doc can help.  In a very ironic way, it's a little encouraging that it's gone to your nose, which more than likely means that once you get over this nasty bug you will be up and singing again in no time.  

In the meantime, what about instrumental music?  If you have Mairead's cd, that's a great one, if you don't, let me know.    Smiley

God Bless, and I hope your voice is feeling better really soon.  (For heavens sake, DON'T try singing "Solveig's Song"   Grin I tried that one and that high note is a killer!)

Hugs,

Mary (willow)

Aw Mary! You're so sweet and funny! hehe I'll do my best to stay away from Solveig's song lol
And yes I have Mairead's cd! That should help me through this... and Meesa as well has sent me a few lovely songs.

Hugs!

<3 Lauren

<3
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:49PM »

Not being able to do what you love most is hard. Just be careful because if you do sing while your voice is recovering, you could do a lot of damage. And then you wouldn't be able to sing again, at least not at the level you're used to.  Sad

But with some TLC, it should be back in shape before too long and you'll be able to sing again. I'm not a professional but that's what I've gathered from other people who've had voice problems. Just take care so you don't do permanent damage and you'll be a songbird again soon.

Chris

True that.  and Thank you Chris. Your advice is of great help!

<3 Lauren

<3
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 06:49PM »

man, that's the worst.  i have noticed that i sing so much it happens to me too.  especially when i'm trying to hit the high notes (nella fantasia i will conquer you!) but just think....take meds, can sing!  Smiley

leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 06:50PM »

Best of luck in getting well and singing again soon.  Take care of yourself

fireyred09
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 07:08PM »

Katie, I'm here for you always. No matter what.

Right back at ya, babe. 100%.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 08:04PM »

Hey, Lauren!  Sit down and shut up!!

Just teasin', sweetie.  You know I love you!  Hang in there, kiddo.  Rest those pipes, and you'll be singin' like a birdie again in no time.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: