Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The hardest thing I'll ever have to do... <3  (Read 38169 times)
JEdwards
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49PM »

OMG, Lauren, I can't believe your throat is still bothering you. How awful for you, and how awful that you can't sing (awful for your You Tube  fans, too, don't you know  Undecided) Please take care of yourself, follow your doctor's orders, and know that your WHOLE CW forum family luvs  ya'  and is behind you 100%

Hugs to the Max,

John
Truffle Fairy

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 09:44PM »

I love to sing too, I can't stop myself when I listen to music. I can see how hard that would be especially if you actually have a really great voice!
But I have an idea - listen to instrumentals! Cheesy 
I love to listen to jazz, and I pretend that I'm playing the piano as I melt into the notes.......ahhhhh. It's as good as singing along!  Wink

~Jess
James
Total Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 10:05PM »

Hey Lauren!

When you told me what had happened I was saddened by the fact that you have to go throught this  Sad. It is a very hard thing to do considering you love singing. As Chris says earlier not doing what you love to do is hard and that is true..I gave up hockey Cry...all becuz I broke my ribs..twice. As I told you earlier I am dedicating my 500th post to you as a Hero Member (haha!!!). I wrote something...LOL!...for you and it is a bit of non sense but I hope it'll cheer you up other wise  Grin

I'm sorry you had to go through this
Singing is a perfect bliss,
But sometimes it can be a pain
your voice becomes so strain.
Take it easy for now,
later you can give a Yeow!
Don't worry everything will be fine
sooner or later your voice will be a divine.
Lisa says "Keep the flame and still believe"
That icky pain will leave!
Hayley wants you to try Parsely,sage, rose mary, and thyme instead,
But Orla says "I'd rather beg for bread"
Meav says try taking Dulaman from Beyond the Sea,
but seriously I recommend a hot cup of tea.
Chloe agress and says "soon you can Sing Out!"
Mairead does her thing and says "No doubt!"
This has got to be the cheesiet poem ever,
but hey it is a bit clever.

-James Grin
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am not a very good writer.. Cheesy Cheesy Grin

fireyred09
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 10:36PM »

James, that was adorable  Cheesy
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 01:42AM »

HaHa!  James, I love the poem!

Lauren...give yourself a big ole squeeze and tell yourself it's from me!  And if you can't sing and shouldn't talk you are more than welcome to send me an email!  LOL  I promise I'll respond  Wink

Take care of you, Méav would say it too!  (LOL, my extremely lame rhyming)

Love,
Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40AM »

I'm sorry you had to go through this
Singing is a perfect bliss,
But sometimes it can be a pain
your voice becomes so strain.
Take it easy for now,
later you can give a Yeow!
Don't worry everything will be fine
sooner or later your voice will be a divine.
Lisa says "Keep the flame and still believe"
That icky pain will leave!
Hayley wants you to try Parsely,sage, rose mary, and thyme instead,
But Orla says "I'd rather beg for bread"
Meav says try taking Dulaman from Beyond the Sea,
but seriously I recommend a hot cup of tea.
Chloe agress and says "soon you can Sing Out!"
Mairead does her thing and says "No doubt!"
This has got to be the cheesiet poem ever,
but hey it is a bit clever.

Oh my gosh James... That poem is so touching! It had me in tears! Thank you so much! That really cheered me up!!!

To know that all of you are here for me and really care means so much.

John...now about the whole "youtube fan" thing ... one word... hah! But thanks John you are ameaving!

Kelli! You sweety! I'll be sure to send you an email!

And thanks everyone.. Ill be sure to stick to those instrumentals!

<3 <3 <3 Lauren  Smiley

<3
Maggie
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 11:41AM »

Oh Lauren! My heart and prayers are with you.....mega-hugs!

Hang in there and do as the doctor says.

In 1995 I had to have the left lobe of my thyroid removed.....suspected cancer, which turned out to be something else TG).

Just before the surgery, the Navy surgeon told me there was a slight chance I would never speak again!!!!!! I wanted to jump off the gurney and run!
He explained the incision would be very close to the vocal chord and in any case, I would not be able to speak for several days afterwards.
I cannot tell you how much joy I felt a couple of days later, when an angel in the form of a Navy corpsman who looked just like Shaquille O'Neal, smiled and spoke to me very gently, and I hear my own croaky voice answer him.......

Anyway, your dilemma reminded me of this lovely tune......just listen, don't sing......let the words wrap around you........I'm sure you will be able to join in very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlrwgYN4f0

The clips in Enya's video are of various news items of that time....Kuwait was freed from Saddam Hussein, a veteran watches a Spitfire at the 50th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain....the British hostage John McCarthy and Irish hostage Brian Keenan were released from Terrorists......

And here's another beautiful version, by a boy's choir in the English Countryside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lk7O4QOgNg

By the way, the gate they go around during the rain sequence is specially designed so that humans can get through but not animals....it keeps the sheep in their field.
Then they head for another gate outside the old Church. This is a Saxon Lychgate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lych_gate

So there....you learned a little history too!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:12PM by Maggie » Logged
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 11:45AM »

Lauren,

Anytime you can't do something you love doing, it is hard. Actually, resting your voice is probably the best thing for it right now. Chris is right, trying to push it is going to damage it. Losing your voice totally is a nightmare for a perfomer ! So hang in there. You might try gargling with warm salt water and drink lots of tea with honey and lemon. It helps.

Hope your back in full voice soon.

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 12:09PM »

Sounds to me like a bad infection. I had one for over a month that clogged my entire respiratory system! But just singing a lot can't hurt you. I've been singing opera since I was 8 and I'm still going strong. However, if you sing improperly, like Yulia Volkova, then you could strain your voice in no time. I suggest resting it until you feel better, then some voice therapy to gain it back slowly. Throat Coat helps too. And if you're convinced that it is the singing, you can take lessons to learn how to sing so that you don't hurt your voice. It is possible, even when singing arias and coloraturas for years and years! I know my 8 years may not be much, but look at Beverly Sills. She sang the most difficult coloraturas her whole life and never broke a cord.

For now, listening to music can actually help, and I know you can resist the urge to sing along. Just imagine that you're on stage singing with them. That's what I do when I'm sick.

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
KiernanKate
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 12:19PM »

Lauren the last time I had to take a break from singing I played piano almost constantly.... do you know any instruments....
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 12:50PM »

Yeah playing the piano is like singing, at least to me it is. That's another thing I do when I can't sing, if I have enough strength to get out of bed.

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18PM »

If you can't sing because of the strain, can you play the tin whistle?  Play the Piano? anything that allows you to express your music without using your voice.

When I get that sick, I grab a hot toddy <G> and then go to bed.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 07:15PM »

Oh Lauren! My heart and prayers are with you.....mega-hugs!

Hang in there and do as the doctor says.

In 1995 I had to have the left lobe of my thyroid removed.....suspected cancer, which turned out to be something else TG).

Just before the surgery, the Navy surgeon told me there was a slight chance I would never speak again!!!!!! I wanted to jump off the gurney and run!
He explained the incision would be very close to the vocal chord and in any case, I would not be able to speak for several days afterwards.
I cannot tell you how much joy I felt a couple of days later, when an angel in the form of a Navy corpsman who looked just like Shaquille O'Neal, smiled and spoke to me very gently, and I hear my own croaky voice answer him.......

Anyway, your dilemma reminded me of this lovely tune......just listen, don't sing......let the words wrap around you........I'm sure you will be able to join in very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlrwgYN4f0

The clips in Enya's video are of various news items of that time....Kuwait was freed from Saddam Hussein, a veteran watches a Spitfire at the 50th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain....the British hostage John McCarthy and Irish hostage Brian Keenan were released from Terrorists......

And here's another beautiful version, by a boy's choir in the English Countryside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lk7O4QOgNg

By the way, the gate they go around during the rain sequence is specially designed so that humans can get through but not animals....it keeps the sheep in their field.
Then they head for another gate outside the old Church. This is a Saxon Lychgate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lych_gate

So there....you learned a little history too!

Thank you Maggie. *hugs*  And I'm so glad you were able to speak again, wouldn't have wanted to miss that Irish accent and amazingly uplifting and spirited personality when we met!  You truely are a very caring and thoughtful person! I want to thank you for all of the postings you've made on Ireland. I really enjoy them to the fullest! and about the videos.... How appropriate.. How can I keep from singing! I think that is my new favorite song... It's so sweet and I really like it. Enya has such a luvely voice and a passion for the song ... when she sings you can feel all of the emotions. It's truely beautiful and soothing. This song made me realize how beautiful the gift of song really is. Thanks maggie.

Thanks for the info about the Lychgate. thats pretty cool.

I really enjoyed the St. Phillp's Choir's version of that song.

Thank you bunches!

<3 Lauren

<3
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 07:16PM »

can you play the tin whistle?  Jim

If I had a tin whistle... I'd love to learn! They seem to be great fun! Smiley

<3 Lauren

<3
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 09:55AM »

Oh come on...you can lip sync with me  Grin

Just rest up the old throat, drink some warm water with honey..and maybe..stay off the phone for a while  Wink Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: