Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The hardest thing I'll ever have to do... <3  (Read 38125 times)
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 03:44PM »

Okay Mel, if i cant sing, I NEED to atleast talk on the phone! lol

<3 Lauren

<3
Kelsey

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 06:11PM »

Oh, Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear that your sore throat problem is still going on.  (By the way, I'm sorry I didn't post here sooner, I don't read general discussion as often).  Anyway....I hope you get better very, very soon.  I want you to be able to sing again, mostly because I know how much you love it.

All of my best wishes are with you.  And, just one quick thought for you.....at least your fingers work for typing on the forum!  Smiley
Kelsey

chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 06:13PM »

are you better yet???   Grin

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 06:25PM »

Lauren

For thh Tin Whistle.

http://store.lollysirishgifts.com/feirtinwhbrc.html

Kind of a neat store. I already bought a Blackthorn walking stick. I occasionally use a cane due to my sciatica.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
CTofer

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 08:07PM »

Zan, great site, tons of cool stuff on it!! Thanks for posting the link!!!

Chris
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 09:56PM »

UPDATE:

So I went to the doctors today, and he suspects it may be mono. I will be going in on monday to get blood work and all that fun stuff done. Honestly, I really don't think thats the case... but we'll see. Thank you Jim for that site! Also Thank you so much to everyone for all of your kind thoughts and well wishes. They really touched my heart. You are all so sweet and I thank you!

<3 Lauren

<3
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57PM »

Eww bloodwork! I had that done! Its not bad. Better than i excpected

Thanks Lindsey
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 10:02PM »

Ah Mono. I had that in highschool , just a minor case. My brother got it a while before me when he was away at college. He ended up missing a semester .

Blood work is nothing. Over the years I donated 10 gallons of blood and quite a bit of plasma before I stopped.

You will be fine.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 10:23PM »

I can't donate blood!

Thanks Lindsey
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 12:51AM »

UPDATE:

So I went to the doctors today, and he suspects it may be mono. I will be going in on monday to get blood work and all that fun stuff done. Honestly, I really don't think thats the case... but we'll see. Thank you Jim for that site! Also Thank you so much to everyone for all of your kind thoughts and well wishes. They really touched my heart. You are all so sweet and I thank you!

<3 Lauren

If you've never had blood taken, let the tech who is taking your blood know.  It does make the process easier, and they can let you know each step.  The first time I had blood drawn, I was scared, and I let the tech know.  He was a huge help, and before I knew it, it was over.   Wink

Sounds like your doctor is ruling out mono, so hopefully you'll be singing again in no time! 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Maggie
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2007, 01:55AM »

About the tin whistle, this is from the site that Jim (zankoku) gave, it contains a whistle, instruction book and CD:

http://store.lollysirishgifts.com/guirwhwiboan.html

I hope all goes well with your tests etc.

I donated blood for years in the UK and here in Florida, then the Transfusion Service decided they would no longer accept blood if the donor has lived in the UK.
This was because of the CJD (mad cow disease) scare a few years ago.

I can recommend tea or herbal tea with honey and lemon.....very soothing.

I have a mug of Malted Milk Ovaltine every night, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Delicious!
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2007, 11:51AM »

i think its stupid that we won't take blood from people that were in the UK.  i work in a blood bank and we have very little blood.  it sucks!  *begin plug* so...if you can donate, please do! *end plug*

Lauren, bloodwork is not bad, as long as i'm not the one drawing you.  i suck at it! Wink get lots of rest hope you feel better soon!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 12:02PM »

Okay Mel, if i cant sing, I NEED to atleast talk on the phone! lol

<3 Lauren

well....ok..I can understand...

you and a few other have got me hooked on the dang thing ...drove me crazy while in Ireland with no phone (kicks the dang rental phone into the Irish Sea) Grin

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2007, 12:34PM »

Nice Mel. lol

and thank you again everyone. I'm not really afraid of getting blood work. I'm just afraid they wont find out what this is and I'll have a sore throat forever! lol

<3 Lauren

<3
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 11:49AM »

UPDATE:

I went to the doctors this morning for them to take my blood and get a throat culture.  I should know the results within 3-4 days. You'd think the worst part was getting the blood drawn, but it really wasn't... I sang Beyond the Sea to myself and it wasn't all that bad. Although when they stuck that cotton swabber in my throat! *Choke* lol that wasn't fun! I know it was what needed to be done for me to get better so it didn't really bother me...  Wink

I just want to thank everyone again for being so thoughtful to send me all of these really sweet wishes! As well as the instrumentals! That was really thoughtful! Muchas Gracias! Merci Beaucoup!

<3 Lauren
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:53AM by <3 Lauren » Logged

<3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: