Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to you love about Alex?  (Read 31953 times)
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 09:56AM »

My fave, of course.. my name, Tongue is Lisa... but I like Alex, Lynn, Mairead and Chloe the same! And whatever... they are all perfect anyway! Cheesy

What I really love about Alex is when she performs you can see her think: I love what I do, I love what I do!
Her eyes are fantastic! Cheesy
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 07:04AM »

Her eyes are fantastic! Cheesy

Agreed! I've always loved how expressive Alex is when she sings and speaks.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
celticartzyangel
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 09:09AM »

I love everything about Alex, especially her expressions, the way she talks, and her sense of humor!
greenfire6
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 03:24PM »

What do I love about Alex? In a word, her courage.

But let me back up. I agree with everything that has been written in this thread. Alex is a gifted performer who has obviously dedicated herself to her art and worked hard to develop her gifts. I love Alex's voice and her special way of delivering the music. Alex is also very vivacious on stage- yet never without complete virtue. Of course all of the 9 starring cast exhibt these traits- I think it is one of the seldom spoken reasons CW has attracted so much interest and so many fans. But it seems to me Alex has taken this to a new level- at least among the vocalists.

When I think back on the circumstances in which Alex originally signed on as a Celtic Woman I shudder. On relatively short notice she was not only handed Lisa's solos and ensemple parts but, in essence Alex was handed Lisa's dresses as well! I remember uttering out loud, What are they thinking?

As usual I was wrong. CW LTD, Mr. Downes and Alex quickly showed me I need't have been concerned. Alex not only delivered the music but she boldly put her own wonderful persona on it. In my mind this ability comes from confidence- the good kind, the quiet, humble kind of confidence borne of inner strength and stage experience.

Alex took my breath away back then and continues to do so today. And I will always think of her as courageous.

Edit: I can't believe I misspelled quiet in my original post. Embarrassed

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:38PM by greenfire6 » Logged
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 04:32PM »

But let me back up. I agree with everything that has been written in this thread. Alex is a gifted performer who has obviously dedicated herself to her art and worked hard to develop her gifts. I love Alex's voice and her special way of delivering the music. Alex is also very vivacious on stage- yet never without complete virtue. Of course all of the 9 starring cast exhibt these traits- I think it is one of the seldom spoken reasons CW has attracted so much interest and so many fans. But it seems to me Alex has taken this to a new level- at least among the vocalists.

When I think back on the circumstances in which Alex originally signed on as a Celtic Woman I shudder. On relatively short notice she was not only handed Lisa's solos and ensemple parts but, in essence Alex was handed Lisa's dresses as well! I remember uttering out loud, What are they thinking?

As usual I was wrong. CW LTD, Mr. Downes and Alex quickly showed me I need't have been concerned. Alex not only delivered the music but she boldly put her own wonderful persona on it. In my mind this ability comes from confidence- the good kind, the quite, humble kind of confidence borne of inner strength and stage experience.

Alex took my breath away back then and continues to do so today. And I will always think of her as courageous.

Very well said!!!

Jennifer
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 06:09PM »

i love how she pronounces every word that she sings Cheesy
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 09:20PM »

As usual I was wrong. CW LTD, Mr. Downes and Alex quickly showed me I need't have been concerned. Alex not only delivered the music but she boldly put her own wonderful persona on it. In my mind this ability comes from confidence- the good kind, the quiet, humble kind of confidence borne of inner strength and stage experience.

Edit: I can't believe I misspelled quiet in my original post. Embarrassed

As usual, you have hit the nail on the head, David!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Mad Máiréad Love
Total Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 09:50AM »

When she sings, she has a continuos smile on and her eyes somehow say i love you all. IDK but it's great.

Without a Caledonia to miss and love I wouldn't be a Carolina Rua.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 10:38AM »

When she sings, she has a continuos smile on and her eyes somehow say i love you all. IDK but it's great.
  you`ve noticed her eyes too?Huh  She genuinely looks like she`s having the time of her life on stage....because she`s giving us the time of our lives to be able to see her and hear her sweet voice.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
megachipper
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 10:41AM »

To put it simply... Absolutely everything Smiley
MaryNorth93
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 11:50AM »

Forgive me for mentioning something so girly , but I absolutely love Alex her clothing-style  Cheesy Especially when she wears blue, it such a great color for her. Take for example here, she looks so pretty:
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 02:06PM »

Forgive me for mentioning something so girly , but I absolutely love Alex her clothing-style  Cheesy Especially when she wears blue, it such a great color for her. Take for example here, she looks so pretty:

YES!!! Alex has a great sense of style! I've noticed that too  Grin

celticartzyangel
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09PM »

Forgive me for mentioning something so girly , but I absolutely love Alex her clothing-style  Cheesy Especially when she wears blue, it such a great color for her. Take for example here, she looks so pretty:

I love her sense of style! Becuase it's alot like mine LOL, I think Alex would look good in anything, but blue definitly seems to be her color!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 05:18AM »

I love her sense of style! Becuase it's alot like mine LOL, I think Alex would look good in anything, but blue definitly seems to be her color!

I'm wondering in what kind of dress Synan will make for her in when CW will make a new dvd.. He is good in suprising and playing with colors  Grin But indeed, Alex looks good in anything  Cheesy
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29PM »

Forgive me for mentioning something so girly , but I absolutely love Alex her clothing-style  Cheesy Especially when she wears blue, it such a great color for her. Take for example here, she looks so pretty:

Alex is pretty Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: