Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you love about Lynn?  (Read 67083 times)
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58PM »

Well said Shankdee!! Smiley Smiley
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 10:15PM »

Wink Thank you J B and C Rua...I didn't know this posted..it quit in the middle of it and went to that blue and white screen of
    cannot reach this website..etc...so that was a surprise here seeing that it did post !!! I love writing about each and
    everyone of these performers and David, of course. 0/T Sorry....

Lynn is such a wonderful addition to C W...

C S

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 06:38PM »

I love how Lynn has such a sweet manner and the obvious thought and care that was put into Take Me With You. Her song, Angel Doves helped me when i was going through a dark time in my life.

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Criostoir Briartach

feeling of the shy, wait they, for a train to Tara

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 07:44AM »

Hi Forum, Criostoir here,

Sorry about not posting lately, I just kind of ran out of power, and needed time to recharge.
And I also started doing a little recording on MySpace Karaoke. It seems that the Celtic Woman ladies inspire me to
get my voice back where to it was 10 years ago (if I didn't say this recently, I have a 1st tenor voice that can go quite high and I can sing on key most of the time). Anyway, recorded a few songs and will do some more maybe today.

About Lynn, as this is Lynn's section of CW forum:

I can say something that might not have been put forward before;
I love the fact that Lynn is smart and courageous.
Smart in the fact that even though she wasn't sure what it would really be like
to be a part of the Celtic Woman ladies; she saw many of the potentials that could be created,
by her joining CW when she did.  (potentials created would be like the duets with Alex, Chloe and Lisa).
And her maximum potential could be realized by joining CW, in that millions of people would be able enjoy her voice.
Many that would have never been able to experience her voice, if she hadn't joined CW.

And though she is basically shy and reserved, Lynn is very courageous. As she
was willing to make the decision to put herself out in the center spotlights, there for people to hear and see.
And coming from somebody that has had to deal with shyness that if others
felt it, they might see it as intolerable to bear; I kind of know what Lynn is going through
just before she walks out on stage. But Lynn DOES walk out on stage and performs for all of us.
That is real courage to put your shyness and feeling of fear behind you and
just 'launch out into the deep", without even knowing the depth of the water.

So Lynn, I salute you here on the forum, and I thank you for continuing to share your
voice with us.

And, (I've posted this before up on her MySpace comments so it is somewhat well known but worth repeating,
and I hope Lynn doesn't get too embarrassed by this compliment, she deserves every bit of it),

Lynn, even when you sometimes might get 'butterflies'
in your stomach before going on stage. Just remember this: you can do it! You have the
training, experience, and the will to do whatever Celtic Woman is doing now or in
the future.

Go mbeannaí Dia dhuit, Lynn.
Criostoir Briartach

P.S.

I am adding a picture of Lynn that was on her MySpace (sorry if it turns out that
others saw it earlier but I like it very much).

Lynn, holding a bright candle, offering the light to us.

Daniel O Donnell sang the following song at The Millennium Stadium, in Cardiff
about a 1999. And seeing Lynn light a candle like this, I wanted
to put the words to the song right here.

Light a Candle

"Just one little candle
Can shine through the night
A symbol of faith
A flame that keeps burning
That never stops turning
The darkness away

Light a candle
To start a new dawn
Let it be like a prayer
And together we’ll shine
In a moment of time
We can share
Light a candle
To start a new dawn

Life is for giving
For those who are living
In love’s ray of light
And life is for caring
So never stop sharing
Your beacon so bright

Chorus

Bridge

We can unite the world from one tiny spark
Its better to light a candle
Than curse in the dark

Chorus

Light a candle
To start a new dawn
Light a candle
To start a new dawn"

P.P.S. If Lynn decides in the future,
that she wants to record the above song, please remember
to tell her that I was the first to place this in my postings.
It is a lovely song and I think Lynn would perform it very well.

...And as Lisa says, "Thank you so much, you've been such a wonderful audience."

GoodBye From the Treasure Valley of Idaho.
CB

Blessings to the Celtic Woman Ladies. For everything they do for us, they deserve blessings every chance we can give it to them.I bless them (best I can), in their native language:
Go mbeannaí Dia dhuit to Máiréad C, Éabha, Susan &welcome to Tara M.
Le grá,
Criostoir B
http://caranuamusic.org
Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 03:22AM »

I love her for being my sunshine  Cheesy

thedoctor
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 04:29AM »

I love Lynn's voice. In her solo cd, I have found that there is vast range of control of her voice. Swimming in the Barrow has a playful quality to her voice. Erin Beo has haunting quality. There is a yearning to her voice in Sunset of Gold. She has remarkable talent.
Her music has helped me ride out some troubling times in my life recently. I probably would have gone insane from my situation if it were not for "Sunset of Gold" and the powerful message of freedom it has. "Road to Glory", helped with my struggled with corporate culture because it  has a powerful message of the coldness of modern civilization and the things or items we value as status symbols. Road to Glory is by far my most favorite song by her now because of that.

-thedoctor
Enchanted

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 02:29PM »

I love Lynn's beautiful voice.  I also love that she is vegetarian and won't eat eggs that are from chickens living in tiny cages.  You rock Lynn!
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 02:15PM »

I love Lynn's clear, pure tone that she has to her voice, and how you can always hear it sailing above the other's in her harmonies!!!  Smiley

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 02:40PM »

I love that Lynn is a member of Celtic Woman and that she is coming out of her shell.

Kelly
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 02:54PM »

I JUST HOW FRIENDLY LYNN CAN BE!!!!!!!!! AND HOW SHE LOVES ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 03:20PM »

Oh my gosh, how could i forget that! I also love that she adores animals and is so caring. Smiley

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46AM »

Besides the fact that Lynn has such a beautiful, pure soprano voice, she is a lovely and loving person. It is obvious she cares deeply about people and certain causes that are dear to her heart. When you meet Lynn you know that angels do walk this earth.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 03:16PM »

Really agree with everyone here. Lynn is a lovely, serene and awesome lady. A joy to watch and listen too. I really love here. She is funny, beautiful, humble and has a mystical soprano soaring AWESOME voice...  Grin Grin Grin (Guess who is my favorite celtic woman....  Cheesy)

So many people today, think they're stars, and lack quality to deserve money. The CW-ladies, so is Lynn, are incredible popular, and very humble at the same time. It's amazing...

In the behind-the-scenes of Songs From The Heart, Lynn shows how happy that she is part Celtic Woman, she speaks about that she realizes how special it is:

'So this is the stage? I'm stunned...'

'I thought we were so lucky, and we must have been someone looking upon us because the rain just stopped in time. That's not angels looking down, I don't know what is...'

And she is so funny. Makes fun. Lynn and that dog... It shines of her face how much she loves dogs.  Cheesy

I recently found this comment on Youtube about Lynn, it's removed for unknown reasons, but this is what he said in particular.

Lynn is definately enjoying performing. She might be not smiling every second, but Lynn is a bit more concentrating on singing then being expressive openly, but she is definately smiling, in a more secretive, shy way. And when she smiles openly, that you see a real shining smile.

This comment was about a discussion of two people by Níl S'én La, Lynn would be 'bored' because she isn't smiling every second. I really agree with this person who wrote the comment. Her appearance is something... Mysterious. She is serene and has something un-spoken.

Lynn at the end of Danny Boy, this smile... Adorable. It takes you away.

Lynn at the end of O America. A really open smile... A gorgeous smile. She seems to send 'thank you so much' to the audience.

A lot of babbling from my side I know... I remember how I couldn't stand her in the beginning when I heard Méav left. How shamed I still am  Embarrassed

We love you Lynn... Hope you'll be part of Celtic Woman for a very long time

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:20PM by MaryN. » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 03:24PM »

Everything.
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 03:39PM »

That was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard in my life. Smiley Lynn is my favorite too, by far, because of her mysteriousness. She's not always smiling, but she does often and she always looks like she singing to the best of her ability (even though she looks so effortless when she sings.) You have to get to know her more than the other girls to find out what she's really like, even though you can usually tell by the expression on her face Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: