Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I FINALLY got to meet Alex - twice!!! (new updates and pics)  (Read 28342 times)
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« on: February 18, 2010, 10:55PM »

Okay, so I will make a long story short of how this all came about but Alex and I are both LDS and I helped her find an instrumental track for a Kenneth Cope song that she wanted to sing in her church before she left. She had me backstage as a way to say thank you! So it was decided that I would skip the meet and greet (totally fine with me) and go backstage with my mom after the show in Atlanta on Monday night. I was so excited that I could barely sleep the night before and I would randomly get this huge smile on my face. During both the show in Greenville and the show in Atlanta, I got lots of smiles, winks, and the girls even blew me a few kisses. But especially during the show on Monday, I got tons of intense smiles from Alex. It was almost as if she was just as excited to meet me as I was to meet her! I can't count how many times Alex looked at me and smiled and didn't look away for several seconds. I definately feel like we connected. Anyway, the show was amazing and I would see it again a jillion times without getting bored lol.
I wasn't sure where the stage door was, so before the show I asked the PBS lady or ,"our sweet lady" and Kathleen calls her. She was so cute when she barely moved her lips and told me where the stage door was. She wouldn't even point! I guess she was trying to keep it quiet that Alex had invited me backstage. Well, I still wasn't entirely sure where to go but this was one time when I wasn't gonna be shy. I was asking everyone who looked official. A few said to "wait here", some said to "go over there and wait", one or two "went to check", and finally I heard "Elizabeth Cox?" It was Mitch - the guy who is usually in the meet and greets. He gave my mom and me stickers to wear that gave us backstage access and took us down two flights of stairs and down a hallway. He put us in the Muscians Lounge and had us wait there while he went to get Alex. My mom and I waited anxiously until she appeared at the door. She immediately said, "Elizabeth! It's lovely to finally meet you!" and she gave me a big hug. She asked lots of questions and seemed genuinely interested in my life and my family. I gave her copies of the Church magazines for February and she loved it! She was really appreciative and I was glad that I could do that for her. We talked for awhile until she asked us to hold on for a second because she wanted to give us something. She practically ran out of the room and returned a few minutes later with a group photo that she'd gotten all the girls to sign (except for Lynn whom she couldn't find lol). It was such a nice gesture and my mom and I were so grateful! When she ran over and asked Mairead to sign it (she also had guests) Alex said, "And meet my friends Shannon and Elizabeth!" Mairead came right over and talked to us for a few minutes! Alex, my mom, and I talked for an hour before we asked her to sign a few things for us. Mairead had already left with the sharpie so Alex went running out of the room yet again bless her heart. And then we took some pictures! It was so wonderful to be able to tell her how much her music has meant to me and how much her fans adore her. I told her about a few of the threads here such as "The Eyes" and about us fans being "Alextrocuted". She really got a kick out of that. I feel like I was really able to relate to Alex about so many things. Because we are of the same faith, we were really able to connect on so many different levels. At different points in the conversation, Alex would reach over and hug me or squeeze my hand or knee and give me one of those legendary smiles. It was truly a time that I will never forget. Eventually Mitch came in and informed her that all the girls were on the bus waiting on her. She gave me and my mom several more hugs, told me to keep in touch, and then turned to blow me a kiss before disappearing out the door. I had an amazing time!!! I had brought my mom to this concert as a "thanks for being a great mom" gift and Alex turned it into a way better gift than I ever could've imagined!! So God bless Alex Sharpe and her amazing kindness and concern for me and my mother. And God bless the rest of the girls who were waiting who knows how long for us to finish up with Alex.

Here are the pictures we took:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:13AM by lifeismusic2009 » Logged

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:59PM »

words cant even describe how lucky you are!!!!!!!!! that must have been amazing!!!!!!!!!! i am glad she liked our names we gave her. and you even got to meet mairead... how awesome is that? lol

you must have been so nervous?

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:08PM »

I actually wasn't nervous at all! I thought I would be, but the conversation was easy and it felt like we'd known each other forever. I think we could've talked much longer if she didn't have to go! And it was lucky that they were going to be in Atlanta the next night, so there wasn't such a rush to get them on the bus and to the next town.

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:11PM »

wow!!!!!!! i am glad that you got that interaction with alex!!!

i really hope to meet her some day! i wouldn't even know where to begin if i got to meet her.
i am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:14PM »

She's really a sweet and genuine person. It's easy to talk with her and all of the ladies. I really am lucky to have been able to meet her and to have been told by her to "stay in touch." Words just can't express how wonderful she is!

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30PM »

Wow that is SO awesome!!!!! Great photos too!!

And of course you know I'm jealous that you got to meet Mairead also. Grin

I've only briefly gotten to speak to Alex at M&Gs, but she's a sweetheart and is so genuine!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:58PM »

That's so awesome! You're so lucky! Thanks for sharing the story and the pics!
YoungTwins

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28AM »

Oh my gosh!!!! How amazing!!! You are sooooooo lucky!!!

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01AM »

Thanks y'all! I do consider myself to be extremely lucky right now.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:16PM »

I said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm so happy for you!  To be able to really connect with any of these ladies is a true gift. 

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:17PM »

Thanks y'all! I do consider myself to be extremely lucky right now.
Yes, you are. But Alex was pretty lucky, too.   Wink

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:26PM »

So happy for you. Seems like both you and Alex made new freinds. Great photos too.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 12:31PM »

WOW!!! That's like one of the sweetest CW stories ever!!! Cheesy You ARE lucky!

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 02:43PM »

I am THRILLED for you!! What a very special night that you will have to remember. As I have said before, all the ladies give so much of themselves to their fans. They are not only talented and lovely but classy and genuine.

Alex is such a sweetie - the very first time I met her at a Meet & Greet I was immediately taken in by her smile and "The eyes" !

How long will you be floating up there in the clouds?!  Wink Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 03:31PM »

WOW!!!!! THATS AWESOME!!!!!!! HAHA Glad she loved the names we gave her!!!!  Grin HAHAHA So happy for you!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: