Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I FINALLY got to meet Alex - twice!!! (new updates and pics)  (Read 28343 times)
celticartzyangel
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 11:43AM »

wait... how could you BORE anyone with details?? Details are my Friend!!! But YAYA you got to see Alex again!!!

haha okay, so here are a few details lol. Alex was wonderful. She asked about my mom (who she met last time) and my dad (who was having heart problems the last time I saw her). We talked about school, church, my family, and her family. We joked around a bit and also had some deep conversation. We also had what I call twilight zone moments where we would say the same thing at the same time or I would say something and she would be like "Oh I do that too" and vice versa. When she signed a picture for me, she wrote "To Beautiful Elizabeth With lots of Love, Alex xxx" She is such a dear friend and I am blessed to know her. We departed with big hugs and kisses and I found it hard to keep my eyes dry. Hopefully I will be able to make it to see her again this summer.

AHHHHH SOOO SWEET!!! And that's soo cool with the part about you guys saying stuff at the same time or Alex saying "I do that too" **Melts** Lucky Alextrocuted Duck!!!  Wink  Cheesy  Grin
Jack

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 11:44AM »

And the good stuff keeps happening! Grin  That's great news, Elizabeth!  Somebody I know has talked with Alex again!  I'm very happy for you.  The pics are great and Alex is absolutely gorgeous!!  She is a very special person.

Joe just "snunk" right in there, didn't he? Grin Grin  Good on you Joe!  I'm green with envy!

Jack
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 12:00PM »

Woooooohooooooooo darling!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Grin Grin

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 12:30PM »

OMG! Shocked That is SO wonderful, Elizabeth, that you get to connect with Alex in that way!! She sounds like one of the sweetest persons ever!!! I hope I get to meet her someday! Cheesy I'm so happy for you!

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

YoungTwins

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 12:30PM »

that's awesome!!!

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 11:41PM »

thanks everyone! Alex is definately a sweetheart and for those of you who haven't met her yet, I sincerely hope you get the opportunity because she is simply amazing  Smiley

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 04:37PM »

Okay, yeah, I was able to sneak-in with Elizabeth and spend time with Alex after the Birmingham show, and I’ll tell ya something:  as for privileges, chillin’ with Alex was second only to the privilege I’ve had in meeting and/or befriending so many fellow forum members (with the exception of Jack --  Cheesy  Cheesy just kidding, bud; you know you’re aces in my book).  Everything Elizabeth said about Alex is true; she is warm, gracious, kind and so easy to just fall in love with; of course, I didn’t have far to fall, I’ve been a Sharpie since the first time I saw her on television at the beginning of the IoH tour.
    Walking thru the backstage area was enough of an eye-popping experience to have me going “ooh, ahh,” but when Alex walked into the room with us, I was reduced to monosyllabic palindromes:  “WOW, hooh, hah hah, heh, huh(?).”  She introduced herself, and I realized that I was meeting Alex unplugged, no PR, no show-biz; in her casual attire it was as if she were a neighbor stopping-by to visit after work; and she spent so much time with us, the tour manager had to interrupt and tell her it was time to leave.  We were there so long, all the doors were locked, and Security had to show us how to get out of the concert hall!   
     Anyway, it seems like a dream now; but I have the autographed pix, and  -- HEADS UP, ALEXA -- I don’t have my I’m a Sharpie tee shirt any longer (I gave it to Alex after she was so impressed by it), and there is the photo of us which, by the way, should speak volumes about Alex:  she would even hug an old country boy, such as I, and allow the photographic evidence to exist.  What an unforgettable honor, and what an absolute pleasure thanks to Alex, but especially thanks to my BFF, Elizabeth.             

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 04:48PM »

sounds like a perfect evening for you to

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 07:05PM »

What an unforgettable honor, and what an absolute pleasure thanks to Alex, but especially thanks to my BFF, Elizabeth.             

Aww Joe! You have done so much for me - I just had to make sure you got to meet Alex! And trust me, I have made sure she knows all the wonderful things you've done for me.  Wink Hahaha I'm glad you enjoyed yourself  Grin

dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 09:05AM »

Okay, yeah, I was able to sneak-in with Elizabeth and spend time with Alex after the Birmingham show, and I’ll tell ya something:  as for privileges, chillin’ with Alex was second only to the privilege I’ve had in meeting and/or befriending so many fellow forum members (with the exception of Jack --  Cheesy  Cheesy just kidding, bud; you know you’re aces in my book).  Everything Elizabeth said about Alex is true; she is warm, gracious, kind and so easy to just fall in love with; of course, I didn’t have far to fall, I’ve been a Sharpie since the first time I saw her on television at the beginning of the IoH tour.
    Walking thru the backstage area was enough of an eye-popping experience to have me going “ooh, ahh,” but when Alex walked into the room with us, I was reduced to monosyllabic palindromes:  “WOW, hooh, hah hah, heh, huh(?).”  She introduced herself, and I realized that I was meeting Alex unplugged, no PR, no show-biz; in her casual attire it was as if she were a neighbor stopping-by to visit after work; and she spent so much time with us, the tour manager had to interrupt and tell her it was time to leave.  We were there so long, all the doors were locked, and Security had to show us how to get out of the concert hall!   
     Anyway, it seems like a dream now; but I have the autographed pix, and  -- HEADS UP, ALEXA -- I don’t have my I’m a Sharpie tee shirt any longer (I gave it to Alex after she was so impressed by it), and there is the photo of us which, by the way, should speak volumes about Alex:  she would even hug an old country boy, such as I, and allow the photographic evidence to exist.  What an unforgettable honor, and what an absolute pleasure thanks to Alex, but especially thanks to my BFF, Elizabeth.             

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! That was/is unbelievably sweet Joe!!! But i wouldn't expect anything less from you!!! Wink Cheesy lol

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
wareagle

MEAV IS ALL YOU COULD HAVE IMAGINED

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 08:28PM »

My wife and I got to meet Elizabeth Thank You  for your kindness. You and Joe made our trip to B'ham unforgetable  Cheesy
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 08:37PM »

I am just getting around to responding to this but I loved reading about this!!! Too cool and congrats, Elizabeth on meeting Alex again!!!! I think it is too sweet that you two seem to have a connection. Really, really cool! Great pics!

I have met Alex at every M&G I've been to and I really enjoy chatting with her. She puts you at ease right away!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06AM »

I'm so happy for you guys, Joe and Elizabeth, again! Thanks for sharing the pics!
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 09:57AM »

My wife and I got to meet Elizabeth Thank You  for your kindness. You and Joe made our trip to B'ham unforgetable  Cheesy

Ken and Dinnie, the pleasure was mine I can assure you! It was definately wonderful to spend time with you. Next time, we'll have to arrange it so we have more time to chat  Cheesy.

Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I'm blessed to have Alex as a friend!

Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 12:16PM »

HEADS UP, ALEXA -- I don’t have my I’m a Sharpie tee shirt any longer (I gave it to Alex after she was so impressed by it)h.             

AWWWWW!!!!  well all I did was put it on a shirt!! everyone else came up with the ideas!!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: