Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We found a Lord of the Dance VHS!  (Read 14716 times)
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« on: February 27, 2010, 06:15PM »

So, over Christmas break, my sister and I were over at our grandmother's house cleaning.  In a closet, she had a ton of VHS's, and we were going through them, remembering some of them from when we were little.  Guess what we found?  She has a VHS for Lord of the Dance!  We freaked when we found it, and decided to take it to watch when we got the time.  Kristine says she remembers watching it when we were little (I unfortunately don't have any recollection of watching it, though I do remember watching Riverdance on tv some!   Cheesy)!  We read the back of the sleeve, but there was no mention of Mairead, so we weren't sure if she was in it or not.  Last weekend, we finally got to watch it!   And, guess who's in it?  Mairead!!!!  We were so excited!!!  We watched a lot of it, but mainly fast forwarded until we saw Mairead again.  She did the dueling violins piece with the other violinist, and she was FANTASTIC as always!  The show was really awesome, and the lead female vocalist actually sang a couple of songs that some of the members of Celtic Woman have done--Siuil A Run and She Moved Thru the Fair!  It was really fun to watch, and it got our adrenaline going when they had so many dancers out there at one time doing the Irish step.  It was really cool!  We just thought we'd share it with all of you guys!  Go Mairead!!!   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:18PM »

We knew Mairead before we knew we knew her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  How cool is that?!?!  Grin Grin Grin

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 09:15PM »

awesome, my aunt has riverdance vhs i think, may get to see Mairead Cheesy

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Maggie
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 11:30PM »

Máiréad was not in Riverdance, the Show.....but she did play on the soundtrack and "Roots of Riverdance".

She was lead fiddle in Lord of the Dance Troupe 1, and she was in Feet of Flames.

She also appears on the DVD "Michael Flatley Gold" which I can recommend....it has scenes from all his Shows.

Here are the original cast members of Troupe 1.....if you scroll down to "Erin the Goddess" you will see Méav,
and Deirdre.
Scroll further to "The Fiddlers"....there you will find Máiréad, and directly beneath her is a dear relative of mine,
Theresa Bourke who also played lead fiddle, and now owns "Fiddler's Retreat".

http://www.celticmanner.com/LOTD/T1page1.html

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:30AM by Maggie » Logged
CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 07:35AM »

HAHAHA Thats cool guys.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 09:49AM »

Máiréad was not in Riverdance, the Show.....but she did play on the soundtrack and "Roots of Riverdance".

She was lead fiddle in Lord of the Dance Troupe 1, and she was in Feet of Flames.

She also appears on the DVD "Michael Flatley Gold" which I can recommend....it has scenes from all his Shows.

Here are the original cast members of Troupe 1.....if you scroll down to "Erin the Goddess" you will see Méav,
and Deirdre.
Scroll further to "The Fiddlers"....there you will find Máiréad, and directly beneath her is a dear relative of mine,
Theresa Bourke who also played lead fiddle, and now owns "Fiddler's Retreat".

http://www.celticmanner.com/LOTD/T1page1.html

Thank you so much for all the information, Maggie!  I didn't think Mairead had been in Riverdance!   Cheesy  Thank you for the link, as well!   Smiley

Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 12:29PM »

Hahahhahah i knew all of this before you even posted it Cheesy
I am almost sure you told me the night of the day you guys found it!

It was way back when hahah... oh gosh... let me see.. January 4th, you guys found it!

hahaha... wow creeper moment.. jk...

...My laptop saves conversations from Ichat/aim... Mahahahah Smiley
(total freak out moment in that conversation that night) hahah...

<3Sarah<3
<I FINALLY got to meet THE Lisa Kelly and Mairead Nesbitt at my very first M&G!>

AY made these lovely banners for me Smiley TY AY!
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 02:59PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy CheesyA nice find whereas the house cleanings. Wink Máiréad's performances on the videos from "Lord of the Dances" and "Feet of Flames" (I have boths on DVD) is amazing and beautiful. But both live shows are really beautiful. Máiréad and Cora are a amazing combination with your fiddles. Smiley Smiley Smiley

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 03:40PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy CheesyA nice find whereas the house cleanings. Wink Máiréad's performances on the videos from "Lord of the Dances" and "Feet of Flames" (I have boths on DVD) is amazing and beautiful. But both live shows are really beautiful. Máiréad and Cora are a amazing combination with your fiddles. Smiley Smiley Smiley

It definitely was a great find!  You should have seen the smiles on Kristine's and my face when we found it!  We couldn't wait to watch it!!!!!

worldtraveler

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 08:18PM »

That is so cool!  I would love to watch some of those!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 08:21PM »

I have both the DVDs for Lord of the Dance and Feet of Flames and love watching Mairead. Smiley She looks so different and yet still the same!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 08:52PM »

I have both the DVDs for Lord of the Dance and Feet of Flames and love watching Mairead. Smiley She looks so different and yet still the same!

I totally get what you mean!  It was just exciting to know we watched her when we were younger!   Smiley

when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 10:49PM »

Eeeep! Cheesy That is so cool, Kath and Kris! Grin 

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 10:53PM »

haha me and my mix up realized it about a min AFTER I posted haha

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 09:24PM »

I've found LOTD, FOF, CW and Perry Como (with Twink)  on VHS.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:37PM by Jim M. » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: