Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Extended Tour Dates  (Read 57671 times)
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 11:38AM »

I'm sending an email to WPSU in State College, PA (University Park) to ask.  I was told this morning that a co-worker of someone I know i planning on going to the concert there at the Bryce Jordan Center ... but University Park is definitely NOT on the current tour list.  Since I know that WPSU had not even purchased the promotional / pledge fundraiser package which includes Celtic Woman and "Songs From the Heart" it would seem this may be a good sign!  I'll let everyone know when I hear anything.

Oh, PLEASE keep me updated!  I live ten minutes north from University Park (I'm a student at Penn State) so it's really the only chance I'll get to see them!  You just made my entire day.  THANK YOU Cheesy

P.S: Just curious, what part of PA do you live in?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:39AM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
Jennifer
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 11:39AM »

if there's anything about a date in St. Paul, MN, please PM me...

thank you! Smiley
Broadway Baby
Honorary Roadie

Sometime I think, I glimpse eternity <3

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 11:49AM »

If anyone hears about one somewhere in the Philadelphia area or South Eastern PA in general, let me know?? That would be amazing. Wink

Lindsey<3

LISA KELLY=<3
My fearsome five and forum family, thank you for everything!!
John910

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 08:44PM »

Bethel Woods (Liberty, NY) is within my driving distance. Plus it is on a Saturday. Not too far from Wayne County, PA

Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is a $100 million outdoor performing arts center and museum located approximately 90 minutes from New York City at the site of the original 1969 Woodstock festival in Bethel, NY. The 15,000 seat outdoor performing arts venue and The Museum at Bethel Woods are set within nearly 2,000 bucolic acres.

White Rose- Are you at Penn State all year?

GeorgeN

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 09:09PM »

......Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is a $100 million outdoor performing arts center and museum located approximately 90 minutes from New York City at the site of the original 1969 Woodstock festival in Bethel, NY. The 15,000 seat outdoor performing arts venue and The Museum at Bethel Woods are set within nearly 2,000 bucolic acres. ......

I guess I’ll have to go to this one! I had just sent a ‘remember when’ e-mail to an old friend a few hours before reading this discussing our days at Woodstock ’69. I’ve never been back to the site. It would be great to see CW there.

GeorgeN
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 06:23AM »

White Rose- Are you at Penn State all year?

Yep, I'm a full-time student.  Cheesy
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 06:47AM »

Ticketmaster has Aug. 1st - Sunday - 7:30pm in Portsmouth, Va. with presale tickets starting 3/17 at 10am EDT and ending 3/18 at 11:59pm EDT. General public sale starts 3/19 at 10am EDT.

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 01:45PM »

i just checked ticketmaster for CA.. nothin yet

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 07:10PM »

I just checked Ticketmaster--looks like they have Virginia and New York listed--Eastern coast of U.S, does that mean Pennsylvania could be on the list too?  Keeping my fingers crossed for University Park. Cheesy
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13PM »

I just checked Ticketmaster--looks like they have Virginia and New York listed--Eastern coast of U.S, does that mean Pennsylvania could be on the list too?  Keeping my fingers crossed for University Park. Cheesy

where are you finding these extended dates?

i check and it shows just for this tour

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 06:35AM »

They're listed at the end of the current tour dates before the Canadian dates.  O/t: One question I have is since CW Ltd. has not made any official announcement on another tour -- at least not that I am aware of, is it a good idea to purchase any tickets for an unannounced tour? Just curious.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33AM »

I just checked Ticketmaster--looks like they have Virginia and New York listed--Eastern coast of U.S, does that mean Pennsylvania could be on the list too?  Keeping my fingers crossed for University Park. Cheesy

where are you finding these extended dates?

i check and it shows just for this tour

They're listed at the very end of the U.S tours before they head into the list for Canada.  The NY show is listed for July, and the Virginia show is listed for August.  There are only two dates listed so far, so it's pretty easy to miss them.
One question I have is since CW Ltd. has not made any official announcement on another tour -- at least not that I am aware of, is it a good idea to purchase any tickets for an unannounced tour? Just curious.

That's a pretty good question.  My guess would be to wait until it becomes official, but I'm not entirely sure.  You could probably send an email to John Flannagan on the Celtic Woman website--I'm sure he'd tell you.  
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:29AM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 11:48AM »

I contacted my local PBS station, and i got a response today.

The only one they are aware of is for this spring tour - March 24th, which I am attending! Tongue

Sigh.. oh well Smiley

<3Sarah<3
<I FINALLY got to meet THE Lisa Kelly and Mairead Nesbitt at my very first M&G!>

AY made these lovely banners for me Smiley TY AY!
GeorgeN

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 01:34PM »

They're listed at the end of the current tour dates before the Canadian dates.  O/t: One question I have is since CW Ltd. has not made any official announcement on another tour -- at least not that I am aware of, is it a good idea to purchase any tickets for an unannounced tour? Just curious.

I guess you’d have to review the policy of the ticket seller. When the W-B Mohican Sun was considering canceling because of the recent snow storm they reminded everyone of their policy, which is: If the show is re-scheduled, you get a ticket for that date, but if it’s canceled you get your $$ back. Ticketmast also sells ‘insurance’ that will refund your $$ uncertain circumstances. Bottom line: I’d buy the tickets, but ask what the no-show policy is.

George N
GeorgeN

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 01:47PM »

I contacted my local PBS station, and i got a response today.

The only one they are aware of is for this spring tour - March 24th, which I am attending! Tongue

Sigh.. oh well Smiley

Well, they’re certainly not going to do just two shows a month apart, so more will be showing up soon. A few days ago I bought tickets for a local performance of Riverdance (March 31st) and I asked why they don’t have CW. They said “we did in 2005”. I must have been asleep or something ‘cuz I was certainly a fan back then, but totally missed this show 20 minutes from my house…. However, I was also working long hours back then. Hopefully they'll return to Binghamton since it's been so long, but they seem to be hitting new places.

Here’s the Bethel Woods Center listing for the July 24th show: http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/bwevents/eventdetail.aspx?id=123

GeorgeN
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: