Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Rivard  (Read 42917 times)
Moscapoet
« on: July 28, 2007, 03:41PM »

Greetings from the San Luis valley of Colorado!
     I thought this would be an appropriate venue to let you all know about one of the choir members. I was returning from the Christmas concert and my stay in Dublin and passing thru Chicago O'Hare. Some of the folks I met at the concert were on board and we got together after landing to share some time. They had been so kind and allowed me to join in their chat along with wine and snacks outside the venue that I had to repay them with a drink. Then Susan notices a familiar face and discovers it is one of the choir members, the only one from north america. If any of you think that the only talent up there are the headliners (oh how I love them) just spend some time with the supporting cast. Amy was very graciuos in sharing her time with us, and allowed photos with her and autographed my New Journey program as she is listed there. She has a website of her own and a jazz CD for sale. You can check all her bio and listen to her on the site and I encourage you to do so. She was very kind in responding to my e-mails which few in the business bother to do. I wrote her a poem/lyrics which seems to be happening to me alot when it comes to this group. 75 since mid-April. I am letting all my customers all over the country know about Celtic Woman and will now do that for Amy as well. Such are the rewards for being kind and gracious. I hope all of you will support Amy by writing to her, buying her CD (even if jazz isn't your thing, you know someone who likes it), and finding other ways to let her know you appreciate her efforts. Thank you Amy and thank you lovely ladies of Celtic Woman for the beauty you've brought into a previously silent heart. P.S. I love you Mairead.
canadadawnskyandsun

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 07:22PM »

Amy web site is
www.amyrivard.com
and her CD link is
www.cdbaby.com/cd/rivard

ENJOY!!
penguin laminating device

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:26PM »

Just sent her a request for a copy we can play on the air at my station! She's got a great voice!
Moscapoet
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 01:33PM »

Thanks Penguin!
    I know thank she will appreciate very much any support we CW fans can give her. Yes, she does have a lovely voice and is a genuinely nice person. Hope those who listen to your station will support her too. Nice celebrities are hard to find. Cheers! 
Kelsey

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 03:18PM »

Amy sounds like a truly kind and generous lady.  I would love to meet her.  Thank you for sharing your story with us.

celticriver

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 09:15PM »

As I said, in another post. I just received her CD, "Cashmere' in the mail.  It's great! I found it on her website  I listened to her music first and even watched some of the commercials she has acted in. It is a fun site!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 05:00AM »

Where did she come from? She must've been to the concert of her own for times.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
celticriver

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:47PM »

From reading her resume and looking at her website, I noticed she was a singer in Riverdance and I   assume she must have worked with David,Lisa and some of the others before? It also said that she was a soloist at Tokyo Disney. Maybe they saw Amy's work when Celtic Woman was in Japan?Huh??  Roll Eyes
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 12:55PM »

I dunno. Maybe we need to guess.... Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Birdwatcher

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 06:20AM »

Yes. Amy has worked with David, Lisa. and other CW members when she was with Riverdance. I believe she intends to remain with CW and continue work on her solo career.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:22AM »

Excerpt from an email I received from Amy:

"At the moment, I am working on my own solo work but believe that I will continue on with Celtic Woman for the time being. I guess we will just have to see what happens!"

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 07:56AM »

Is she even Irish? How did she get in there?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Moscapoet
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 03:39PM »

I received an email from Amy the other day indicating she had been doing some gigs in Toronto as well as writing some lyrics. She is a very busy woman and certainly will be more so with the upcoming fall tour. I look forward to her next solo effort as much as I do the girls at CW.
crshowfan

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 10:45AM »

I just had some time to check out some of the backupsingers/choir  musicans etc  and have a question.  Why don't they add Amy Rivard as one of the lead singers.  She has everything going for her.  The voice and definately the looks (she is beautiful) plus she has alot of acting experience, so why isn't she featured?  Is it just set that there are 6 women? or perhaps is she waiting for a main singer position to open up? anyone have answers?
I guess I could email her on her webpage and ask but I don't want to hit a soft spot or get too personal.  Lips sealed
Moscapoet
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 03:04PM »

You're right that she definitely has the talent. One of our most knowledgable forum members, Maggie has said in another post that you really have to know the right people and get in with them. I think Amy has and is doing that but it might take awhile before they decide to showcase her (and Roisin, one of the other choir members of great talent) more. I don't know if it has to do with the celtic heritage, but it would make sense since it is called Celtic Woman. I don't know Amy's full background but obviously it is strongly French Canadian. If we as forum members show our support for those in the supporting roles as well as our CW gals it may help influence things down the road. Yes, Amy also has the look and has a really lovely personality. She has what it takes but she and all of us may just need to be patient. By all means visit the supporting casts' websites and purchase their products. They all, I'm sure would also welcome your email in support of their work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: