Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Rivard  (Read 42920 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 03:39PM »

I also think she's sticking together with the rest of the chorus.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
crshowfan

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 10:48PM »

Thank you Moscapoet for your reply.  I think you are right.  Her time will come, just be patient.  I personally hope to see Amy and Roisin again with Celtic Woman but my guess is Amy will move onto film or tv.  From her website (commericals and such) she obviously has the acting ability. 
It makes sense if she doesn't have the celtic heritage, but at least showcase the talents that she has on her webpage in the show.  right? 
Oh ya almost forgot.  I went to see Les Miserable on Broadway last week and it was a good show but Amy sings one of the songs from that show on her website and she sounds SO MUCH BETTER than the Broadway girl.  Maybe she should be doing that role on Broadway .  But her heart is probably with the celtic woman.   
Going to check out the tour schedule now. 
thanks again.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 10:10AM »

For those of you who may be interested but unaware, Amy now has a music page on MySpace.  The URL is http://www.myspace.com/amyrivardmusic.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 04:51PM »

Wait a minute! I think Amy Rivard was born in Canada to get the interest with Irish things and then joined the rest of the Irish chorus. Isn't that true? Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
celticriver

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 09:02PM »

I just pulled this off of her myspace page. So yeah, I guess she does have Irish roots. Maybe her ancestors came over through Ellis Island or some other North American port? 

"This Canadian with Greek, Irish, Flemish and French roots is a talent like no other. After winning the only performance music scholarship at her University, she began studying Italian arias, German lieder and French art songs but found that her strength was way in the rafters with high soprano coloratura arias. Being keenly interested in telling a story, she soon found a strong interest in musical theatre and decided to switch into Canada's(at that time) only University degree program for musical theatre. After 4 years, she was 1 of only 5 females to graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre. Soon thereafter, she performed in numeorus musical productions around Canada and with a number of Symphonies. Next, she began connecting with her Irish roots, when she became a singer with the Broadway and North American touring companies of Riverdance."
Moscapoet
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 04:32PM »

Thanks for posting that. I generally stay away from myspace but this obviously has some godd data in it.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 10:49AM »

Quick note:  just received a lovely email from Amy, thanking me for posting the link to her new music page.  She confirmed that she will be on this tour with CW.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 02:32PM »

She confirmed that she will be on this tour with CW

Cool.

Thanks Lindsey
Birdwatcher

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 03:00PM »

I am glad Amy has decided to remain on tour with CW. She is a pretty young lady with a lot of talent. Hopefully she will be back in Memphis on the spring tour and my wife and I get a chance to talk to her. J&R
Moscapoet
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 03:13PM »

I received an e-mail from Amy today and she is very grateful to all of you in the forum for thinking of her and for the exposure. She is looking forward to the fall tour. Her talents are many and I'm sure she would appreciate more visits to her site and purchases of her CD. We probably all know folks who are really into jazz, and I'm sure we all appreciate talent. These supporting folks in the choir and band are fighting hard to climb that very tough ladder and we can help them with that just as we do the headline performers in CW that we all love. Thanks again for keeping the fires burning for Amy, Roisin, and all the others currently and formerly with Celtic Woman.
Moscapoet
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 03:32PM »

Well, I just received Amy's Cd the other day and listened to it that night. It is well worth buying even if jazz isn't your thing. She has some lovely pieces written by a fellow named George Grosman, and one that she wrote (Cashmere) which is a fun little piece. She does some lovely renditions of solid oldies like "unchain my heart" and "ma cherie amour" along with several others. Pick up one of these babies and kick back in your easy chair for some soothing vibes. Hmmm, my old dj voice is coming back. Here is a new poem that I'll post here instead of the poetry thread since it is artist (and I mean that) specific:
                                           THE GIFT OF VELVET
                     A lovely unknown appears,
                       the voice of a rising star.
                     I just can't help but believe
                       talent like that will go far.

We met by chance on a plane
                       flying from over the sea.
                     How could I possibly know
                       how sweet your singing could be?

Now you're home sharing your gift
                      to many who just don't know,
                     you're part of a special group
                       that puts on an awesome show.

You blend in because you must,
                       and compliment the rest.
                      But hearing your voice alone
                       might have me like it the best.

Keep sharing that gift with us,
                      and someday soon you'll see,
                    when all of your dreams come true
                      how proud and happy I'll be.

(chorus) The gift of velvet is yours.
                                 From your throat the songs flow smooth.
                                A calming beauty so soft,
                                 it just cannot help but soothe.       
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 04:17PM »

I ordered Amy's CD yesterday. I promised her on Friday when I emailed her that I was going to, to get it for my birthday.

She is so nice, wished me Happy Birthday. Cheesy

Both her and Roisin are very sweet.

gtrvox

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 11:43AM »

Well, this is truly nice. As Amy's record producer (I produced her CD and wrote a few tunes for it), I can certainly testify that she has the talent to tackle any musical style she wishes. As primarily a jazz musician, I am partial to the jazz side of things but have seen Amy in CW and in other productions - she is a marvelous singer. And let me tell you - she is also a real fun gal! Always cheerful, no ego and a complete pleasure to work with!

Btw, thanks for the kind words about my music.

Go, AMY!!

George
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 12:49PM »

This world is soooo small sometimes!  Imagine Amy's record producer coming on to the forum  Wink  Amy's CD is on "my list" to purchase once I recover financially from a few other purchases LOL  Based on these peoples' recommendation though, I have no doubt that I'm going to love it.  Thanks for stopping by, George, and feel free to do so again!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 01:18PM »

Well, this is truly nice. As Amy's record producer (I produced her CD and wrote a few tunes for it), I can certainly testify that she has the talent to tackle any musical style she wishes. As primarily a jazz musician, I am partial to the jazz side of things but have seen Amy in CW and in other productions - she is a marvelous singer. And let me tell you - she is also a real fun gal! Always cheerful, no ego and a complete pleasure to work with!

Btw, thanks for the kind words about my music.

Go, AMY!!

George

You should really get her to put  A BEST FRIEND IN ME on her next CD.  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: