Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3/25 CW at the Milwaukee Theatre (best night ever:)  (Read 4095 times)
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« on: March 26, 2010, 08:05AM »

Oh my goodness. That's all I can say. Even though this was my 2nd concert, I could not
stop shaking during the opener, which of course was Nil Se'n La  Smiley Wink I'm on a plane right
now so I will give a review when I get off Smiley

GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:09AM »

Yes it was a great concert even better then the one in Madison. The girls were at there best last nite and at the MG were Máiréad and Alex. Got to give Alex the gifts for there kids for easter it was something little but i hope they enjoy the cards and the bunny bucks inside. This was my 5th concert but only the 2nd MG and it was great the best ever

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:18PM »

Yes it was a great concert even better then the one in Madison. The girls were at there best last nite and at the MG were Máiréad and Alex. Got to give Alex the gifts for there kids for easter it was something little but i hope they enjoy the cards and the bunny bucks inside. This was my 5th concert but only the 2nd MG and it was great the best ever
Amazing!!! we tried to get meet and greets but couldn't, so I'm guessing that they went pretty quickly!!! I will meet them some day Smiley well, since we're still trying to regroup, I will just post a quick overview of the girls, and a full review later.

Alex- Wow! Amazig voice and incredible range! She sang the best that I ever have heard
her before! She sounded so sweet and caring while introducing My Heart was Home Again.

Lisa- As always, she poured her heart and soul into every song! What a voice and an amazing stage
prescence! So uplifting to watch her perform.

Mairead- Unbelievable. I just can't believe how much energy and talent this amazing little fiddler has! She seemed like she was a bit choked up while introducing YRMU, and I wasnted to run on to the stage and give
her a hug!! She never ceases to amaze me.

Chloe- Oh my gosh!! She has changed so much since I saw her 6 months ago! She has a beautiful power to
her voice now and it's simply gorgeous!! I think she was the audience's favorite. Smiley

Lynn- I have no words to describe Lynn. Since she is my favorite, I watched her 99 percent of the time. I truly cannot believe
how much her stage prescence has grown!!!! I had a huge grin on my face the entire time, but especialy when she was
singing. I am really in shock of how amazing she is!!! After My Lagan Love, I was the only one who yelled and even though I
was in the mezzanine, she seemed to look in my direction when she said "thank you," even though there's no way she could
have possibly seen me Smiley During At the Ceili and Dulaman I was grinning so much Smiley thank you Lynn for having such an amazing
voice and just being and incredible person.    
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:20PM by Irish CW Fan » Logged

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 03:33PM »

Ok, here's my first half review.
We really didn't do anything too exciting before the concert, just kinda veg out at the
hotel. We got to the theatre at about 6:30, so I picked up a tour program to page through.
It was gorgeous!!! I live how they added the girls signatures along with their
bios. At about 7:15, we went to go find our seats. I was in the mezzanine, so I
expected to be pretty far up and away from the stage. But then I saw the balcony...
And saw that mez was VERY close to the stage, and not too far off the ground!
I was already freaking out, but now it took all of my effort not to start jumping up and
down and squealing!! We were in almost dead center, and we took our seats and waited
for it to begin.

The lights dimmed, and like my first concert, I started shaking almost as hard. The girls come out with candles
singing a slow version of Nil S'en La. But no sooner, the launch into the fast/regular version and sound so
amazing that I am just staring with my mouth wide open! I couldn't believe it! Really nice arrangement by
David Downes and a great starter.
Next up was Fields of Gold, and Lisa did incredible as always, but really seemed to pierce the longer
notes this time! Mairead was up with Coast of Galicia, which was such a fun song. The audience
seemed a bit stiff at first, but this loosened them up a bit. Chloe came out and did a lovely explantion of
Galway Bay, and said that this was one of the first places that they had ever performed back in 2005. Beautifully
done! Next, HUGE cracks of thunder resonate off the walls of the theatre, and then we hear the familliar "sail away"
that we know so well... Orinoco Flow! Great intro and perfectly done! Next, Lynn went back onto the stage to sing, but
my dad was trying to get past me to get to his seat, and he was stuck!!! Knowing my favorite member was about
to sing one of my favorite songs, I shoved him as hard as I could trying to get him unstuck! Thankfully, he got unstuck
right as she started to sing. Gorgeous! I think I was the only one who yelled after she finished, and she seemed
to look up towards my area when she said "thank you," even though there's no way she could have seen me Smiley
Next, Alex introduced My Heart was Home Again very nicely, and wow did she blow me away with this
new song! Granulaile's Dance was back! Mairead played her heart out, flying around the stage as usual:)
Next was the angelic Goodnight My Angel, perfect once again. I love how the they join hands at the end! Next was the
stunning Danny Boy, with an audible "moan of pleasure" I would call it, hahah, from the audience. It was indescribable.
Just stunning harmonies. To finish off the first half was Mo Ghile Mear, fun and full of emotion once more. At the end,
I would say only about 20 people, scattered around, gave a standing ovation, and one of them was me, of course. But I knew
that they would loosen up during the 2nd half. I was grinning from ear to ear as we went out to the main area. I kept
playing all the songs over in my head Smiley I couldn't wait for the 2nd half of the show!!   

dbbii

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 09:34PM »

Having never been to the Milwaukee Theatre before, a question.  Why was the show set so far back from the front of the stage?  It looked like there was a section that could have been lowered (think for an orchestra pit) and more seats added.  Since they left this portion of the stage up, why didn't they use it?  The girls were at least 10 to 12 feet back from the front of the stage.

GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 08:57AM »

hey Don
 i will try and explain why. If the girls came to the edge of the stage the first few rows would see nothing but the back lighting they use on the girls. When they were here last year in Feb they came to the edge and all the people in the first few rows couldn't see anything. So this time they learned and stopped the girls short of the edge so as not to blind the first few rows. Im glad they did this year as being in the front row. Hope you enjoyed the show and the MG cause i know i really enjoyed the nite and it was nice that  Máiréad remembered me from the MG 2 nites before in Madison. It was also nice to have Alex or Lisa at this MG so i could give them the easter gifts for there children. I hope this helpped

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 03:41PM »

I will post a second half review later today or early tomorrow, but this is just a side note. I noticed that the girls fiddled with the headsets quite a bit. I know I saw Chloe take her earpiece out during I think it was Amazing Grace, and I think Lynn might have during Dulaman. I don't know if the always do that, but I just thought I would mention it beacause I hadn't noticed it at my previous concert.  Huh Huh

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 07:51AM »

Ok, here's my second half review.
First came The Call, of course. Beautiful!! To me, the harmonies seemed A LOT stronger, especially the alto ones!! It was amazing. Next was Amazing Grace, and wow, I really don't know what to say. It was simply stunning, the girls voices and harmonies. And Anthony Byrne!!! He is really amazing. Next was one of my favorites, Dulaman!!! I was so glad that they had put it back in. Lynn did her lovely soft-spoken introduction that was quite funny. She is definately coming out of her shell, but I can still see a hint of shyness that is still there. Anyway, she did absolutely fantastic in this song!!! It was really fun. Does she speak Gaelic fluently? Because it sure sounded like she did in this song! Next was You'll be in My Heart. Alex was wonderul!! she really poured her heart and soul into this song!! She has such a lovely quality to her voice. The Songs from the Heart duo was up next, and I have to say that's one of my new favorites! Lynn and Alex did a gorgeous duet that was Walking the Night. Stunning!!!! the harmonies were chilling. Then, Chloe and Lisa came out and did Give Me Your Hand, which was awesome!! It was really fun and one of my new favorites. Lisa stayed and introduced The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, which was very sweet. She did a beautiful job!! Wow, what a voice she has! So beautiful with so much power!! Chloe then came out and sang her stunning When You Believe. It was perfect!! The echoes off of the high note that she it's in the bridge of the song sent chills down my spine. She has such a pure, powerful voice and an amazing range!!! Next was another one of my favorites, At the Ceili!!! I was so happy that they kept that as well. All the girls did wonderful!!!! Wow, Lisa's part was soulful, Alex's was haunting, and Lynn's just made you smile. She kissed the poor guy afterwards, it was really sweet!! Next was Non C'e Piu. Absolutely haunting. It was stunning!! Then, Mairead introduced You Raise Me Up, and she seemed really choked up. I wanted to run on stage and give her a hug!! You Raise Me Up was simply perfect, as always. The girls got a standing ovation by the entire audience this time, and they did the Mo Ghile Mear finale, and left the stage. At first, I was like, oh no!!! They're not gonna do Spanish Lady!! But soon enough, They came back out and the audience just lost it!! The entire theatre erupted with cheers. This crowd was not going anywhere!!! They did awesome on that song, and I was singing at the top of my lungs through the entire thing!!! Then, they all bowed and curtsied and left the stage, and the curtains came up along with the lights. I was so overwhelmed by eveything!!! I could not stop grinning!! It was the best night of my life!!!!!!

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32PM »

Nice review Irish CW Fan! Glad you enjoyed the show! Thanks for sharing!
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 03:43PM »

Nice review Irish CW Fan! Glad you enjoyed the show! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!! It's fun to remeber the show when you're writing your review Smiley Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: