Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inappropriate topics  (Read 48893 times)
KiernanKate
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 06:06PM »

perfect sense to me and I cant believe I never thought of it that way!

*kicks self* doh!   lol my lower register and my high register as of late are playing real tricks on me and the docs even thought for awhile I might have swollen lymph nodes or whatever.... thank goodness for a misdiagnosis there!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 06:15PM »

I hope this makes sense to some people.
I have to say that's the first good, logical reason I've heard.  Not being anything resembling a singer myself, I have no knowledge of such things.

But we're still not gonna answer the question. 

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Moscapoet
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19PM »

I wish to apologize for the "explain" comment that ended my last post in this section. It showed a lack of respect that I did not intend. OFG I do respect all the moderators and members of this forum and will refrain from any more publivc questioning of policy.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21PM »

I wish to apologize for the "explain" comment that ended my last post in this section. It showed a lack of respect that I did not intend. OFG I do respect all the moderators and members of this forum and will refrain from any more publivc questioning of policy.
Thank you!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22PM »

On the voice thing: Believe me, it gets quite frustrating.
On the age thing: I have a pretty good guess as to how old they are by using a little logic and I'm beginning to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" which is all I need. But, thought I'd voice my reason.
m.k.c.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 06:30PM »

I hope this makes sense to some people.

I agree with Rich, totally makes sense. I have to admit the age thing baffled me at first, but one of the things I've come to really appreciate about this forum is the respect we all have for the girls' privacy and personal lives.
epicwolf

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 06:46PM »

Why is somebody's age so protected? What is the big deal? I understand social security numbers, phone numbers, addresses, even sexual preferences, But age?Huh Explain.
We remove those topics because several of the CW ladies have expressed their feeling that their age is a private matter.  Mairead, in fact, is quite outspoken about it.  She won't even discuss her age.  Since the ladies (and others from CW) do visit this forum, we choose to respect their privacy.

I can't understand why their ages are so important.  And I strongly suspect that the question would rarely come up if they were a group of men.  I used to watch the Irish Tenors on PBS when Ronan Tynan was still with them, and nobody ever inquired about their ages.

There's only one reason why age is such a big deal for CW or most members in here. Its because they're FEMALE!!! LOL.   Guys dont really care about telling their age but women do and believe me, I got in trouble once for predicting a woman's age wrong.  Grin

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 07:28PM »

Why is somebody's age so protected? What is the big deal? I understand social security numbers, phone numbers, addresses, even sexual preferences, But age?Huh Explain.

I never could figure out why age is such a big deal since anyone's age can be found on the internet.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 02:57AM »

I'm glad topics regarding age are removed from the forums.  I personally don't mind sharing my age, but that is my choice.  I completely and totally respect someone else's choice to NOT share their age.  And if ANY of the CW ladies at any time prefer to not share this, then I think we should respect their choice.  Yes, this information is available on the 'net, but it doesn't mean it should be on the forums.  I love that we all respect the ladies' privacy.  I firmly believe they give us SOOO much already...how could we ask for anything more?!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 11:16AM »

I never could figure out why age is such a big deal since anyone's age can be found on the internet.

That's a fallacy, if the info was readily available, there wouldn't have been so many trying to guess the ages of the CW ladies that prefer to keep their ages private.  I'll agree that you can find out a lot on the net, but not everyone is listed.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 12:56PM »

That's humiliating! I can't believe it! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 01:30PM »

hey I admit to 29. Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 02:06PM »

when you think about it, once you hit 21, why get any older? I guess when you hit 59 1/2 it becomes important for retirement, pension, tax, and health insurance issues though. But from 21 until 59 1/2, age sort of doesnt matter, in a way, if you see what I mean?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
jsharp

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 03:27PM »

Back to Starrgurl's concern: What Rich said. Your orientation matters not. I'm a straight guy with a crush on Lisa. That's fine to mention here (I have on occasion). Of course, anything beyond that is not respectful to the ladies of CW or other members and is inappropriate for our teen members.

If I haven't said it before, it's good to have yet another voice here singing the praises of CW!

As for the age thing, I can see where the tension comes from. People often want to know an age simply as a means of identifying with someone. For instance, Brooke Shields and I are almost exactly the same age. I identify with her as part of my generation, especially since she's been famous since we were 12. We have "grown up together" if you like. Bono is about five years older than I am so he would be more like an older brother figure. It's just part of how we sort things out relationally.

But women can get judged harshly for their age. Just the other day I saw a post on a forum where a guy said a certain actress should be shoved in a hole and buried simply because she's 39. Never mind that she's a beautiful woman on a top-rated TV show. You know he wouldn't say that about his favorite male actor. Me, I would be bragging about my age if I had looked as good as her at 39 (I didn't.) I don't think she hides her age but it'd be her prerogative is she wants to. Same thing here.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:49PM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

epicwolf

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 08:12PM »

Back to Starrgurl's concern: What Rich said. Your orientation matters not. I'm a straight guy with a crush on Lisa. That's fine to mention here (I have on occasion). Of course, anything beyond that is not respectful to the ladies of CW or other members and is inappropriate for our teen members.

As for the age thing, I can see where the tension comes from. People often want to know an age simply as a means of identifying with someone. For instance, Brooke Shields and I are almost exactly the same age. I identify with her as part of my generation, especially since she's been famous since we were 12. We have "grown up together" if you like. Bono is about five years older than I am so he would be more like an older brother figure. It's just part of how we sort things out relationally.

i agreed with everything you said. I am also a straight guy with a crush on lisa and chloe but i know my limits. I know the chances of me hooking up with any of the CW is second to none so its just a fun crush.

And as for the age thing. I would like to know a women's age so when i chat with them, i know how to act. People act a little different when you know what age they are. I act a little different when I am talkin to elders or people over 35. Im in my 20's so I might feel more comfortbable talkin to people around my age. Its very well put as identifying someone.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: