Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inappropriate topics  (Read 48842 times)
KiernanKate
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 12:16PM »

ok... ty

I think from now on I will stick to my ANJ DVD..... which actually needs to get replaced very soon...... its messing up during Dulaman and I just cant have that...lol
jsharp

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2007, 10:21PM »

It states, "The (label-produced) videos ... are at users disposal to insert parts thereof into their own user-generated content (mash up) that can only be uploaded, legally at any rate, to YouTube, solving the problem of users getting the content from other sources..."

If I'm reading it right: The label will post official CW videos of individual songs. I can make, for example, a tribute video stitched together ONLY from parts of the officially posted clips (so I'll be at their mercy depending on which songs they want to put up) but I can't use material from DVDs or TV broadcasts. Nor can I use any one song in its entirety. And I can only post my end result on YouTube - no place else. I can hotlink to it, though.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:24PM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

KiernanKate
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2007, 10:23PM »

So, the tribute videos I made of Orlagh..... are those legal or illegal?
jsharp

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2007, 10:27PM »

So, the tribute videos I made of Orlagh..... are those legal or illegal?
Consult your attorney.  Grin As far as I can tell, they need to be made from the officially released clips (whenever those go up).

(The legal advice offered by this completely unqualified person is not represented as being superior to the legal advice of any other person with a computer and an internet connection.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:30PM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

KiernanKate
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2007, 10:31PM »

Okay now I really have to meet Meav!....... lol jk!!

thanks..... Im still not sure because I just used pictures of her to make the videos
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: