Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hayley's New Autobiography  (Read 34109 times)
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 06:24AM »

I honestly think that 20 is way too young to write (or help to write) your autobiography.
I have to agree with Maggie here  Shocked   20 is way too young to do an autobiography. BUT, maybe we are just mislabeling it. Its an autobiography now, but maybe 20 years from now it will just be the story of her early years, which, to this point, in substance IS an autobiography. Then she will do a book from 20-40 that will talk about her career, marraige, children, being secretary of the UN, whatever. I am sure there will be much to talk about, the girl never seems to rest. I hope she does a cook book, because even though i usually dont read them, I would love to know how she gets so much energy.

The answer is very simple really - Hayley loves what she does!

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 06:25AM »

I honestly think that 20 is way too young to write (or help to write) your autobiography.
I have to agree with Maggie here  Shocked   20 is way too young to do an autobiography. BUT, maybe we are just mislabeling it. Its an autobiography now, but maybe 20 years from now it will just be the story of her early years, which, to this point, in substance IS an autobiography. Then she will do a book from 20-40 that will talk about her career, marraige, children, being secretary of the UN, whatever. I am sure there will be much to talk about, the girl never seems to rest. I hope she does a cook book, because even though i usually dont read them, I would love to know how she gets so much energy.

Why do people assume that all women want to get married and/or have children?

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 07:20PM »

Thank you flags!   Smiley  I've never really wanted kids of my own, I'm happy being an aunt, godparent, friend, teacher without being tied down.   

If more famous 20-year olds would co-write autobiographies, work with UNICEF, and continually hone their musical craft (which is already exceptional), rather than count up their DUI's and drug busts, the world would be a better place.   Smiley  Smiley

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 07:51PM »

Then she will do a book from 20-40 that will talk about her career, marraige, children, being secretary of the UN, whatever.

I hope that I wasnt misunderstood here. I included marraige and kids , but did NOT mean to imply women should do those things. Note that I also include career and political activities as well. I was NOT trying to make some sort of value judgement or imply women have to do anything.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 07:54PM »

Then she will do a book from 20-40 that will talk about her career, marraige, children, being secretary of the UN, whatever.

I hope that I wasnt misunderstood here. I included marraige and kids , but did NOT mean to imply women should do those things. Note that I also include career and political activities as well. I was NOT trying to make some sort of value judgement or imply women have to do anything.

You are fine. No problem.

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 08:02PM »

No worries, Cash!   Smiley  I liked the part of your post about Hayley being Undersecretary of the U.N.  I could totally see Hayley doing that!    

I am feeling a bit "contrary" today (pun intended, as my given name is Mary Cheesy).  Had a disagreement that got a bit heated with the music director at our church, and I'm still kinda fired up.  That's when I have to step back and look at the big picture, but sometimes it's HARD!!  

I now return us to our regularly scheduled thread, which is a much more pleasant topic.  Hayley!  If she can write as well as she can siing, the book should be really good. Smiley  Smiley

Thanks, Wickie!

Kelsey

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 04:48PM »

I think it is great that Hayley decided she wanted to write an autobiography.  And, although she is still young, I am looking forward to reading about her life so far and her thoughts on things.

flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 07:49AM »

I think it is great that Hayley decided she wanted to write an autobiography.  And, although she is still young, I am looking forward to reading about her life so far and her thoughts on things.

Ditto!

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 08:36AM »

This goes on the Christmas List! Smiley
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 10:43AM »

This goes on my buy it as soon as I can find it list as does everything Hayley.

Maggie
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 12:28PM »

One little problem with forums in general, is that some people do not take the time to read the whole post, and do not look at the whole meaning of it.
They pick up on one or two words and run with it, jumping to the wrong conclusions.
I have had this happen to me several times on here.
So I have decided in future, if someone misunderstands me without reading my post, I will just let it roll.....so be it. It ain't the end of the world! Cheesy

The great thing is we all have differing points of view, that's the whole point of a forum.
That's why the Romans invented the word......so they would have an arena in which to throw ideas and viewpoints around, and debate the issues of the day without stabbing Brutus to death!!!  (They went a bit far, there!  Grin )

It's not exactly true to call this book an "autobiography".
It was really written by Darren Henley, who has done this for other celebrities.

This is taken from the ad for the book:

THE AUTHOR
Darren Henley is the Station Manager of Classic FM and writes regularly for the Classic FM Magazine. He is the co-author of the three titles in the best-selling Classic FM Pocket Book series, as well as Aled Jones: The Autobiography and G4: The Official Book.[/color]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:35PM by Maggie » Logged
Texas Chava

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 03:25PM »

I have to agree with Maggie on this one....I think people should be a little bit older (even though she's had an exciting life already) to write their autobiography.

Banner by Scott
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 11:15AM »

Hey let the girl do as she wishes. Who knows she may be a fabulous writer. Give her a chance!
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 01:15AM »

Both opinions are valid, so let's move away from the age issue for a sec. 

The true tests from one standpoint, absent from the age and the name of the author(s) will be, "Was the book well written?, Did it fulfill the reader's expectations?, Was there some cohesiveness to the book?" 

From the standpoint of a Hayley fan, "Did this bring us new insight into Hayley as a person and as an artist?"

Maybe there's something in particular that Hayley wants to share with the world.  Who knows until the book comes out?

Just some questions to ponder that I feel should be asked of an author of any age. 

I know return you to the age debate...    Grin  Grin

Thanks, Wickie!

flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 11:46AM »

Hey let the girl do as she wishes. Who knows she may be a fabulous writer. Give her a chance!

Hayley wants the truth out there and not made up gossip stories about her life. She will write another one at age 40 and age 60 and age 80 God willing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: