Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Music and the King of Pop  (Read 2885 times)
Maggie
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:11PM »

It seems nobody is immune from catching the Irish Music Bug, or immune from absorbing Celtic Culture
while on a peaceful holiday in Ireland.
This post tells of a very famous man who fell under the spell of both.....or so it is alleged.

FACT:
 Michael Jackson visited Ireland several times, and lived there for 5 months in 2006 on
an idyllic estate surrounded by the Wicklow mountains, where he found perfect peace...if only for a while.
( I started a thread about it on this Forum around that time, with photos of the estate)
He loved being able to take his children into local towns and villages, shopping and eating ice cream
like a normal family. The local people treated them with respect and did not bother them.

He was trying to buy the estate, but could not get planning permission to make some changes to it.
It was rumoured he wanted to build a Neverland-style funfair. Bad idea - the natural beauty of the estate must be preserved.

Disclaimer: From here on I can not guarantee the story is true.....I am taking steps to find out.
It has been published on a few sites, and would be sensational if it can be proved.

Here goes:
Apparently Michael fell in love with Irish Music (that's easy to believe).
It is thought he was planning a CD and maybe a DVD with an Irish theme.
(The man was a musical genius, I can see this happening).
According to the story, Michael Jackson visited a recording studio in Dublin, where he heard a Village Choir
making a Christmas CD for Charity.
He asked them if they would provide backing vocals on his CD, so they tried out a few samples.
Then they went back into their studio to continue their own CD. Michael asked if he could sit in.
He was very taken with the song "The Fields of Athenry" especially the line "Michael they have taken you away".
He asked if he could join in, and sang the entire song.
The Choir apparently have the digital recording.....which is said to be in a Bank Vault in Dublin.
The reason it remains in the Vault is.....there is the question of who owns the recording.
As Jackson was a guest on their recording, it would probably belong to the Choir, or whoever owns the recording equipment.
And of course, royalties would go to Pete St John, who wrote the song in the 1970s.

However......if this is true, they would be going up against his Estate and greedy topnotch lawyers.

Here is the news article:
http://www.michaeljackson.com/de/node/365175

Listen as the Dubliners sing "The Fields of Athenry" - then imagine how Jacko would do it!

Michael Jackson's temporary home in Wicklow. The house is behind the trees on the right:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:36PM by Maggie » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: