Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orla's music in Ireland  (Read 10934 times)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 29, 2010, 07:05AM »

One of the things I wanted to do while visiting Ireland is go to a music store.  I've been looking for a copy of The Water is Wide with the original cover, as that's one of my favorite photos of Orlagh (Orlagh, I didn't tell you because I wanted the experience of buying it in a music store!~ Tongue).  Orlagh recommended a good music store near our hotel, so off we went.

I was giddy when I saw how prominently displayed Distant Shore was!  Here was what Zee and I saw when walking up to the store: 

Normally when I go into a music store I bring her CD to the front and eye level (assuming it doesn't mess up their alphabetizing system).  At this store I didn't have to!  Grin

And for good measure, behind the counter was this:

They also had treated The High Kings and Celtic Woman quite well!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
MaryNorth93
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:12AM »

How awesome, glad she has in her homeland popularity as well, she deserves it  Grin
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:52AM by MaryN. » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:21AM »

That's what happens when you have a first rate marketing/management team.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 08:18AM »

That is so awesome!!!  Yay for Orla!!!   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
greenfire6
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 08:46AM »

Go Órla go!

I suspected that Órla's recordings are readily available in Ireland. It so comforting to actually see a music store has given her a high profile. She deserves nothing less!

Thanks for the pics Kelli! Cheesy Did you find a copy of The Water is Wide with the early cover? I hope so.

Off topic: I wish there were stores like Celtic Note where I live. I love chocolate as much as anybody but this would be greater than any chocolate shop to me. I think my CC would recieve a big dent before I someone drug me, kicking and screaming, out of there. I would even be trying to buy the posters off the walls! Shocked
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 09:04AM »

I think it's neat that you can pick up a bodhrán or tin whistle as well as your favorite music!

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22AM »

Yay Órla!!!!!!!!!

celticartzyangel
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:26AM »

Yahoo For Orla!!!!!  Grin Soo awesome to see that!
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 02:27PM »

Kells!!!!!!!!!!!
That is Sooooo Cool Cool.....Did you by any chnce ask them for the poster.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
BTW..I am really jealous about the Jamesons cake and Butler's chocolate... Cheesy
So glad you had a great time..even if it was shortened!!!!!!!!!
Bruce

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 02:35PM »

Yes, David, I did get my CD!  That cover is readily available in Ireland, so I'm a happy girl!

Bruce,  I thought about that poster, but figure it belongs right where it is  Wink

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
worldtraveler

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 05:00PM »

Fantastic pictures!  It's great to see Órla's music so well displayed!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:12PM »

O my word I want a Celtic Music store like that!!!  Cheesy

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:10PM »

IOff topic: I wish there were stores like Celtic Note where I live. I love chocolate as much as anybody but this would be greater than any chocolate shop to me. I think my CC would recieve a big dent before I someone drug me, kicking and screaming, out of there. I would even be trying to buy the posters off the walls! Shocked

David, it just so happens that there was a Butler's Chocolate Store VERY close to the Celtic Note!! Kelli did her Orlagh undercover work to make sure that posters and cds were prominently displayed, bought her CD, and then went hog wild at Butler's!! LOL

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
greenfire6
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14PM »

Your killing me Zee! Wish I was there.
Maggie
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 02:23AM »

I was in the Celtic Note Store in 2007 looking to see if they had any Celtic Woman CDs/DVDs.
They had not heard of them.
Nice store, near Trinity College.
I also went into music stores in Galway, Limerick, Nenagh and Thurles......same result.

I told the managers "I think you'll be hearing of them soon......when you do, stock up!"
The Manager in the Galway store said "I'll write that name down and ask my suppliers do they know them". Cheesy

I was shocked the Nenagh and Thurles stores didn't even have their home-grown girl Máiréad's CD!
(Mind you, Nenagh isn't exactly the centre of the Universe!)

Butler's Café on Nassau Street is not very big:

The menu is good though - forget Starbucks!

http://www.butlerschocolates.com/pages/Butlers-Chocolate-Cafe/Menu.htm

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:44AM by Maggie » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: