Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Paul Irish Festival  (Read 8900 times)
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« on: August 02, 2007, 09:15PM »

Just wondering if anyone is from around here and planning on attending. It's always a great time. Plus Gaelic Storm makes me dance. Wanna laugh? Come watch.

http://www.irishfair.com/index.php

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50PM »

I'd love to go see the Celtic Tenors on Sunday, but there is no way at all I can get off of work for that.  Do you suppose they'd come another 6 blocks or so up the road to give me a private concert when they're done at the festival??  Wink  I'm still strongly considering going to the IrishFest in Milwaukee on the 17th, so I'll have to be patient.  Hope you have a great time Conchobar!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:34PM »

I hear Milwaukee is amazing. I have been out here for six years, and have yet to miss a faire. I always find a new band, and learn something.

Maggie
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 02:20AM »

The awful bridge disaster will obviously cast a shadow of sadness over the Festival, it's so close.
I hope the deceased victims have been recovered by then. R.I.P.
--------------------------------------
If anyone gets the chance to speak with Patrick and Steve of Gaelic Storm, give them a hug (well, maybe just a handshake if you're a guy) from me (Maggie Ryan).
If they look blank, remind them of the night the Titanic Exhibition opened in Orlando, and we drank Guinness and sang ourselves hoarse until 2am at the Cricketers Arms.
Tell them I'm the redhead from Tipperary,who was President of the Orlando Irish Club.
You can also tell them I am still no better at reaching the high notes than I was then!
But I can still dance a reel or two.
Patrick and Steve are the only two original Band Members from those days.
They are hilarious......just read their bio's on the website:

http://gaelicstorm.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm?id=5738&sid=5431

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06AM »

The bridge collapse is just a terrible disaster. They're having trouble getting divers down to the cars due to the currents so they really don't know how many people are still down there. I really feel for the families of the missing. I crossed that bridge earlier in the day, and am still a shaken.

I will definately pass on your regards to Patrick and Steve. They usually hang around after the show,and then go to a pub in town. The band does tend to go through some changes. I'm looking forward to seeing their new fiddle player. Ellery left some big shoes to fill.     

Caite

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 11:39AM »

I usually go to this, but for obvious reason I can't this year. I also attend the Scottish Festival (since it takes place in my school!). This year looks great (as always!)
Have a grand time if you do go. Smiley

<3 Caite
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56PM »

Isn't Deirdre Shannon going to be there with the Celtic Tenors? I would love to hear her perform. I just received her CD in the mail which she personalized for me  - it's wonderful and she seems like a real class act!

Hope you enjoy the faire!

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:42PM »

Deirdre?!! I didn't know that. I am really looking forward to it now. I always spend one full day there,and now I know which one. Thanks for the info. 

Caite

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 05:38AM »

Deirdre?!! I didn't know that. I am really looking forward to it now. I always spend one full day there,and now I know which one. Thanks for the info. 

Yes. It says it on the website!! Enjoy. I saw the CT and Deirdre in December and they were fantastic. I KNOW you'll enjoy the performance.

<3 Caite
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 05:28PM »

I will be going to this year's Irish fest next month. I'm  hoping to see Katie McMahon.   Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: