Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impressions of Philadelphia show  (Read 6383 times)
Celeste

« on: April 09, 2007, 04:36PM »

Here's another item that was posted on a deceased version of this forum, and that I think is worth repeating here. This letter, pulished in a Philadelphia newspaper, gives one audience member's reactions to CW's Philadelphia show. It appears online at the newspaper's site, here:

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/opinion/20070308_Letters___These_women_really_have_it.html

and here's the text:

These women really have it

Letters | Posted on Thu, Mar. 08, 2007

WHAT A THEATER TREAT I got to experience recently. "Celtic Woman" was performed at the Academy of Music, and the show was overwhelming with all the values and honest talent that have taken a back seat to the junk that is worshipped in our declining culture today.

It was so refreshing to see women present themselves as women. These curvy, truly sexy and talented women needed only to be themselves, displaying singing talent equaled only by an angel.

Their movements were natural, and they needed no nudity to be seductive and feminine, yes, feminine and sexy. Our society has managed to pervert the female image and sell it as a product to be bought and sold like drugs - and women's pride and self-worth along with it.

If you want to remember what a real woman is like, see "Celtic Woman" sometime. They haven't been ruined yet. Try it. I'm a very proud Celtic man.

Kevin Allen, Philadelphia

I think he makes a fine point about the group portraying a genuinely feminine image. Also, I appreciated his positive reference to the girls being "curvy" -- which is why I'm posting it here, because above all, that means Chloe  Smiley She is providing a positive alternative for today's young girls, to the emaciated images that they see all around them in the media, today.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:44AM by Celeste » Logged

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:49PM »

Celeste,
        I overheard a comment at the show in Nashville.  A mother said that CW presented a positive role model for her daughter.  She said there is not a bone sticking out on any of them.  That shows those women eat and do not starve themselves like so many others in the public eye tend to do.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:22PM »

Wow, pals, looks like you had a great time in Philidelphia. I hope you will have a great time yourself. Oh, and keep an eye on Chloe. She'll remember you all. Smiley Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 07:31PM »

Well, the crowd in Philadelphia this past week (June 23rd) was less than totally enthusiastic.  I had totally forgotten that there was a show at Philadelphia earlier in the Tour.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 04:18AM »

You did? How did you know that there was a tour going on with numbers?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: