Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnes &Noble vs PBS DVD  (Read 4592 times)
gcerny12

« on: May 18, 2010, 07:10AM »

Don't know if this is the right spot for this post. I had a call from one of my sons the other day about this subject. He purchased the The New Journey DVD at Barnes&Noble and to his dismay there was one track missing. That track being Orinoco Flow. What was the deal on that?

My alter-ego when not listening to or watching CW. 
By Joe Palomine
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:21AM »

I got lucky. When ANJ first came out, I purchased the DVD at Wal-Mart and it had Orinoco Flow. Both DVDs are listed on Amazon but the OF version is marked as Discontinud by manufacturer. A similar thing happened to TGJ CD/DVD. Both DVDs with song(s) removed have noticable "skips" where the songs have been removed....ANJ has a freeze in the video. It's really too bad on the TGJ DVD because OF was done with both...Helix and Slane Castle...versions blended together -- very nice. I noticed the TGJ CD that I have(with OF) was printed in the EU, but I purchased it at Target. Not really sure why the different versions.

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:48AM »

Actually my friend Jen has the same problem her DVD doesn't have Orinoco Flow etiehr

Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 03:34PM »

They re-released the DVD's without OF. That's all I know. Rich knows all about it, I guess we'll have to wait till he comes to this end of the board to fully know Cheesy (hint hint Rich) Cheesy

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:53PM »

From what I've read here and on YouTube, it seems that every CW tour-leading concert contains songs that aren't broadcast and don't make it onto the DVD. The reasons probably range from the capacity of a DVD to the arcane machinations of copyright lawyers. You can find many of the missing songs on YouTube, but then you have to put up with that [description self-censored] Realplayer compression, which sometimes introduces audio/video sync errors large enough to cause the philistines to accuse CW of lip-syncing.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: