Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Golden Girls’ star Rue McClanahan dies at 76  (Read 7492 times)
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« on: June 03, 2010, 10:26AM »

So sad to hear this when i got on yahoo this morning..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100603/ap_on_en_tv/us_obit_rue_mcclanahan

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:46AM »

awwwwwwwwwwwww   Cry

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:20PM »

This has been allllllllllllllll over my Facebook feed this morning! RIP. Now Betty is the only one left! Still going strong at 88!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:31PM »

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!  I'm in shock!!!!!!!!!!  I'm STILL in shock about Bea and Estelle!  I actually threw up from the shock when I found out about Bea's death.  I'm just so upset that Rue died too!!!  POOR BETTY!!!

This has been allllllllllllllll over my Facebook feed this morning! RIP. Now Betty is the only one left! Still going strong at 88!

Here's an artical from Betty White.
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/06/03/2010-06-03_betty_white_rue_mcclanahans_death_hurts_more_than_i_ever_thought_it_would.html
POOR BETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cry

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:04PM »

"Golden Girls" was comedy at its best. Four very talented women and now only Betty White is left. It's sad. RIP Rue. Hope you,Estelle,and Bea are making St.Peter laugh!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 08:18PM »

Cheesy When I was in High School, and in a Church Youth group, she was in College and was our mentor to the best of
    my memory, she would come over on SUNDAY Pm and help us do plays etc.She was a student at Tulsa university !!
    I was so sad to read about this yesterday on F B. I had been awaiting confirmation of a friend and also to see if she
    remembered those Sunday evenings in the 50's...sad, but what a beautiful life...and some people give up after one
    or two marriage failures....but not Blance...er...I mean..RUE...she was on her 6th  GOD BLESS her and it is great that
    she is immoratilized in celluloid where we can enjoy her performances...Condolences to her close friends and Family.

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:57PM »

Amen - I was so sad to hear this too.  RIP

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:49PM »

Awww that's so sad! The Golden Girls is still one of my favorite shows!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 02:02AM »

Awww that's so sad! The Golden Girls is still one of my favorite shows!

Mine too.  I'm a Golden Girls addict.  I've loved that show for almost 12 years.  My grandmother was the one who got me hooked.  Now three of them have passed away.  Sad  I'm so sad about this, and I really feel bad for Betty.

Maggie
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 05:50AM »

So sad! She was a great comedy actress, and the Golden Girls was a classic.
I often tuned in to it when I needed a good laugh.

One of her personal quotes:
"Compassion is the foundation of everything positive, everything good.
If you carry the power of compassion to the marketplace and the dinner table, you can make your life really count."

Quote from http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1640725/20100603/white_betty.jhtml :
Betty White, who is now the last surviving lead actress of the hit show "Golden Girls," issued a statement just hours after co-star Rue McClanahan's death on Thursday.
"Rue was a close and dear friend. I treasure our relationship," White, 88, said in a statement, according to People.com.
"It hurts more than I ever thought it would, if that's even possible."
McClanahan died early Thursday at age 76 after suffering a stroke; co-star Bea Arthur died of cancer last year
and Estelle Getty passed away in 2008.
McClanahan had suffered a minor stroke earlier this year while recovering from triple bypass surgery. McClanahan's rep told the magazine that
at the time of her death Thursday, McClanahan "had her family with her. She went in peace."

Ard dheis Dé go raibh a hanam

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:52AM by Maggie » Logged
Ebby

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 05:54AM »

I am so sad to hear about her passing.  Golden Girls is absolutely, most definitely my favorite show of all time.  I know all the episodes and can even quote all the lines.  I own all 7 seasons on DVD.  Now that leaves only Betty White left of this wonderful cast. 

RIP Rue.  You will be missed.

I miss Lynn!!
worldtraveler

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 09:25PM »

I was definitely sad when I heard this news.  The strange thing is that I was watching reruns of The Golden Girls the evening before I heard the news, so the show was fresh on my mind. 
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 09:36PM »

This really is sad!  Kristine and I started to watch The Golden Girls again (used to watch it when we were little!) last school year, in 2008.  It is one of my favorite shows.  No matter how many times I've seen an episode, I can watch it over and over again!  Rue McClanhan was awesome as Blanche!  She will definitely be missed! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 04:45PM »

I was sad to hear the news because I'm a big fan of The Golden Girls.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
ferngully
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 03:43PM »

i was quite shocked to read of it  Sad its a shame each one is leaving each year. i hope betty doesn't continue the tradition and pass away next year. 2008 was estelle, 2009 was bea and this year its rue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: